child care question

draggsxr1000

We have been kicking around the idea of a disney cruise. Ive noticed the ages for the childrens programs split my kids up. My son is 4 and my daughter will be 2. At the time of departure. I know this wont go over well. Will they allow my daughter to stay with her brother. She will be one month away from 3. Thx

No, they will not. Their legal department got involved a few years ago and since that time the ages of 3 and 18 are totally firm. A child can't be in the programming until their third birthday and are kicked out on their 18th birthday (regardless of high school status).

You can take both kids during open house hours, but the younger one will be in the nursery for drop off times.

Your other alternative is to delay the cruise for a month till the younger turns 3.

Edited by moki'smommy

The younger will be in a NURSERY. The older will have activities to keep him busy. He would be totally bored to death in the nursery. 2 year olds are tricky...some have "separation anxiety" or fear of strangers....she may be with you a lot of the time, if that's the case! She will outgrow it around 3 years old!

Edited by cb at sea

Well that stinks. She wont leave her brother. So basically the only time this would happen would be if we left them to go eat or something.

She can accompany her brother during the Open House hours. Typically these occur 1 or 2 hours, once or twice a day in the clubs. But, you will have to also be in attendance.

When the kids go to their respective clubs during the secure hours (when parents are not allowed in) your's will be in separate clubs.

Are these clubs close together? So they check her birth date? She will be weeks away from 3. Sadly we dont wanna wait another year. And I only have vacation these weeks

Yes, they know their birthdate. Also, the nursery, unlike the rest of the kids clubs, isn't free.

Are these clubs close together? So they check her birth date? She will be weeks away from 3. Sadly we dont wanna wait another year. And I only have vacation these weeks

The nursery is not attached to the Oceaneer's Club. It is down the hall. Yes, they will know her birth date and know that she is not eligible to be in the secure programming in the OC. She can be there with a parent during open house hours.

No, they will no longer make an exception for even one day. That's what happens when lawyers get involved. The requirements for the spaces were changed so that now age is the only thing that matters.

The nursery costs $9 per hour...but you only pay 1/2 of the 3-11 fare for a 2 year old. Bottom line--wait till she is 3 or accept that the kids can not be dropped off in the same program area.