New york to bermuda

We've done that trip many times. There is no way of telling what the seas will be like. They can be very rough one day and like a lake the next. Take your meds with you just in case. The Captain will do his best to keep you out of the rough seas.

We've done that trip many times. There is no way of telling what the seas will be like. They can be very rough one day and like a lake the next. Take your meds with you just in case. The Captain will do his best to keep you out of the rough seas.

While we're in the RC forum, the captain just told us the Anthem is the most stable ship he has sailed on, and that's with over 30 years of experience.

Totally unpredictable seas for the entire Bermuda cruising season

You are crossing the Gulf Stream both ways , which can give the ship unusual movement.

As stated , can be like glass , mild or heavy seas.

I'f you are prone to motion sickness ,just be prepared with you favorite medications and perhaps not to have to use them at all .

Cruised that route many times . Worse was in May years ago , 35' seas going over and glass on the way back.

Bermuda is worth the trip especially if you are docked for several days.

Edited by MCC retired

It does vary greatly. Some June cruises to Bermuda on the Explorer, we had the usual 8 to 9 foot swells. One trip, in a gale, we had 27 to 35 foot waves. Our last June trip to Bermuda, we had 7 foot swells going there, but coming back was eeriely smooth. You could see the clouds reflecting off of the glass like surface. Even the captain mentioned how unusual that was for crossing the Gulf stream.

Eric

It can be rough but I would not worry if I was on the RCCL mega ship, we had rough seas on last trip but we were on a Hal ship about 1/4 the size of the big ones, talked to someone in Bermuda who did same crossing at same time on a bigger ship and they were ok.

It can be rough but I would not worry if I was on the RCCL mega ship, we had rough seas on last trip but we were on a Hal ship about 1/4 the size of the big ones, talked to someone in Bermuda who did same crossing at same time on a bigger ship and they were ok.

That has nothing to to with it. It will help that the ship is large, but only so much. Those ships can bounce around just as the small ones. Ask anyone who has been in rough weather. You'll get a different answer every time

That has nothing to to with it. It will help that the ship is large, but only so much. Those ships can bounce around just as the small ones. Ask anyone who has been in rough weather. You'll get a different answer every time

I have been on 58 cruises many in rough weather, saying a 40,000 ton ship will be same as a 200,000 ton ship does not make sense.

We did this on Explorer a couple of years ago. First day out and last day back were pretty bad. Outdoor decks closed. Even though it was just one data point, and as others have said I'm sure that we equally could have had calm seas, it was bad enough that DW swore we would never sail out of Port Liberty again.