Intercontinental in Miami

djandnic

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami lately? I did a search on this forum but didn't find anything that wasn't several years old.

We got a good price, for Miami standards, and the reviews I read seemed overall very good.

It seems like it's in a good location for restaurants and stores. I also saw a reference to Bayside Market (?), not sure what that is, but might be another area to explore.

Based on the pictures I've seen, it appears to be very, very close to the port as well.

Any and all information is appreciated!

IC is a great hotel, very popular on this board, and offers some rooms with a view of the port -- a great view to start your cruise day! :)

You are within walking distance of Bayside -- touristy to me with lots of chain dining options, but many like it. http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/en.html

Has anyone stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami lately? I did a search on this forum but didn't find anything that wasn't several years old.

We got a good price, for Miami standards, and the reviews I read seemed overall very good.

It seems like it's in a good location for restaurants and stores. I also saw a reference to Bayside Market (?), not sure what that is, but might be another area to explore.

Based on the pictures I've seen, it appears to be very, very close to the port as well.

Book the Club Floor;)

Your reference is "Bayside Marketplace" which is a local outdoor mall. You'll find some chain restaurants, a starbucks, (there's one in the hotel lobby as well) and also plenty of shops for stuff you may need. I remember last year we went over there for a quick lunch. We got to the hotel (holiday inn) early and couldn't check in until 4pm so we got lunch at a cuban sandwich place. We also went over in the evening just to go shopping and walk around and just kill some time browsing.

I will be staying at the IC next weekend, is there anything specific you have questions about?

Your reference is "Bayside Marketplace" which is a local outdoor mall. You'll find some chain restaurants, a starbucks, (there's one in the hotel lobby as well) and also plenty of shops for stuff you may need. I remember last year we went over there for a quick lunch. We got to the hotel (holiday inn) early and couldn't check in until 4pm so we got lunch at a cuban sandwich place. We also went over in the evening just to go shopping and walk around and just kill some time browsing.

I will be staying at the IC next weekend, is there anything specific you have questions about?

We will be there Saturday night as well before our cruise. Any local restaurants in the area that you would recommend. Seafood or Cuban perhaps.

Nothing specific about the hotel, thanks for asking, but if you find or have any recommendations for a good evening meal, I would appreciate hearing that. Thanks again!