Port Wine?

deladane

I tried searching the forum before asking this question, but the results were for every other definition of "port" lol

Does anyone know if they serve port wine on the Equinox? I don't remember seeing it on any of the drinks menus, but I'm hoping I missed it somewhere...

I suppose if the OP had asked "do they serve scotch", you'd suggest that "no, they only serve irish and germans".

The OP asked a reasonable question.....they deserve a reasonable answer...which they got.

I suppose if the OP had asked "do they serve scotch", you'd suggest that "no, they only serve irish and germans".

The OP asked a reasonable question.....they deserve a reasonable answer...which they got.

You must be a blast at parties...

They had port on the equinox in mid december....I think it's pretty commonly carried on ships.

Yay! Thanks for the info :) Has anyone seen it listed on one of the bar menus so we can see what they offer?

No need to worry, no offense was taken! I have a good sense of humor :D

I tried searching the forum before asking this question, but the results were for every other definition of "port" lol

Does anyone know if they serve port wine on the Equinox? I don't remember seeing it on any of the drinks menus, but I'm hoping I missed it somewhere...

Follow this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2266065

Than look on MDR wine list its on there

I had a really nice vintage Taylor's port both in Murano's and Michael's Club. I seem to remember in Murano's it was just slightly over the premium package price. If these two locations have it am sure the other major bars will. They will probably stock the non vintage too.

I asked for it and got it in Blu (with cheese, of course, after the desserts), in 2014. The waiters seemed not to be familiar with the tradition! ;-)

It was included in the Classic bev package.

Stuart

Yes, they do indeed serve port wine. It may not be available in every bar or dining venue but they do have it at least in the specialty restaurants. I don't particularly like Port so I can't tell if the port they offer is a good one or a great one.

:D:D[

They do have Taylor Fladgate Tawney Port, both a 10 yr and 20 yr, I think $8 and $14.50, as well as Fonseca 10 year. We got introduced to these in Murano with the cheese course. My wife likes the Tawney and I liked the Fonseca, very different so if you don't like one try the other. We were on the Eclipse over New Years and they were available in the MDR but you had to ask for them. Hope this helps.

Fantastic! Thanks everyone!! We live in the Bay Area and go wine tasting all the time... my fiance loves port, and we have found a few that I like, but we're always looking for more options that we both like. We are treating this cruise like an 11 day wine tasting event thanks to the beverage package haha Can't wait to try a few new ports, and a ton of new wines!

Fantastic! Thanks everyone!! We live in the Bay Area and go wine tasting all the time... my fiance loves port, and we have found a few that I like, but we're always looking for more options that we both like. We are treating this cruise like an 11 day wine tasting event thanks to the beverage package haha Can't wait to try a few new ports, and a ton of new wines!

If you ever find yourself in Porto, Portugal, try white port which isn't exported. It's really wonderful and not expensive.

If you have the beverage package you should upgrade to the Premium package as then you would only pay the difference on the 20 yr old Fladgate, not the full price.

If you ever find yourself in Porto, Portugal, try white port which isn't exported. It's really wonderful and not expensive.

OMG that sounds wonderful! Guess that gives me an excuse to book a Western Med cruise one day ;)

If you have the beverage package you should upgrade to the Premium package as then you would only pay the difference on the 20 yr old Fladgate, not the full price.

We do plan to upgrade at some point, so maybe we'll save the 20 years until then!

OMG that sounds wonderful! Guess that gives me an excuse to book a Western Med cruise one day ;)

We do plan to upgrade at some point, so maybe we'll save the 20 years until then!

White Port ...we get it in the UK...lovely stuff.