On eclipse now

bitob

We are regular Oceania cruisers but this is our fifth celebrity cruise -- the first in three years. we are in a sky suite (for the price of an inside on Oceania ). We sail in suites on Oceania

My take

Suite service is outstanding. Our butler is a marvel. As good or better than Oceania

Elite perks very useful

Service and food in luminae very good, especially the service. They will get you anything.

Buffet is awful. We won't be eating there

Dress. Ugh. Torn jeans abound.

I don't understand the complaints I have read. Celebrity is a decent cruise line. Great value for the money.

Great to hear the sky is not falling! We will be getting on the Eclipse on Jan.24th for a month and we were wondering if the ship had gone downhill in the last year.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are regular Oceania cruisers but this is our fifth celebrity cruise -- the first in three years. we are in a sky suite (for the price of an inside on Oceania ). We sail in suites on Oceania

My take

Suite service is outstanding. Our butler is a marvel. As good or better than Oceania

Elite perks very useful

Service and food in luminae very good, especially the service. They will get you anything.

I don't understand the complaints I have read. Celebrity is a decent cruise line. Great value for the money.

Have to agree. Just got off the New Year Cruise on Eclipse and had a very good time. Service in our Celebrity Suite was beyond excellent. Agree about dress..... Saw lots of men in speedos eating in buffet.. Grossed us out, did not want to sit on the chairs.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Evening chic tonight

People look good. Lots is sport jackets, some ties and tommy Bahama shirt or polos. Women dressed up. Personally this look is a whole lot better than what I used to see on celebrity - thirty year old ill fitting tuxes and old mother of the bride gowns. Lol This new approach is way better

Edited by bitob

Evening chic tonight

People look good. Lots is sport jackets, some ties and tommy Bahama shirt or polos. Women dressed up. Personally this look is a whole lot better than what I used to see on celebrity - thirty year old ill fitting tuxes and old mother of the bride gowns. Lol This new approach is way better

Going on Eclipse in March for 15 days. So glad I don't have to pack separate shoes, dresses and things that entails and DH very pleased not to have to pack a suit, dress shirt, tie and dress shoes. Those extra pounds in a suitcase can make a difference especially coming home with more "stuff"...I would NEVER wear cut-offs, blue jeans or tee shirts to MDR but I will wear black dress jeans, a lacy top and black ballet flats. We don't eat at the buffet since I got food poisoning on another line, but just looking at the people with their plates piled so high with food they could barely carry them turns me off. We like dinner in the MDR and b-fst in the little spa cafe that serves healthy food and is never crowded....lunch we try to eat in port or in the sandwich shop, which is amazing..9 weeks to go.....I'm getting psyched!!!

Going on the 3rd October sailing. really looking forward to it. I for one will be taking my Tux. call me old fashioned but I do love the dress up nights. Just think its a shame that so many people think Formal Night or Chic Night is an invitation to wear jeans and a t-shirt or shorts.......

Going on the 3rd October sailing. really looking forward to it. I for one will be taking my Tux. call me old fashioned but I do love the dress up nights. Just think its a shame that so many people think Formal Night or Chic Night is an invitation to wear jeans and a t-shirt or shorts.......

I agree with you Gary...and if you enjoy wearing your tux you should not be made to feel uncomfortable in it, nor should I be made to feel uncomfortable because formal wear makes me break out in hives! :D (not that you implied that) but I do agree that non-dress (and you really do have to make that distinction these days) jeans, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops should not be allowed in the MDR at dinner on any night.

My take

Elite perks very useful

Now THAT'S what I talking about. Thank you! I don't understand the complaints either, never in my cruising experience have I had a bad experience with Celebrity. From our suite experiences, on down to even an inside cabin, service and food has always been very good. Agree about the buffet for the most part.

And this new evening chic dress thing is what I was afraid of. The jeans and t-shirts taking hold as the new trend. I shudder about this and if I wanted this I would cruise freestyle (NCL)

As a luxury passenger yourself, thank you for sharing. This outta count for something positive for a change!

Please, Gary, yes bring your tux!! So will my DH be doing the same. And I will be wearing my long dresses and cocktail dresses with my bling. And I have read on my roll call on our next cruise in March on the Equinox, that many others will also keep with the formal dress. We love leaving our business and sweats attire at home, and going on "dates" each evening.

Each to his own. (except hopefully for the jeans and flip flops)

RuthK, looking forward to meeting you on the 24th. We'll also be on the ship for 28 days. Glad to read the OP's statement. But, I would hope that people in charge would talk with the people with holey jeans.

Hi Judy, it will be nice to be back on board. We do this sailing every year, for a month. Were you with us last year - I tend to think you were. I take my mom on this cruise (soon to be 90), and you will find her doing lengths in the solarium pool around 11am every day for an hour.

Before dinner we are at the Martini Bar.

We had our first snowfall today and are now ready for the south!

Please introduce yourself to us when you see us around.

Ruth.

Evening chic tonight

The same people who would mess up formal nights with 30 year old tuxes will be wearing 30 year old coveralls and jeans thinking they are now chic and not bothering with the wedding thing.. Bad taste in clothing is not confined to formal, chic, or casual. Some will look awful no matter what is in style.