How to Best Split up Six People

stickey_mouse

The following is a hypothetical (but not far off from reality).

For 6 people to cruise to Alaska, we have the following options:

2 people in 3 Veranda Staterooms ($1,200 per person)

2 people in 3 Signature Suites ($1,420 per person)

3 people in 2 Signature Suites ($1,000 per person)

3 people in 2 Neptune Suites ($1,390 per person)

Which would you choose?

I would go with an option that includes 3 cabins. But there are a lot of factors here, including are there kids too young to have their own cabin? How tall/large is the third person who will get the sofa bed? If any of the group are teen girls, definitely go for 3 cabins--that third cabin adds a third bathroom.

I would go with an option that includes 3 cabins. But there are a lot of factors here, including are there kids too young to have their own cabin? How tall/large is the third person who will get the sofa bed? If any of the group are teen girls, definitely go for 3 cabins--that third cabin adds a third bathroom.

ditto. But I like my privacy. If there are children involved, that could be a different story.

No children, all medium-sized adults. Perhaps 3 cabins is the way to go... I just wonder if the suite perks are enough to tip the scales to putting 3 in a room?

I think it depends on the relationship of the adults. If it's 3 couples I would want 3 separate accommodations. If it's 2 couples and maybe a brother or sister on mother, maybe I could tolerate another person in the room. Perhaps you could get input from the rest of your group?

Edited by Viv0828

I think it depends on the relationship of the adults. If it's 3 couples I would want 3 separate accommodations. If it's 2 couples and maybe a brother or sister on mother, maybe I could tolerate another person in the room. Perhaps you could get input from the rest of your group?

Haha.. fair point. I should have prefaced my question by saying that there are no relationship issues with either arrangement-- putting 3 to a room would not create any awkward moments.

I would still go for three rooms, just for the extra bathroom. My last cruise was a cruise which was in Code Red almost the whole time and the first in which I got sick. I later infected my DM with whom I was sharing a room. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen on your cruise, or any other, but strongly suggest you go for the extra cabin/bathroom. You may be very glad you did.

Consider 1 Neptune Suite and 2 insides across the hall. You get 3 bathrooms and one large room to gather in, big balcony. Might save a bundle.

Good idea.

Is tight budget an issue or are you all willing to spend a bit more?

The following is a hypothetical (but not far off from reality).

Which would you choose?

2 Neptunes, 3 people each. The amenities will come in handy and give you a little more room to stretch out via the Neptune Lounge. Pricing is all so similar it only makes sense

Note, the pullout bed for the Neptune Suites may sleep two. But, my god does it hurt. I am not a small person, and the slats come out more than you expect. When it is just my DD, who is a stick thin teenager, if she plops down with force even she can pop the slats out of position.

Which would you choose?

No children, all medium-sized adults. Perhaps 3 cabins is the way to go... I just wonder if the suite perks are enough to tip the scales to putting 3 in a room?

The 2 in 3 Signature Suites option gives you gives you all bigger rooms and three bigger bathrooms for about $60 per day per person more (assuming a one-week cruise) than the verandas. A Sig Suite is 1 and a half veranda cabins (in size).

The 3 in 2 option: There is enough room in a Sig Suite for three but the one bathroom may be an issue for three. Suite bathrooms are still larger than a veranda bathroom.

The 3 in 2 Neptune option (Neptunes are twice the size of a veranda cabin) would give you two huge rooms but still just two bathrooms for about the same money as the 3 Sig Suites and somebody sleeps on the sofa. However, you would all get free laundry, breakfast at the Pinnacle, and other perks.

As I like my privacy, I would opt for the 3 Signature Suites. (We much prefer the Signature Suites over the veranda cabins.) If you book well, you can get three in a row and have your balcony doors opened and share a very large balcony indeed. And viewing Alaska is best done from the balcony (IMO).

Also, none of you would feel slighted or short-changed in your accommodations. Nobody has to "take the sofa" or make do with an inside cabin while others lead the suite life.

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Consider 1 Neptune Suite and 2 insides across the hall. You get 3 bathrooms and one large room to gather in, big balcony. Might save a bundle.

This makes a lot of sense space and cost wise. Assuming there are no jealousies concerning who gets to use the Neptune Lounge.

My vote would be 3 people in a Neptune Suite since there are no relationship issues with any of the choices.

Like it has been mentioned, you all get unlimited laundry included, the use of the Neptune lounge (so if someone is getting on your nerves you can go chill out there for awhile!!), Pinnacle for breakfast, priority boarding and more.

We have had 4 people in a Neptune suite twice and it was an issue one time because of the uncomfortable pull-out couch with the slats. For one person sleeping on it they said it would have been ok but not with two.

Good luck on your decision! Let us know :)

Only those staying in the Neptune will get the benefits (which are great) ascribed to the Suite. You didn't mention whether you were all singles or if couples are involved. Three in a Neptune would be my pick of your multiple choice problem. You can rotate usage of the pull out.

Wondering if there are big age differences. Older folks tend to wish more privacy for middle of the night bathroom trips etc. Youngers may stay out later and wake roomieswhen coming home. Think it is time for the op to ask the others involved. Perhaps some would prefer money for excursions rather than breakfast in a special room? Happy travels however you do it! M

Bad boy me's first instinct was: "spread lies about all of them. "

I do apologize, some thread titles just take my mind in the wrong direction! :eek::D

I too had that exact reaction to the thread title. Sick me!!:p