No more balloon twister or face painter on Allure/Oasis

kaykels

After April there will be no more free balloon twisters or face painters on the boardwalk and kids clubs on Allure/Oasis. More budget cuts. This is so disappointing that they took away these free activities.

Where did you hear this? We're travelling mid April so that means we'll still have it? I've noted it from a recent cruise compass and know it's something my younger one would find fun .

LuCruise, April 10 you should be fine.... shoot me a message jhuber921@aol dot com if needed

Otherwise.... have an awesome trip !

Very very disappointing! My daughter loved it last year and is looking forward to it at the end of the month. She cried when I wouldn't take her balloon animal home. This cut just makes no sense. More cuts and the fares are going up and up.

Please let us know where you saw this.

I have a friend that twists balloons on the ships sometimes and works for the booking agent in charge. They sent a letter explaining due to budget cuts there will be no more need for balloon twisters or face painters after April 2016.

It's a shame because these special little extras are exactly what my family loves about RCCL. Not much is free anymore so I am really sad to see something so popular with the kids is going to be a thing of the past. Prices go up and more and more gets cut.

I hope they change their minds and bring it back ! It may not seem like a big deal to the higher ups at RCCL but it was very appreciated by the families with kids, especially at sea days. My niece loved going to dinner with her face painted on a fairy mask and my nephews loved their balloon hats.

I have a friend that twists balloons on the ships sometimes and works for the booking agent in charge. They sent a letter explaining due to budget cuts there will be no more need for balloon twisters or face painters after April 2016.

It's a shame because these special little extras are exactly what my family loves about RCCL. Not much is free anymore so I am really sad to see something so popular with the kids is going to be a thing of the past. Prices go up and more and more gets cut.

I hope they change their minds and bring it back ! It may not seem like a big deal to the higher ups at RCCL but it was very appreciated by the families with kids, especially at sea days. My niece loved going to dinner with her face painted on a fairy mask and my nephews loved their balloon hats.

Lets hope that they have on board staff that they can use instead. I know that some of the Adventure Ocean staff has done face painting in the past, maybe they are going that route instead to save money.

Very very disappointing! My daughter loved it last year and is looking forward to it at the end of the month. She cried when I wouldn't take her balloon animal home. This cut just makes no sense. More cuts and the fares are going up and up.

But now she won't cry since she won't have to leave it. Senior Frogs still does them

And because a sometimes worker got a letter you are going to report its being done away with? Sounds like maybe a part time job is out. How do you know what rci is going to do? Everyone is on contract, maybe rci found a cheaper vender to provide the service or maybe the service will be enhanced by crew.

Edited by setsail

Even if the staff does it, it won't be the same quality. I have some BEAUTIFUL pictures of professional work from my last 3 cruises. I just hope they change their minds

Edited by kaykels
Double post

And because a sometimes worker got a letter you are going to report its being done away with? Sounds like maybe a part time job is out. How do you know what rci is going to do? Everyone is on contract, maybe rci found a cheaper vender to provide the service or maybe the service will be enhanced by crew.

I wish that was the case. She heard from RCCL directly. Specialty entertainment doesn't work the same way as contracted ship employees.

I wish that was the case. She heard from RCCL directly. Specialty entertainment doesn't work the same way as contracted ship employees.

So you don't have any concrete evidence that it's being done away with , only a position for one person who is a sometimes worker

I also twist for the Oasis and Allure, it is not just one person that got the letter but all balloon twisters and face painters. The last of the cruises will be done in March, Any that overlap into April will be considered "March" cruses and no cruise leaving in April will have the balloons or face-painting. At least thru this agent. As far as it being "FREE" please remember that nothing is FREE, someone somewhere pays for it. In this case RC gave up a room, a potential loss of cabin sale, they have food costs, and I do not know what the agency charges for the service, the agency certainly is not doing it for FREE. I pay the agency a small amount to cover port taxes and admin but it would not sustain a business.

My last cruise will be on the Oasis Feb 6-13 of this year, stop by and say hi if you will be on it.

Jeff

I also twist for the Oasis and Allure, it is not just one person that got the letter but all balloon twisters and face painters. The last of the cruises will be done in March, Any that overlap into April will be considered "March" cruses and no cruise leaving in April will have the balloons or face-painting. At least thru this agent. ...

My last cruise will be on the Oasis Feb 6-13 of this year, stop by and say hi if you will be on it.

Jeff

If I understand your comment correctly, the last cruise with balloons and face painting will be Mar 26th / 27th then? So cruises April 2nd/3rd and onwards will not have them either. Bummer :(

If I understand your comment correctly, the last cruise with balloons and face painting will be Mar 26th / 27th then? So cruises April 2nd/3rd and onwards will not have them either. Bummer :(

I went back an reread my letter and it said starting April 1 so I would imagine that means if you are on a cruise they will not kick the twister off but finish it out. I am sorry to hear you will not have one (at least thru this agency)

Jeff