current diamond plus perks

seaandsea

No, I don't think so. I believe the double points for solo travel started about the time RC started charging 200% for solos. Maybe a way to appease solo travelers? Anyway -- I like it:). Katherine

I do as well, I'm sure Laura has earned well over 100 points that way

I don't think anyone would question if she should be diamond or not if she cruised to get there. It is just hard to see a diamond plus member who only cruised once or twice.

A bit bitter?? It is really your own problem. Clearly there is more than one way to skin a cat [emoji78]

Because that's the way it was marketed. Sure, modify it going forward, but the cow is out of the barn.

For what it's worth, dbl points for solo cruises is doing a lot more to swell the ranks. Should that be changed.

I agree with you John. The program is the program that RC runs.

Should second marriage couples, where one spouse is Diamond and the other might have sailed once or twice never be matched in status? How much fun would it be not to have your spouse in the lounge with you? That is another example of status matching that could be dropped. I don't think would be a fair thing to do, but it is RC's program.

Our 8 year old DS is D+ by us, and is Diamond on his own accord. By the time he is 18 he will be D+ on his actual sailings. When he is 18 and D+ I doubt that he will be allowed in the lounge during happy hour as he isn't 21, but we won't complain. They are RC rules, and they set them.

The other "elephant" in the room that no one talks about is death and it happens to all of us. Yes the ranks of diamond, plus, and Pinnacle are growing today. However CA has no way of determining how many actual members can't cruise because they are no longer able to for financial or health reasons. When today's kids reach hit 18 who knows what the true current numbers of CA exist?

As John said, the cow is out of the barn. Some things do self correct and over time and IMO this is one of them.

Our 8 year old DS is D+ by us, and is Diamond on his own accord. By the time he is 18 he will be D+ on his actual sailings. When he is 18 and D+ I doubt that he will be allowed in the lounge during happy hour as he isn't 21, but we won't complain. They are RC rules, and they set them.

That's 10 years from now. Why do I think things will be mighty different by then!! ;)

I agree with you John. The program is the program that RC runs.

Should second marriage couples, where one spouse is Diamond and the other might have sailed once or twice never be matched in status? How much fun would it be not to have your spouse in the lounge with you? That is another example of status matching that could be dropped. I don't think would be a fair thing to do, but it is RC's program.

The other "elephant" in the room that no one talks about is death and it happens to all of us. Yes the ranks of diamond, plus, and Pinnacle are growing today. However CA has no way of determining how many actual members can't cruise because they are no longer able to for financial or health reasons. When today's kids reach hit 18 who knows what the true current numbers of CA exist?

As John said, the cow is out of the barn. Some things do self correct and over time and IMO this is one of them.

This always makes me chuckle.

1452196899122.jpg.595264f9e93ef1cbe7285198576b1894.jpg

It was not always for Gold, we were able to use it non-gold once. I believe the change was made about 10 years ago.

Another CCer told me when BB was open to everyone and anyone was able to go there and enter at random. The next time they were there it was "fenced off" from the general public and they could not enter.

Another CCer told me when BB was open to everyone and anyone was able to go there and enter at random. The next time they were there it was "fenced off" from the general public and they could not enter.

Happened about the time they put in the hard dock, then everything started to change.

Change is good

I think there is a quote in there somewhere. Something about..."the one thing that

stays the same, is that things will change".

Kind of like death and taxes I guess. ;)

Now if I could just change back into my 25 year old body.... :p :p

Edited by island lady

I think there is a quote in there somewhere. Something about..."the one thing that

stays the same, is that things will change".

Kind of like death and taxes I guess. ;)

Now if I could just change back into my 25 year old body.... :p :p

Used to work for a home builder. We used to tell customers that the only guarantee we could give on concrete is that it would eventually crack

Edited by John&LaLa

Why is that hard? It's the program rules.

When you realize a rule is not working it should be changed. Why should someone who has cruised once get the same perks as someone who has cruised 20 times?

John hit it! Because it is the program rules. years ago when cruise credits were awarded 1 for a cruise ( 2 for a suite) regardless of cruise length....PER THE RULES .... I don't fault folks who took short cruises. I know many who took 3/4 night B2B rather than a 7 night cruise just to get more points.

m

Thanks to those who helped me find the answers to this topic.

I guess there is too much OFF TOPIC in most f\of these threads that makes it much harder to find answers to the topic.

It would be nice if people would stay on topic.

Since this is D+ perks I did see someone ask about the free picture perk.

My daughter is 19. She went to pick up her free picture and was told at point of sale that since she was under 21 she did not have access to the picture. She had to wait until she turned 21 to get that benefit. I asked them to scan her card and try to ring up the picture anyway. IT came up free. This was a few weeks ago. Her older brothers also picked up their free pictures when they were in between 18-21. They tell you one thing, but she had the coupon loaded on her card.

For the record my adult children have enough points to qualify for D+ on their own. I see a lot of people mentioning they see young people with D+ status they got from their parents... I don't think that is the case. Many of those kids have been cruising with the parents for many years and earned it on their own! My adult age kids now see many friends on the ships they met on past cruises in the camp when they were much younger. I bet most of those young people have grown up on cruises once or twice a year... for 15-20 years...

There is also a perk if you choose to purchase 5 pictures. I think it was 5 for $50.

Don't overlook the total. You get 2 - 24 hours each.

I used my 2 - 24 hours on two separate days from noon-noon. Then used the other 2 $40 coupons at the end for four days of unlimited internet.

We just got off of the NYE Brilliance, and the value of the internet coupon was $80, so the cost for the five-night cruise was $20. When we were on Enchantment in October, the value of the coupon was greater that the cost of the internet for our three night cruise, so we got the internet for free.