RCI Check In online Set Sail Pass On Board Account

Neeny12

I wasn't able to attach my DH to credit card for the onboard account when doing RCI online check-in. RCI said I can do this at the pier. Anyone else have this problem? Did not have a problem doing this for our last cruise.

This happened to me when I was doing my on-line check-in. I tried several times and decided to just close it down. I went back in the next morning, and DH had been added to my c/c. Check it again and hopefully you will find the same thing. :)

I had problems once again trying to input my credit card info for my on board purchase

account online website. Could enter the info, but the button to continue did not highlight and did not work.

Happened on our last cruise also.

Simply called CS at RCI, and though she also had problems at first, she was able to

input it so I could print my set sail pass.

System has no problem with input of credit card for paying off the cruise, but with this section, there must be a glitch in the system the last few weeks.

The problem I had in the past was that somehow I got added as the primary person, responsible for onboard charges when I had intended that my husband's credit card be used. This happened about 3 cruises in a row until I finally realized that if I set up HIS account first, he would be made primarily responsible. So....I just learned to set up his account first, then mine...and they would use his credit card. Even when we did it wrong, they were able to fix it at check-in.

I've had trouble with that part of the website working on my last two cruises (in my case, I'm traveling with my minor son, so there are separate screens related to that as well).

I just set it up as a cash account online to be able to print the SetSail Pass, then I hand them my credit card at check-in and they add it at that time for both of us.

They just had me sign a form agreeing to the credit card charges... I don't think it even added a full minute to the check-in process (certainly MUCH less time than I spent struggling to get the website to process it!)

I've had trouble with that part of the website working on my last two cruises (in my case, I'm traveling with my minor son, so there are separate screens related to that as well).

I just set it up as a cash account online to be able to print the SetSail Pass, then I hand them my credit card at check-in and they add it at that time for both of us.

They just had me sign a form agreeing to the credit card charges... I don't think it even added a full minute to the check-in process (certainly MUCH less time than I spent struggling to get the website to process it!)

Also a great back up plan. :)

Though I prefer to call in advance and have RCI customer service correct it before I go.

The "wonderful" IT department keeps making changes that makes the website even less user friendly. They must be demons that delight in torturing us! :eek: