Port Everglades to FLL transportation

mrsgthatsme

Going on a Princess cruise in March. Our travel agent suggested Princess transfers from the port to the airport because she said you may have to wait a while for a taxi when that many people are disembarking the ship. Do you find that to be true? Transfers would be $38 total for the two of us. I figure uber or a taxi would be less but also don't want to have to wait a long time.

Going on a Princess cruise in March. Our travel agent suggested Princess transfers from the port to the airport because she said you may have to wait a while for a taxi when that many people are disembarking the ship. Do you find that to be true? Transfers would be $38 total for the two of us. I figure uber or a taxi would be less but also don't want to have to wait a long time.

If you self disembark (carrying your luggage) . You'll be one of the groups off. Not much of a line for taxi's. Taxi is $20 incl tip to airport.

Uber might not be allowed into the port for pickups.

This is just our experience but in over a half dozen cruises disembarking at Fort Lauderdale we have never encountered a taxi shortage. We are never the first ones off, usually disembarking around 9 am and we don't carry our luggage with us. Sometimes we have had to wait in a line because the cabs can load only so quickly but it was never more than 5 minutes.

Are their any Drug stores or wine stores outside the airport where a taxi can stop for us on the way to the ship

Ask him/her to stop at Harbor Shops shopping center where there is a Total Wine and a Publix grocery store with just about anything you would find in a drug store. The shopping center is off 17th Street about 1 mile west of the Eisenhower Street entrance to Port Everglades.

I tried taking a taxi in December 2013 from the terminals and it was a nightmare. Just a lot of standing around in the hot sun waiting a half hour or so for a cab. Did I just catch it on a bad day?

Can't explain your experience. We've done at least a dozen cruises out of Port Everglades, have always taken a taxi to the airport. Sometimes we have 4 or 5 passengers, so we need a minivan taxi. Most we've ever waited is 10 minutes for a minvan to become available.

We just returned from a cruise at Port Everglades and taxis were No trouble. We disembarked with LOTS of luggage so I tipped $10 to a porter who navigated us around most of the lines right up to customs and then out to the Taxi line. Outside the porter again went around the line and put us, right away, into a taxi, and off we went. I felt a little guilty, but to the porters, time is money so the authorities give them a lot of leeway. Any way we were off the ship and in a taxi in 10 minutes or so. The best $10 I ever spent.;)

Capriccio-Thanking you for the great reply to our question regarding shopping on the way to ship Thanks again Hnlulu

The Harbor Shopping Center (Publix) is right behind Embassy Suites Hotel...and the taxi driver should have no trouble getting you there quickly from the port.

Edited by Ashland

Are their any Drug stores or wine stores outside the airport where a taxi can stop for us on the way to the ship

Are you looking for wine only? Total Wine will fill your order and have it waiting for you, to help with a running meter. It's located in Harbor Shops very near port.

If you need to make a stop at two stores, the waiting cab will be costly.