Diamond Status for companions?

sorry-sorry-thanks for highlighting the 'actual points'. My bad!!:o

For some reason I read it that my kids should start all over after they went on the cruises!!

All's better in the world again-right!!!:confused::D

What ships have reserved areas for elites in the Windjammer ? I have never seen that.

I have been on EN, GR, Nav and Lib. all of them have had a small area set aside for Gold card Holders. and I do mean small.. maybe enough room to seat 20-25 tops

Can anyone confirm the official line for children being in the diamond lounge in the evening. My nieces (12 &14) became diamond prior to our Anthem Transatlantic last year but we were told no children in the lounge at night. I wasn't sure if this was across the fleet or only because it was a busy diamond event. They are well behaved children so not the case of them running about, would just like to know for future cruises as I enjoy going into the lounge as you are more inclined to meet the same people every night. Thanks in advance.

It probably depends on the ship and the circumstances. The last two times we were on the Freedom our kids were allowed into the Diamond Lounge in the evening as long as they were accompanied by an adult. (see attachment, 4th to last paragraph)

ETA: sorry attachment is so small you probably can't read it

136209382_DiamondClubFOSresized.jpg.3905d47f41cf1b502f5f498fc0799b48.jpg

Edited by LisaGoeke

It probably depends on the ship and the circumstances. The last two times we were on the Freedom our kids were allowed into the Diamond Lounge in the evening as long as they were accompanied by an adult. (see attachment, 4th to last paragraph)

ETA: sorry attachment is so small you probably can't read it

Correct, can't read it. Is that during happy hour though. We do Freedom a lot :D and have never seen kids during happy hour

Yes, during happy hour.

I'll try one more time to attach a snippet of the letter.

This is what it says.

Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, guests under the age of 18 are permitted in the Diamond Lounge after 4:30 p.m. if accompanied by an adult.

1890174875_diamondloungecapture.jpg.eaba561cea5f0f139ac24f28bb1b58fb.jpg

Yes, during happy hour.

I'll try one more time to attach a snippet of the letter.

This is what it says.

Lisa, the best way to post pictures here is to open an account at an online photo-sharing website like photobucket. You upload your pictures and then it gives you a code for posting them here.

:)

On the Radiance the CL is a lot nicer, in my opinion, than the DL, which is only a few metres away, on the same level.

This does not relate necessarily, again in my opinion, to the members of each lounge, whose company I really do enjoy.

The CL on Radiance has its own cocktail bar and barman, and also it's own outdoor balcony.

The DL, on the other hand, is totally indoors (with full ht windows over the pool area), but has no separate cocktail bar.

I enjoy (as a D+) mixing between the two. :-)

It would really be a shame to lose this privelege if the DL is done away with. :-(

MP.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Radiance the CL is a lot nicer, in my opinion, than the DL, which is only a few metres away, on the same level.

This does not relate necessarily, again in my opinion, to the members of each lounge, whose company I really do enjoy.

The CL on Radiance has its own cocktail bar and barman, and also it's own outdoor balcony.

The DL, on the other hand, is totally indoors (with full ht windows over the pool area), but has no separate cocktail bar.

I enjoy (as a D+) mixing between the two. :-)

It would really be a shame to lose this privelege if the DL is done away with. :-(

MP.

I hope they don't I will finally reach diamond status on my March cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
You do get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge and three free drinks at other bars nightly.

Interesting, did not know this. Can those three extra free drinks at other bars be beer/wine/cocktails?

Seems like a drinks package could almost be redundant for some cruisers if this is the case. :)

Can those three extra free drinks at other bars be beer/wine/cocktails?

You can choose from a list which includes spirits, beers, wines (water and soda). Cocktails can be made out of the listed spirits - like Gin Tonic, Cuba Libre, Cosmopolitan.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Interesting, did not know this. Can those three extra free drinks at other bars be beer/wine/cocktails?

Seems like a drinks package could almost be redundant for some cruisers if this is the case. :)

You can get the same drinks as you could in the lounge, mixed drinks, basic martinis, cosmo, lemon drop (for example). The bars actually have a list of what is allowed for those using a Diamond drinks coupon. If you have a friendly bar tender they may be prepared to make something off the list - sometimes we've been lucky and sometimes not.

You are right about the drinks package though. We have never found the need for a package since the coupons were introduced as we can use the coupon for a sailaway drink or whilst getting ready to go to the lounge and then take a glass of wine from the coupons in to dinner.