I'm addicted to checking cruise prices...

xcell

I wish people would stop booking cruises as a hedge. Messes up the inventory and the price. Kinda like speculating in stocks. Just buy what you want.

You're wish is not gonna happen......

Guess you'll keep overpaying for cruises.

You're wish is not gonna happen......

Guess you'll keep overpaying for cruises.

Never said I didn't look for price reductions or book early. I just don't see the need to book cruises I won't take so I can have options. One of these days there will be fees imposed like they do in the UK.

BTW, Freedom this coming March, $2,031 for a JS with $250 OBC and free tips. Is that overpaying? :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

Never said I didn't look for price reductions or book early. I just don't see the need to book cruises I won't take so I can have options. One of these days there will be fees imposed like they do in the UK.

BTW, Freedom this coming March, $2,031 for a JS with $250 OBC and free tips. Is that overpaying? :eek:

Good rate.....

I've found booking first day works for me.

I like having options. As you can see in my signature, I dont book a lot of itenaries and have actually only canceled one cruise (Around the horn on Rhapsody). I will book much more with the upcoming itinerary announcement....and will probably cancel at least one over the 18 months.

To each their own.

We'll never get UK rules.

See you on Rhapsody April2017.......maybe??

Edited by Beachammo

Good rate.....

I've found booking first day works for me.

I like having options. As you can see in my signature, I dont book a lot of itenaries and have actually only canceled one cruise (Around the horn on Rhapsody). I will book much more with the upcoming itinerary announcement....and will probably cancel at least one over the 18 months.

To each their own.

We'll never get UK rules.

We've never cancelled, yet. Royal cancelled a few on us though. :(

I have moved a couple. Why do you think we'll never get UK rules. I though I heard NCL was modifying their cancellation policies.

Oh, and yes, we will be on that TA

Edited by John&LaLa

We've never cancelled, yet. Royal cancelled a few on us though. :(

I have moved a couple. Why do you think we'll never get UK rules. I though I heard NCL was modifying their cancellation policies.

I just had a cruise canceled on us last year. February 21st 2016 Jewel of the Seas. Had the perfect cabin (9256) and Royal made us switch to February 7th. Only got a $200 OBC for our trouble.

Many Paxs will be upset if Royal made changes to the policy to mirror UK rules. Even UK rules aren't always followed in the UK......our friends from the UK were able to cancel without penalty to move over and join us on Brilliance April 2016.

Since Royal only gave us one TA in 2017 to choose from.....I may switch when given other options.

Have a great time on Freedom!!

Edited by Beachammo

I`ve always taken the cruises I`ve booked - just finding slim pickings this year -- prices are going too high and with the CDN vs USD ...it`s dampening my spirits...

My friend just booked the Harmony Dec 17 cruise for an amazing price (through her TA). I guess sometimes TAs have better pricing than the cruise line... (she got 2 balcony rooms for less than a quad balcony and the 2 person balcony is cheaper than what is being offered now and it was only booked last tuesday - ***)

I`ve always taken the cruises I`ve booked - just finding slim pickings this year -- prices are going too high and with the CDN vs USD ...it`s dampening my spirits...

My friend just booked the Harmony Dec 17 cruise for an amazing price (through her TA). I guess sometimes TAs have better pricing than the cruise line... (she got 2 balcony rooms for less than a quad balcony and the 2 person balcony is cheaper than what is being offered now and it was only booked last tuesday - ***)

Like you said in the beginning, just stay on top of the prices and you'll find something. I got a solo JS and an interior for less than the price of two in the JS for a TA in 17

So you use a TA?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, but the TA in my post was TransAtlantic. Booked the trip onboard, but price was adjusted after the travel agent got it. I should disclose that this price worked out because we are now getting the 150% solo pricing due you C&A point totals

I checked 3+ times a day online from booking until a few weeks before sail away. However, the reason my family and our friends both got amazing deals on our last cruise was by calling into RCL. Most of the CSRs you get are OK, but we both were lucky to land a couple of great ones. The CSRs that really spend time and dig to find you the best deals.

So, I would highly recommend calling in often as well.

The CSRs that really spend time and dig to find you the best deals.

So, I would highly recommend calling in often as well.

While the RCI web site in known to be a mess, it would be really unusual for the CSR to have anything other the price on the web site.:cool:

A travel agent I can see having something a better deal than the RCI web site, but not an RCI CSR.

I missed out (a few months ago) on an amazing priced for RCCL Harmony and now I am addicted to checking daily (possibly even more than once, even though I know it wouldn't change within the day) to see if the price has changed.

I swear if I paid this much attention to stocks, I wouldn't have to worry about the cost of cruise...am I the only one???? (or is that what a TA does for me....)

It's maddening the games airlines, hotels and cruise lines play to maximize their occupancy rates and profits.

I heard that if you wait until just before the sail dates you can score some good deals, is this true? I'm tempted next time to just block out a week of vacation with my job and then look for deals like a week before and just do it....

[quote name='IndyKid']I heard that if you wait until just before the sail dates you can score some good deals, is this true? I'm tempted next time to just block out a week of vacation with my job and then look for deals like a week before and just do it....[/QUOTE]

That used to be somewhat true, but lately, last minute deals are rarer. The deals, if any, are more likely to be 30-60 days out, rather than one week. You can look at the GGG flier for examples. [url]http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf[/url] Edited by Biker19

[quote name='Biker19']That used to be somewhat true, but lately, last minute deals are rarer. The deals, if any, are more likely to be 30-60 days out, rather than one week. You can look at the GGG flier for examples. [URL]http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf[/URL][/quote]

I took a look at the current GGG flier. The price showing for the same exact cruise and room that we're doing in April is higher than what we paid under the 30 for 30 program, so in this case waiting does not help.

[quote name='IndyKid']I took a look at the current GGG flier. The price showing for the same exact cruise and room that we're doing in April is higher than what we paid under the 30 for 30 program, so in this case waiting does not help.[/QUOTE]

The GGG prices are a deal compared to current prices, not overall and many times still higher than original prices when bookings first opened.

[quote name='IndyKid']It's maddening the games airlines, hotels and cruise lines play to maximize their occupancy rates and profits.

I heard that if you wait until just before the sail dates you can score some good deals, is this true? I'm tempted next time to just block out a week of vacation with my job and then look for deals like a week before and just do it....[/QUOTE]

You begrudge a public company from trying to maximize occupancy?

[quote name='Biker19']Perhaps, if you didn't know how to play the game.:cool:[/QUOTE]

It is an eternal battle between buyers and sellers. Always has been, always will be. Doesn't matter what the industry is. Houses, cars, electronics, clothes, etc....

Just bought a house for my son, total game.