Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port Mystery.

cruisinhawks

I just booked the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port in Fort Lauderdale for a pre cruise stay in March last night. And now today when I go to the Choice Hotels Website they no longer list that Hotel. I did see somewhere in the forum that Sheraton was taking it over but I cant find it anywhere on the Sheraton site either. Hopefully my reservation is still in someones system. It is pre-paid.

Edited by cruisinhawks

I just booked the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port in Fort Lauderdale for a pre cruise stay in March last night. And now today when I go to the Choice Hotels Website they no longer list that Hotel. I did see somewhere in the forum that Sheraton was taking it over but I cant find it anywhere on the Sheraton site either. Hopefully my reservation is still in someones system. It is pre-paid.

Call the hotel directly.

Yes I'm referring to the one on S. Federal Hwy. It stills shows on most travel booking sites just no longer on the choice hotels list of hotels.

If you put your reservation number on the choice site does your booking show up??

I would call them to make sure you have a room

Usually when there is a takeover they will honor the booking made already

They dropped their affiliation with Choice Hotels in December and are going to join Four Points by Sheraton this summer. Until then they are known as the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Inn. Contact info should still be the same. They can be found at http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/comfort-suites-airport-cruise-port.html as their former website no longer is working.

They dropped their affiliation with Choice Hotels in December and are going to join Four Points by Sheraton this summer. Until then they are known as the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Inn. Contact info should still be the same. They can be found at http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/comfort-suites-airport-cruise-port.html as their former website no longer is working.

Yup, I have a reservation with this hotel for Apr. which I booked through an outside booking agency.I was concerned that maybe with the change, my reservation would not be honored. I called them and spoke with Ellen Serra, Sales Mgr. and she assured me all is well.

It is bit freaky though since if you search on Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise on google maps it lists it and says "CLOSED".

But...if you zoom in more, you'll see "Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port inn" listed as the same building.

Edited by LuCruise

I noticed today that "Comfort Suites" is now gone from Expedia too. It is found under "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel" and it's strangely saying it's all sold out (for mid April). Not sure if that is true or if they are not selling while in transition? Makes me a bit nervous but I assume all is good?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed here lately? I'm also getting worried.

I was just gathering my things together for our upcoming cruise next month and I know there was a name change with this place to "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port Inn" but I can't seem to locate their website now. I can't even find where I actually BOOKED the room at. I know I paid in full but can't find any of my information.

I guess I'm getting kind of nervous because I have read reviews with people saying they booked with a 3rd party, like Expedia, and when they arrived there was no record of a booking and they had no rooms. :rolleyes: What worries me is that I paid for my room and now that room is double the amount. I really hope I don't get there and they have conveniently lost my reservation and have "no rooms" left because they are at a higher price now. :cool:

I'm just looking for some confirmation that others have still used this place with no issues lately.

Also, if anyone has a website for this place, please let me know.

According to the print out from my email, the http address just comes up with something called thebookingbutton :confused: but when I type in the entire address it gives me, it says invalid. Who the heck did I book with? Ugh!

Has anyone stayed here lately? I'm also getting worried.

I was just gathering my things together for our upcoming cruise next month and I know there was a name change with this place to "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port Inn" but I can't seem to locate their website now. I can't even find where I actually BOOKED the room at. I know I paid in full but can't find any of my information.

I guess I'm getting kind of nervous because I have read reviews with people saying they booked with a 3rd party, like Expedia, and when they arrived there was no record of a booking and they had no rooms. :rolleyes: What worries me is that I paid for my room and now that room is double the amount. I really hope I don't get there and they have conveniently lost my reservation and have "no rooms" left because they are at a higher price now. :cool:

I'm just looking for some confirmation that others have still used this place with no issues lately.

Also, if anyone has a website for this place, please let me know.

According to the print out from my email, the http address just comes up with something called thebookingbutton :confused: but when I type in the entire address it gives me, it says invalid. Who the heck did I book with? Ugh!

Here's their new website. I would give them a call

http://fortlauderdaleportinn.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Just want to "bump" this thread open again. I'm (hopefully!) booked here for April, and just wondering if anyone has stayed here just lately, and any information / comments to add? Thanks.

We're booked with them in April too. Did you book directly or with a third party? We booked through Expedia.

I noticed today that "Comfort Suites" is now gone from Expedia too. It is found under "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel" and it's strangely saying it's all sold out (for mid April). Not sure if that is true or if they are not selling while in transition? Makes me a bit nervous but I assume all is good?

The Tortuga Music Festival is mid April. It is probably sold out.

• 1 month later...
The Hotel was nice. Clean and beds were comfortable. The "hot" continental breakfast was good. There are at least 15 places to eat within walking distance. We ate at the Outback Steakhouse 2 blocks away.

Good to hear. How was the airport shuttle? Did you have to wait too long?

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We stayed there pre cruise Februaray 15 and had no issues. This was out 4th stay at that Hotel. We were booked with Choice Hotels prior to the buy out and as soon as I found out I CALLED and was told yes, they had my reservation and all was well. They have plans to do a lot of remodeling in the future which should be a big improvement on lobby/breakfast area. We like this hotel because of the proximity to the port and to our favorite Ft. Lauderdale restaurant, 15th Street Fisheries.

The shuttle was poorly marked in February so some waiting guests were having a hard time waving it down.

It was the identical BIG YELLOW shuttle when we were there in February. Same as it has been for years.

Edited by Snit13
posted to wrong thread