are cabins directly under bridge noisy?

seasprite

Hi there,

I always look above and below the cabin I'm booking and I'm thinking of switching to a cabin that would be on the bow, directly below the bridge (deck 13, cat OA, Breakaway). Has anyone had experience with bow cabins under the bridge on NCL? I'm wondering if you get noise under the bridge? Thanks again for the help!

Hi Seasprite, cannot say what the Breakeaway is like, but we sailed on the Jewel directly under near the bridge, and whilst I was ok my wife did have disrupted sleep.

This was mainly very early in the morning hours, when there seemed to be a shift change of some sort. Not thumping but you could clearly hear foot steps etc.

We did say to the captain that he has a heavy stomp and to wear slippers, he just laughed and said he would remind all crew to be mindful, but did not really help.

It did not ruin our holiday, the cabins at the front are the best, and I would put up with the captain stomp again.😀

Cheers mark

carpeted, really? I hadn't thought of that. The captain Mark wrote about must really be a bigfoot lol!

I recall that the bridge on the Gem was but I could be mistaken. Yes, the captain must have a really big foot to be heard like that:).

Seasprite,

I have one of these cabins (12704) booked for an upcoming cruise, and while it looks like a great room, I am finding things about noise in these rooms. In fact I found a review of cabin 12704 where the OP said there was a constant noise in this room. I am starting to rethink taking this type cabin. Also found this review of these OA cabins, which concerns me very much. It sounds like they all have this problem...

Our stateroom was the equivalent of a haunted hotel room that everyone that works on the ship is aware of, yet they continue to sell the room. The room is beside a septic pipeline, such that every time someone on the upper floors flushes their toilet or uses the shower, you would hear the vacuum pressurized and the loud noise of water whooshing through the room. This is an inherent design flaw of the ship and it occurs as frequently as every 30 seconds! This noise will keep you up, you will not be able to sleep. People regardless of tolerance level would find buying this category to be unacceptable. Sadly, the room itself is remarkable with a beautiful ocean view at the front of the ship. Norwegian did the bare minimum to appease us, they swapped our rooms after 3 nights of sailing and only gave us 1 Specialty Dining dinner as compensatio

Hi Seasprite, cannot say what the Breakeaway is like, but we sailed on the Jewel directly under near the bridge, and whilst I was ok my wife did have disrupted sleep.

This was mainly very early in the morning hours, when there seemed to be a shift change of some sort. Not thumping but you could clearly hear foot steps etc.

We did say to the captain that he has a heavy stomp and to wear slippers, he just laughed and said he would remind all crew to be mindful, but did not really help.

It did not ruin our holiday, the cabins at the front are the best, and I would put up with the captain stomp again.😀

Cheers mark

We also had a room directly under the bridge on the Jewel this last May and we did hear some footsteps from time to time. It never bothered us and we hope to hear them again in one of our upcoming cruises as that is now our favorite spot on the ship. :)

We have sailed on many forward cabins on the other NCL ships, and they are some of our favorites, with their huge balconies and forward views. Unfortunately, the Breakaway class ships no longer have balconies with their forward cabins...what a shame.

We have been on the deck under the bridge many times, and never been bothered by noise from above at all, other than the occasional footsteps. By nature of what they do there, the bridge is a quiet place.

Hi there,

I always look above and below the cabin I'm booking and I'm thinking of switching to a cabin that would be on the bow, directly below the bridge (deck 13, cat OA, Breakaway). Has anyone had experience with bow cabins under the bridge on NCL? I'm wondering if you get noise under the bridge? Thanks again for the help!

We were on the Jewel under the bridge and on Wed. night we heard a lot of stomping. When I called guest services I was told it was the bridge crews' weekly square dancing and should be ending soon. Sure enough they were right, it ended about 5 minutes later. I just hope dodge ball night isn't as noisy.;)

Seasprite,

I have one of these cabins (12704) booked for an upcoming cruise, and while it looks like a great room, I am finding things about noise in these rooms. In fact I found a review of cabin 12704 where the OP said there was a constant noise in this room. I am starting to rethink taking this type cabin. Also found this review of these OA cabins, which concerns me very much. It sounds like they all have this problem...xxxxx...

All dem squirrels in their squirrel cage motors need to tone it down a notch

It could very well be that the ships ventilation system (air conditioning ducts) are in proximity to the cabins in question

and then the restroom facilities on the bridge for the crew.

All that computerized gear on the bridge needs massive amounts of cooling to function without fault

This thread has gotten to be really lively! Who'd have thought my little old question would start all of this craziness lol. I had read about cabin 12704 on the Breakaway too, and that was what prompted me to ask about this. It sounds like the rooms are so special with the view and window, so I'm going to take my chances. I'll stay on deck 12, rather than move up to 13 directly under the bridge. Square dancing might get on my nerves lol. With all of the varied opinions, I'll just hope it's a quiet area and that people aren't up flushing their toilets all night! I'll let you know how it goes...but my cruise isn't till next Oct., so be patient!