Hyatt Place 17th st Conv- nearby shopping

MrsWhite831

This is my weirdest CC question ever...

We're staying at Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center this Saturday pre cruise. We have looked ALL OVER our home town (Freezing snowy buffalo) and kind not find water shoes that we need for an excursion. I know we could buy them online but a few in the family wanted to try them on 1st or find them cheap as possible. I know that there is "shopping nearby"- anywhere you think would sell things like water shoes??

Closest to you is Harbor Shops. Short walk. If not there, you will find cheap beach things at the huge CVS at Beach Place. If you need more choice head to Galleria Mall. Easy cab ride.

Edited by eandj

Closest to you is Harbor Shops. Short walk. If not there, you will find cheap beach things at the huge CVS at Beach Place. If you need more choice head to Galleria Mall. Easy cab ride.

The Publix grocery store in the Harbor Shops should have water shoes (they have a big section of beach wear, toys, etc.).

The Publix grocery store in the Harbor Shops should have water shoes (they have a big section of beach wear, toys, etc.).

You're right. I remember seeing beach toys and stuff there. Not sure as much as that CVS but definitely worth the look.

I am sure I have seen them there in Publix and it was a winter month. I think there is a Payless shoe store there as well and perhaps they have them.

With all the tourists and cruisers, I am pretty certain you will have plenty of options to find them.

Edited by DaveOKC

• 3 weeks later...
I see that the Publix looks pretty close. Are there sidewalks along SE 10th Ave & SE 20th St so one can walk there?

Yes

come out the front door of hotel turn right ...cross the road & just cut through the parking garage by LA fitness takes you right to the mall

Edited by LHT28