Australian Visa

ILOVESHIPS

I am going to Australia in April for a transpacific cruise on the Explorer of the Sea.

Looking into getting my visa. Has anyone used the internet ETA visa

There are different prices. 9.95 39.95 59.95

Has anyone got the 9.95 visa

As 6rugrats has said, only use the official site. While other sites may give you a visa, you may end up paying a lot more and you run the risk of them never actually issuing the visa.

Price is fixed at $20AUD, so be extremely cautious when you're quoted any other price

Thanks for the info.

I still see the easy eta for 9.95 and some have used it.

Personally I wouldn't touch it.

Thats about $15 Aus, how can they sell it $5 less than the Govt charge, that's the question is it not?

ETA is actually free:

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

The fee that you are charged is set by the owners of the service that you use to submit your application. The official government site charges $20, other sites like EasyETA set their own prices.

I'd be interested to see if anyone can show an example of a case where EasyETA hasn't worked.

ETA is actually free:

The fee that you are charged is set by the owners of the service that you use to submit your application. The official government site charges $20, other sites like EasyETA set their own prices.

I'd be interested to see if anyone can show an example of a case where EasyETA hasn't worked.

Fine go ahead and use it then.

If you got a bill off the govt for $1000 and an online agency said they'd fix it for $500 would you take the risk?

ETA is actually free:

I haven't heard of EasyEta, but I can tell you on the flights I oversee at work, we have about 2-3 people a week who filled in everything, paid a 3rd party and never got the approval to travel.

I just don't see why people would use a 3rd party, pay a higher fee for something they can do the official way.

Because in both cases, you need to give your passport and personal information, so the argument of paying a little extra for the service is invalid imo.

Yes, there are perfectly valid companies that handle the requests just fine. But if they make 1 little error in the name and this has to be corrected, rest assured that whenever we call Australian Immigration, they refuse to correct it and that person has to apply for a brand new ETA. When you fill in the application through the official website, the Immigration Supervisor on the other end of the line is more likely to allow a change instead of a new ETA.

But, yes, there have been many cases 3rd party sites or agencies have screwed up or simply "forgot" to apply. But, as we say in Belgium, it's your money, your call.

Go ahead and use the Visa Service if you want.

Knock yourself out and save that whopping $5 on your trip to Australia.

Really, why sweat the small stuff and take a chance. Isn't it just as simple to use the Gov't site and get it done. Surely your time wasted considering the option of whether to use the private site is with more than $5.

Thanks for the info.

I still see the easy eta for 9.95 and some have used it.

We have used easyeta.com several times with no problem what so ever. Always got our visa approval well within the 24 hours time frame promised and had no issues when entering Australia multiple times with each.

We did this when the $AUS was close to par with or worth more than the $US so the saving was greater then. Today being the $AUS is valued at around $0.69US there is less savings as easyeta is US based thus the $9.95 is in USD.

In fact if one is concerned once you have your visa approval email confirmation from easyeta you can use the provider's link on the government site to confirm that your visa is valid. Enter your information there and it will advise you if you have a current valid Australian ETA and its expiry date. That site will then ask if you still want to proceed with your application if you already have a valid visa. ;)

Yes, use only the government site:

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

I don't know where you are seeing these expensive visas. It should be 20 AUD.

Yes you are right.

I have gotten Australia ETA Visas four times in the past few years. This is the site we use and it was recommended by our cruise line and also the Visa Agency we use to get traditional visas.

Keith

Yes you are right.

I have gotten Australia ETA Visas four times in the past few years. This is the site we use and it was recommended by our cruise line and also the Visa Agency we use to get traditional visas.

Keith

But some would rather try and save US$3 or 4 and take the risk.

Personally I wouldn't touch it.

Thats about $15 Aus, how can they sell it $5 less than the Govt charge, that's the question is it not?

Fine go ahead and use it then.

If you got a bill off the govt for $1000 and an online agency said they'd fix it for $500 would you take the risk?

And the difference is about US$3 at the moment.

AUS$20 about US$13or14

But some would rather try and save US$3 or 4 and take the risk.

You got your opinion across with your first few posts and are not answering the OP question with your babbling on.

The Australian ETA application service provider inked to on the Australian government ETA web page is iVisa Sevices of North Sydney and they are the company who does the application information entry into the government system. Its also that company who bill your credit card as shown in the screen shot below. Its not the Australian government who are doing the application entry and as pointed out in the post above they just process the application which is a free service. IVisa Sevices likely pay a fee to the Australian government to have this link to their website.

EasyETA is another valid provider for an Australian ETA application service who have provided this service for many years. I doubt they would be allowed access to the Australian computers if they were not a valid provider.

Like I mentioned above we, who have family in Perth, WA, have used their ETA service multiple times over the years with no problems what so ever.

attachment.php?attachmentid=374034&d=1453223116

AusETA.jpg.2ca50cc2258f1d73a9515257319f55d2.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

You got your opinion across with your first few posts and are not answering the OP question with your babbling on.

The Australian ETA application service provider inked to on the Australian government ETA web page is iVisa Sevices of North Sydney and they are the company who does the application information entry into the government system. Its also that company who bill your credit card as shown in the screen shot below. Its not the Australian government who are doing the application entry and as pointed out in the post above they just process the application which is a free service. IVisa Sevices likely pay a fee to the Australian government to have this link to their website.

EasyETA is another valid provider for an Australian ETA application service who have provided this service for many years. I doubt they would be allowed access to the Australian computers if they were not a valid provider.

Like I mentioned above we, who have family in Perth, WA, have used their ETA service multiple times over the years with no problems what so ever.

attachment.php?attachmentid=374034&d=1453223116

And if you can't afford US5 you probably can't afford to visit Australia, but hey if you want to take the risk go for it.

And if you can't afford US5 you probably can't afford to visit Australia, but hey if you want to take the risk go for it.

Since we have used easyata.com multiple times in the past with very good results I think I will chance it and use them again to apply for any future Aussie ETAs even if the savings is less now. The first time we used it saved four of us around $45US and we got billed on our credit card in our preferred currency so there wasn't any exchange rate and credit card conversion fees involved.

I guess I shouldn't have used the Travel Agency that gave us an extra $230US OBC on our last cruise on Anthem since it would have been less risky to book directly with RCI. :rolleyes:

You are correct about Oz being expensive. We still talk about the $18AUS glass of orange juice on the breakfast menu the first morning we were in Sydney, NSW three years ago when the $AUS was worth more than the $US. :eek:

I would be more concerned with iVisa Services, the service provider linked to on the Australian ETA website as on one site I looked at there was an 74% distrust rating because of multiple unauthorized credit card billing. It also shows the North Sydney location is a branch office and their main headquarter is in Los Angeles, CA, USA??? ;)

See http://www.vcharges.com/ivisa-services-north-sydney-ec

Being that you come from a land down under, I assume you are Aussie so why all the concern about an Aussie ETA as you don't need to have one to enter your home country. :confused:

Edited by robtulipe