Carnival Miami airport transfer

apey9995

We have always flown in the day before our cruise, but we are looking at a cruise where we would have to fly in the morning of. How does the Carnival airport transfer work? Do they have multiple pickups based on your flight arrival or do you have to wait for a certain time? Has anyone used this service before? Trying to decide if we would be better to purchase the transfer thru Carnival or just get a cab to the port.

They'll assign a meet& greet person for you once you sign up on line. I believe the latest they pick up is 2PM arrivals. So if you are on a direct flight that is getting into MIA reasonably early, you might consider this as but I think on a pp basis the taxi flat rate is cheaper. If you are changing planes or have a stop enroute, consider the taxi to be on the safe side, but be sure to tell them you want the flat rate not the metered rate. For return if you don't want to go Carnival transfer, you can still do luggage express and then take a taxi to MIA. Also earliest Carnival Transfer from port to MIA leaves around noon. Sharing a taxi with another couple might reduce costs further.

Haven't booked the flight yet (too far out), but we were planning on choosing an early flight to arrive before 10am if possible, just to cover us for delays, etc.

The carnival transfer from MIA to the port is 16 per person. Its two of us so it would probably come out about the same as a taxi I guess. Not sure which way would be better.

I would check in at the Carnival counter at the airport, then proceed to a taxi (with sign and sail card in hand) 15 minutes later you'll be at the port... With the shuttle, they wait for the entire bus to fill before leaving. Then, there may be a stop at another Carnival ship before the one you're on. I made this mistake the first time sailing out of Miami...

From what I have read about the Carnival transfers is that they just fill a bus and wait for others to arrive before taking off to the port. I personally, would go with a taxi myself. Once I reach my destination I am not about sitting and waiting, I just want to get to where I am supposed to be. I don't want to wait for a bus of people to fill up.

You can however do the airport check in while you are at the airport, get your sign and sail cards and then hop in a taxi and head to the port!

• 1 year later...

I use their shuttle all of the time. Never waited more than a half hour for the bus to come. It doesn't take long before there is enough to fill it. There is a check in counter for Carnival in the D and H concourse in baggage claim. We fly in the night before. One time flew in the day of the cruise but getting up at 3am to catch a flight left us too tired to do much that night so never again! Have a great cruise!