Roll out of Curtis Stone's Chef Table?

Pamster

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule of rolling out the Curtis Stone Chef Table across the fleet? The Princess site just says across the entire fleet beginning January 2016. We are on the Crown in April, wondering if it might be there by then.

Has anyone heard anything about the schedule of rolling out the Curtis Stone Chef Table across the fleet? The Princess site just says across the entire fleet beginning January 2016. We are on the Crown in April, wondering if it might be there by then.

Pam....

There are a bunch of threads on share.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2272426&highlight=crown+share

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289388&highlight=share

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289216&highlight=share

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Are you asking about a Chef's Table or about the SHARE Speciality Restaurant that is now operating on a couple of the Princess ships?

Chef's table? They all read as the Share restaurant, not Stone's Chef's Table menu.

Yeah, I know about SHARE. Have seen these threads. It's not going on Crown right away. Was wondering about the Chef's Table, since they said it was rolling out to the entire fleet starting January 2016. Thanks, though.

Yeah, I know about SHARE. Have seen these threads. It's not going on Crown right away. Was wondering about the Chef's Table, since they said it was rolling out to the entire fleet starting January 2016. Thanks, though.

This happens here, expect a "my bad" reply before long.

I have not heard about a connection between Stone and the Chefs table.

I have not heard about a connection between Stone and the Chefs table.

From the Princess site:

"CHEF CURTIS STONE COMES ABOARD!

We're thrilled to team up with celebrity chef, restaurateur, New York Times best-selling author and television personality Chef Curtis Stone. Beginning this Fall, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy culinary creations designed exclusively for Princess by Chef Stone in three exciting new ways. Discover "Crafted by Curtis" menu items available in the main dining room fleet wide, savor an exquisite selection of courses at "Share," an all new specialty restaurant on select ships designed by Chef Stone, or treat your taste buds to the ultimate Curtis Stone onboard experience, "Chef's Table by Curtis Stone," including a galley tour and special multi-course meal prepared by the Executive Chef onboard!"

Why the eye roll, they're asking about the Chef's table which Princess announced Stone was also executing for the line.

From the Princess site:

"CHEF CURTIS STONE COMES ABOARD!

We're thrilled to team up with celebrity chef, restaurateur, New York Times best-selling author and television personality Chef Curtis Stone. Beginning this Fall, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy culinary creations designed exclusively for Princess by Chef Stone in three exciting new ways. Discover "Crafted by Curtis" menu items available in the main dining room fleet wide, savor an exquisite selection of courses at "Share," an all new specialty restaurant on select ships designed by Chef Stone, or treat your taste buds to the ultimate Curtis Stone onboard experience, "Chef's Table by Curtis Stone," including a galley tour and special multi-course meal prepared by the Executive Chef onboard!"

Yes.

I also read that Curtis Stone will be in charge of the Chef's table menu. I think that might be good. I was and Barnes and Noble today and checked out a couple of his cookbooks. I was impressed....there was no froth in the books, not cat's puke on anything....It looked like good solid recipes that were certainly updated but looked, and sounded, delicious..Everyone get so upset over the word "Share". Is it possible to share an idea? or a concept? I never understood...and yes....I watched all of the video's....that this was a communal dish served family style everyone dipping their hand into the crockpot type of meal...You can share many things.....but not necessarily my dinner....:) I have the the Chef's table enough where all of my friends have Princess cookbooks...I would like something other than great appetizers in the kitchen...rather than three huge hunks of meat on my plate that I can't finish...I am more than willing to try it out....at least twice....as things....while they are supposed to be the same, all seem to have their own touch applied....I will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks and will let you know what I think.....

I also read that Curtis Stone will be in charge of the Chef's table menu. I think that might be good. I was and Barnes and Noble today and checked out a couple of his cookbooks. I was impressed....there was no froth in the books, not cat's puke on anything....It looked like good solid recipes that were certainly updated but looked, and sounded, delicious..Everyone get so upset over the word "Share". Is it possible to share an idea? or a concept? I never understood...and yes....I watched all of the video's....that this was a communal dish served family style everyone dipping their hand into the crockpot type of meal...You can share many things.....but not necessarily my dinner....:) I have the the Chef's table enough where all of my friends have Princess cookbooks...I would like something other than great appetizers in the kitchen...rather than three huge hunks of meat on my plate that I can't finish...I am more than willing to try it out....at least twice....as things....while they are supposed to be the same, all seem to have their own touch applied....I will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks and will let you know what I think.....

Just off the Ruby and looked at his menu for share and very weird stuff. Only beef on the menu was beef cheeks yuk. Doesnt look like it is stsarting very well manager kept going around DR trying to get people to come there.

25 for crown grill and 39 for share. Not much to think about in my book.

Who knows what the chefs table will look like.

Laughing about the manager soliciting around the dining room. You think that's bad?? Imagine what we saw on the Emerald...a waiter from SHARE going around the pool area soliciting people in the afternoon!!! It was comical! Then, we found the menus at Scoops Ice Cream...because every 10 year old is going to grab one and demand his parents take him to SHARE!

WOW!!! And how did this question about the rollout of the Curtis Stone Chef's table get hijacked into yet ANOTHER thread of people complaining about the "SHARE" concept, without really knowing what it is? Why is everyone so anxious to see this fail - and seem to be taking great glee in the fact that everyone isn't filling up the restaurant at first? Could be that Princess overestimated the sophistication of the palate of their customers, and this was too big of a leap for many of them. If so, they'll learn, they'll make adjustments. I say give them time.

As far as I know, there has been no announcement for when the Curtis Stone chef's table will premier. I did notice in some of the pictures posted here of the new SHARE restaurant that there is a somewhat isolated banquet-room-like area with a large table and maybe 12 chairs. I wonder if that's where the chef's table will be held. Another question is whether the resident Princess chef will do the function or if there will be some sort of Curtis clone. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Another question is whether the resident Princess chef will do the function or if there will be some sort of Curtis clone. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Princess site says the executive chef of each ship will run the table:

"Chef's Table by Curtis Stone," including a galley tour and special multi-course meal prepared by the Executive Chef onboard!"

When we dined in SHARE on the Ruby, the answer about the Chef's Table was "after the first of the year".

I think it will lose something not seeing dinner service going on around you in the galley while you guzzle Cordon Rouge.

When we dined in SHARE on the Ruby, the answer about the Chef's Table was "after the first of the year".

I think it will lose something not seeing dinner service going on around you in the galley while you guzzle Cordon Rouge.

We only had Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne last couple of times. Cheap stuff but decent.

Just off the Ruby and looked at his menu for share and very weird stuff. Only beef on the menu was beef cheeks yuk. Doesnt look like it is stsarting very well manager kept going around DR trying to get people to come there.

25 for crown grill and 39 for share. Not much to think about in my book.

Who knows what the chefs table will look like.

I guess they switched gears from pushing he wine tasting to pushing a new restaurant. For me $39 is too much for a specialty restaurant. I know Celebrity gets $45 and up but I wouldn't book them either. From reading these boards I think that Share would work better on Celebrity because their passengers have no problem paying the high end prices and seem to like the gimmicky presentations that they offer in Qsine for $45. Depending on price I might be tempted to try the Curtis Stone Chef's Table.

Edited by Iamcruzin