Question about Pool Area / Views on Eclipse

runswithdogs

Hello! I'm leaving in just 3 weeks for my 2nd-ever cruise.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are views of the ocean from the pool deck areas on the Eclipse. Are the railings solid or transparent around here?

Are there plenty of lounge chairs for those who want them? Are there other lounge chair areas in other parts of the ship, if these are full? Are pool floats allowed?

Thanks!

Climb the stairs to the deck above the pool deck, you will find more available loungers there, some even next to the railings. The deck is also 'open' for sunbathing.

The pool deck railings are covered with glass and the deck above provides shade.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are views of the ocean from the pool deck areas on the Eclipse. Are the railings solid or transparent around here?

Are there plenty of lounge chairs for those who want them? Are there other lounge chair areas in other parts of the ship, if these are full? Are pool floats allowed?

Thanks!

If you would like, come join our roll call for the February 7 cruise.

George

Is the space in the middle with the X truly "open"?

As an architect, I see a missed opportunity for more lounge chairs!

That area has a working fountain coming out of the floor on the Eclipse. Kids love to play in it (and adults). It is also used for dancing and zumba (and the fountain is shut off).

Thanks!

Hey Sara and Jeff!

Coincidentally we also leave in 3 weeks for our cruise! ;)

Check out my avatar picture - it's on the deck that upwarduk described (that blue in the background is ocean) - our favorite place to spend the day! :D

There are lounge chairs all over the upper decks in the sun.

Don't know about floats allowed in the pools (I've never tried) but they're GREAT for the beach!

Edited by chamima

Climb the stairs to the deck above the pool deck, you will find more available loungers there, some even next to the railings. The deck is also 'open' for sunbathing.

The pool deck railings are covered with glass and the deck above provides shade.

I agree I prefer that deck over the pool deck. I never have a problem getting a lounger, less crowding and the views are way better. I like being able to turn my lounger to either look at the ocean going by or face my lounger the other way. As far as I'm concerned everyone else can have the crowed pool deck and chair hogs.