Couple of Newbie Questions

rbird

New to Celebrity.

Couple of questions:

1. How early do pax start arriving at Port Everglades for boarding?

2. Do you have to make reservations for evening shows or comedians or can you just show up?

3. Do ANY men still wear a tux on Evening Chic nights? And can men wear polos and slacks other nights?

4. We are booked in a Veranda deluxe ( not Aqua or Concierge class), is it possible to request 2 robes from the cabin steward?

5. We have a Premium Beverage plan, where can I get bottled water from? I drink a ton of water daily.

6. We have Select dining. Will the Dining room take a reservation for say

730 pm every night after the first night?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers. I appreciate all the helpful info I have gathered here in years past.

Not sure how early others arrive but we arrive around 11 am and find it takes about 20 mins from arrival to boarding.

2. Do you have to make reservations for evening shows or comedians or can you just show up?

No reservations required. Just show up.

3. Do ANY men still wear a tux on Evening Chic nights? And can men wear polos and slacks other nights?

Yes, men still wear tuxes and suits on Chic nights. Men MUST wear slacks and collared shirts to dinner on other nights (except in buffet I believe...but I've never been in the buffet at dinner)

4. We are booked in a Veranda deluxe ( not Aqua or Concierge class), is it possible to request 2 robes from the cabin steward?

Can't hurt to ask but I don't know.

5. We have a Premium Beverage plan, where can I get bottled water from? I drink a ton of water daily.

Any bar and Café Al Bacio or ask when at dinner

I don't know if they'll take reservations but you can just show up when you want. In 7 cruises we have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated.

11AM although some just come earlier

Not only don't you have to...you can't make reservations

some still wear formal..less and less though; yes, polo and slacks are fine...smart casual"

You should find 2 robes in your cabin..it's the default

Stop at any bar..they will give you a 1 liter bottle...but only one at a time....you can't ask for 2 or 3 at the same time.

You can reserve time at select dining EVERY night including the first night

Edited by ghstudio

Inside onboard before 11:AMwe were.

No. no reserving seat per announcement, no flash photograghy per announcement, video allowed per listening to announcement. On a formal night they may ropeoff 3 rows for certain guests, but able to sit there if you want.

up to you what you like to wear.

water water everywhere, all you

there is a limit all you

check in first thing on board, make those arrangements

Edited by gopro63

New to Celebrity.

Couple of questions:

Some arrive circa 9am, but boarding usually does not start until a bit after 10 or 10:30.

2 Shows - just show up about 5 minute before the showtime works fine

About 5-10% in formal wear. Many others with sports coats and'/or ties

Yes. Probably already in your closet. If not there ask quickly. Steward can also provide softer or harder pillows if you ask immediately.

Any bar and lots of other places. Probably 15 or 20 places. Only 1 at a time so simply stock up a bit. If you order to you room they are NOT included in your beverage plan

Yes but you might want to look at entertainment schedule to make sure you have time to get to shows. Early show usually at 7pm and late at 9pm.

Thank you in advance for your time and answers. I appreciate all the helpful info I have gathered here in years past.

Hope this helps.

You should have two robes in your stateroom when you arrive. Yes, you can request a 7:30 reservation on the first night.

You can do it online. We just got off the Silhouette two weeks ago and did it about two months before. You can't pick a particular table but if you find a waiter you like, you can request his area. We did that, and sat in the same area all 14 nights.

Some replies:

1) This can vary cruise to cruise, depending on arrangements for boarding that you have been given.

2) No reservations need to be made for shows. In the days of Formal nights, certain seats in the middle of the downstairs of the theatre were roped off for Suite guests. No idea if this still happens since the introduction of Chic night.

3) Afraid I haven't cruised since the December introduction of Chic, so am unable to answer this question.

4) There will be 2 robes already in your wardrobe, but whether they fit is another matter. In the past I have asked for a larger one and the Steward has exchanged both for a plusher quality ( I believe they are available if you book Aqua)

5) You can pick up bottled water from any bar, by showing your room card.

6) You can pre reserve your Select dining via the web site. I went on tho the site approx 3 weeks before we sailed. I wanted 7.15 and was able to reserve on the majority of nights, except Formal nights, when only 7.30 was available. However, we found that showing up at 7.15 worked and we were shown to the same table, which was useful for me, as I am Lactose intolerant. This meant that we had the same waiter, who knew my dietary needs. This timing meant we were just able to make the late show (8.30 most nights on our cruise- these show times can vary)

Edited by upwarduk

I can't remember how, but I was able to reserve a 7pm dinner reservation in the MDR for every night of my upcoming cruise. I did it online back in May when I first booked the cruise, and it shows up in my daily schedule when I'm logged into my account. I think there is a link to the reservations system in the dining section of the website, like where you buy packages for the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you make the reservations in the specialty restaurant section...even though select isn't a specialty restaurant.

Correct

Scroll to the end and even though there is a button to pay, Select dining is free.

Not easy, as you have to select each day individually, the site doesn't allow a selection for 'All days' only individual dates.

Edited by upwarduk

Not sure how early others arrive but we arrive around 11 am and find it takes about 20 mins from arrival to boarding.

No reservations required. Just show up.

Yes, men still wear tuxes and suits on Chic nights. Men MUST wear slacks and collared shirts to dinner on other nights (except in buffet I believe...but I've never been in the buffet at dinner)

Can't hurt to ask but I don't know.

Any bar and Café Al Bacio or ask when at dinner

I don't know if they'll take reservations but you can just show up when you want. In 7 cruises we have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated.

I'm sure happy all our cruises are booked in Aqua or above so I can wear my jeans to dinner in Blu or Luminae every night.:D