Celebrity Internet Package Cost Comparison - Select vs. Elite

dbritt40

My wife and I will be traveling on a Celebrity transatlantic cruise in April. I am Select and she is Elite. The Internet discount for Select is 25% off. For Elite, it is a free 90 minute package. Any idea which is the better deal for an unlimited package? I know that the free 90 minute package can be applied to the unlimited package, but am not sure of the value used in the reduction.

Thanks

David Britt

12 Dec 2015 Celebrity Reflection

30 Nov 2015 Celebrity Equinox

01 Mar 2015 Celebrity Millennium

09 Dec 2014 Celebrity Solstice

13 Jun 2014 Celebrity Solstice

22 Oct 2007 Celebrity Mercury

• 1 year later...

Both my husband and I are elite and I see we can get a 30% discount for the free 90 minutes, I was wondering if anyone knows if they still offer a discount if you sign up the day you board and can you get both of the discounts?

Edited by mbddisney

Both my husband and I are elite and I see we can get a 30% discount for the free 90 minutes, I was wondering if anyone knows if they still offer a discount if you sign up the day you board and can you get both of the discounts?

You can also get the discount applied before the cruise by calling the Captains Club. Last week the Captain's Club Rep applied the 30% discount and you will get the code with you Sea Pass card.

Usually Celebrity also offers a discounted unlimited package pre-cruise on their website. You can call Captain's Club and have the CC discount applied on top of this savings prior to cruise.

For my upcoming 15 cruise the normal internet unlimited cost 319.00. Under Cruise Planner the pre-paid price is 287.10. I called Captain's Club and they applied a 35% discount (Elite+) for a price of $186.55 as opposed to $207.35 if I waited to purchase on board.

Jim

To the OP.

You should also call the Captains Club and get your accounts linked so you will both be elite. Then for future cruises, you would each get 90 minutes. On a shorter cruise you may find that that is all you may need.

You should also call the Captains Club and get your accounts linked so you will both be elite. Then for future cruises, you would each get 90 minutes. On a shorter cruise you may find that that is all you may need.

But to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't work that way...

Members who have not yet attained Elite status--traveling in the same cabin as an Elite Captain's Club member--are provided with the opportunity to attend the social events [such as the morning continental breakfast and the evening cocktail hour] normally reserved for those who have Elite, Elite +, or Zenith status...

Other tier benefits which vary by membership tier--such as laundry and internet allowances--are not extended to travel partners until such time as they have earned them on their own account by virtue of their personal sailing history...

Members who have not yet attained Elite status--traveling in the same cabin as an Elite Captain's Club member--are provided with the opportunity to attend the social events [such as the morning continental breakfast and the evening cocktail hour] normally reserved for those who have Elite, Elite +, or Zenith status...

Other tier benefits which vary by membership tier--such as laundry and internet allowances--are not extended to travel partners until such time as they have earned them on their own account by virtue of their personal sailing history...

Not the case, if you have a travel partner they attain the same status, see the Captains Club Host on board they can change your status, I have friends who had this done.

We are just back from cruise on Solstice. The unlimited internet package was $299 for the 1 st device and 50% off a second one. We were select so got the 25% off as well. This was a 12 night cruise

That is what has happened on our last few cruises. You get whatever discount based on your Captains Club status off the first package and 50% off the second one.

That is what has happened on our last few cruises. You get whatever discount based on your Captains Club status off the first package and 50% off the second one.

50% off the full price or 50% off the discounted price?

This is the way I understand it to work as well. If not I'm going to offer to buy a Zenith member a cruise so I can get to Zenith now.

Not the case, if you have a travel partner they attain the same status, see the Captains Club Host on board they can change your status, I have friends who had this done.

But perhaps things have changed... That said, I'd call Captain's Club to confirm the current practice...

I do believe that if your travel partner is your spouse and you reside at the same address your Captain's Club level would be the same, in OP's case Elite. I have been on more Royal Caribbean cruises than my DH but he is the same level of C&A (and Captain's Club) that I am.

I would call CC and inquire about this. You should be the same level as your wife, and not just for this one cruise.

Edited by emilygrace

But perhaps things have changed... That said, I'd call Captain's Club to confirm the current practice...

No need to call, (unless there is a question about what qualifies as "travel partner"), you and your spouse get same status...not just for that cruise, but actual, real status.

If a Zenith marries a person that is anything less than zenith, that person will be zenith.

My wife is elite plus, but she doesn't have enough points to be that without my status. She would still be lowly elite.

The difference has to do with taking someone other than spouse on cruise...that person only gets the party/breakfast type benefits, not the others...like computer or discounts.

Usually Celebrity also offers a discounted unlimited package pre-cruise on their website. You can call Captain's Club and have the CC discount applied on top of this savings prior to cruise.

For my upcoming 15 cruise the normal internet unlimited cost 319.00. Under Cruise Planner the pre-paid price is 287.10. I called Captain's Club and they applied a 35% discount (Elite+) for a price of $186.55 as opposed to $207.35 if I waited to purchase on board.

Jim

Thanks for posting your experience, Jim. For our 15-night cruise in September 2017, the website price is $299 (I think). I couldn't find it on the =X= site, but that's the rate Cruise Critic is reporting here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=45

My reservation shows $224.10 as the price for an unlimited package, and if I apply the 35% Elite+ discount, the price becomes $145.67 or $9.71/night, which isn't too bad.

Betsy

I phoned Captain's Club and in a 15-minute call, a very sweet =X= rep said the total would be $161.85 because the 35% Elite+ discount is from the regular unlimited package price, not the $224.10 price shown in my reservation. She did check with a supervisor. She encouraged me to call back because "someone else may be able to do it". This is my story. YMMV.

Betsy

Could someone tell me what exactly is a 90 min internet package? I mean who do they time it? Is it like you log in, start the timer.. log out, stop the timer.. and you got 90 minutes total for the entire cruise? I got a cabin with our kid as the 3rd. We have unlimited internet and he got a 40 min package. I couldn't find any definition on celebrity site describing what the 40 min package does...

Could someone tell me what exactly is a 90 min internet package? I mean who do they time it? Is it like you log in, start the timer.. log out, stop the timer.. and you got 90 minutes total for the entire cruise? I got a cabin with our kid as the 3rd. We have unlimited internet and he got a 40 min package. I couldn't find any definition on celebrity site describing what the 40 min package does...

It is as you describe, log in, do what you want then log out. 40 minutes could disappear in a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elites can get 30 percent off other internet packages in lieu of free 90 minutes. You have to to go to the iLounge to get the promo code.

Did not know this - thanks so much for the info! We're elite for the first time on our upcoming cruise and have gotten the unlimited package in the past - felt like the 90 minute benefit was going to be a waste. Very happy to hear it is not :)

• 2 months later...