Princess EZ Air?

txwriter

I'm planning my very first Princess cruise. I'll be taking my mom to Alaska in 2017. I wanted to know a couple of things from those who book your airfare through the cruise line.

1. Can you book flights that arrive more than a week before your ship departs through Princess? We'd like to tour some areas before our embarkation.

2. Does the Princess insurance cover flights if booked through them?

Thanks in advance.

I'm planning my very first Princess cruise. I'll be taking my mom to Alaska in 2017. I wanted to know a couple of things from those who book your airfare through the cruise line.

1. Can you book flights that arrive more than a week before your ship departs through Princess? We'd like to tour some areas before our embarkation.

2. Does the Princess insurance cover flights if booked through them?

Thanks in advance.

When purchasing Princess insurance then eZAir Princess flights are covered without increasing the cost of your insurance. So if the cruise is $2,000 and your Princess booked flights are $1,000 your insurance cost is based only on the cruise fare. I don't recall how it works with Princess pre or post cruise tour bookings but seem to recall your insurance cost is based on your cruise fare.

Not sure how long prior to a cruise (or to extend it after a cruise) you can book but when checking for airfare there's an option to select a date which would show you if it's possible to book more than a week in advance. For our next cruise we only have to drive to the port so I have no way to check it for you although it may also vary based on your itinerary.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just pull up the cruise you want on the Princess website, click on 'Cruise Details' then click on the purple tab for 'Flight Quotes', enter your home city airport code, and you can then change the departure date as far back as you wish.

Please check to make sure Princess Insurance covers your exact flights before purchasing the insurance. There are some changes coming according to our TA who is one of Princess recommended travel agents with a national travel company.

My cruise is more than 500 days away, so I cannot check airfare yet. I'd like feedback from anyone who has done a long stay before or after a cruise (especially a DIY tour outside of Princess add on excursions) if possible.

...........1. Can you book flights that arrive more than a week before your ship departs through Princess?

Yes you can.

Please NOTE that when booking through its website, the date asked is not the DEPARTure date from your home airport, but the date you want to ARRIVE ON at your precruise destination.

That is how it can address preferences like yours.

I agree, we have booked the departure through EZ Air at least 1 week out a couple of times. :)

On our Regal cruise from Venice we were able to choose a flight into Milan a week early so we could stay with family before the cruise. It worked great.

Edited by Colo Cruiser