Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Years ago they would take the navigation chart and have the crew sign it and auction it off for charity. They don't do that anymore. At least I have not seen that in a while. Maybe they could sell the days of the week mats. Wonder if anyone has ever taken one of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Years ago they would take the navigation chart and have the crew sign it and auction it off for charity. They don't do that anymore. At least I have not seen that in a while. Maybe they could sell the days of the week mats. Wonder if anyone has ever taken one of them?

Are you sure you aren't thinking Cunard. They still do it but I can't remember ever seeing it on HAL. I'm on limited wifi and haven't seen the video. Is that what was in the package?

Roy

Are you sure you aren't thinking Cunard. They still do it but I can't remember ever seeing it on HAL. I'm on limited wifi and haven't seen the video. Is that what was in the package?

Roy

Roy, the package is one of the gangway mats that is navy blue and says "Grand World Voyage 2016" (the logo) on it. It's really awesome.

Hope your foot's feeling a bit better.

Just remembered your post about the Captain's Farewell Reception on the World Cruise.

Did you or Gene post that 5 minutes video that was such a hit? Would love to see it, but am not finding it.

Thanks!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Just remembered your post about the Captain's Farewell Reception on the World Cruise.

Did you or Gene post that 5 minutes video that was such a hit? Would love to see it, but am not finding it.

Thanks!

I haven't see it yet. He said it would be on his Facebook page. Search Gene moi moi young to find

Roy

No. Never been on Cunard. It was HAL.

The video explains all, but from the ship at the end of the voyage.

Wow, what an awesome souvenir. How did you ever accomplish getting it?

(Slow rural internet connection hasn't yet let me load the video).

Wow, what an awesome souvenir. How did you ever accomplish getting it?

(Slow rural internet connection hasn't yet let me load the video).

I expressed interest and toward the end of the cruise they asked me to make a sealed bid with proceeds to the crew fund. They had 2 mats....top 2 bids got the mats

I have a question about cabin selection. I think you had a balcony cabin, did you get noise from below?

It looks like all public spaces below you.

Zero noise from below.....only noise was from above when they moved deck chairs - and that was when they were cleaning out there - maybe once a week or so, and then only during the day.

We were in 6206

I really enjoyed following along with your posts. What a trip of a lifetime! Loved your photos and descriptions. We all really appreciate you taking time from your amazing trip to post your experiences. Will you be summing up the experience (e.g. good, bad, ugly, etc.)? I would be very interested in your thoughts!

I really enjoyed following along with your posts. What a trip of a lifetime! Loved your photos and descriptions. We all really appreciate you taking time from your amazing trip to post your experiences. Will you be summing up the experience (e.g. good, bad, ugly, etc.)? I would be very interested in your thoughts!

Yes. I will be posting on numerous subjects in the future. Stay tuned. Check http://www.theinsidecabin.com

Later today will be post on entertainment.