New Labadee Cabana pricing

BillOh

I should have saved this for April 1st, but I just got an email from Royal and saw this.

outofcontext.jpg

Yes, after the initial shock, you realized I didn't cut the entire part of this ad.

:D

I've been studying Marketing a little bit and while there was nothing wrong with this particular ad, I just had some fun with it.

Edited by BillOh

Honestly, that just shows how absurd the cabana prices already are. $500 for a cabana is about 60% of the booking price for some people on the ship.

I agree. People really love being comfortable and RCCL knows obviously they will sell at 5. Do you know they charge $600 for a table of 4 at Vintages or The Pub in the Promenade on NYE. Bottle of Moet and free apps included.

Edited by Moltar

I agree. People really love being comfortable and RCCL knows obviously they will sell at 5. Do you know they charge $600 for a table of 4 at Vintages or The Pub in the Promenade on NYE. Bottle of Moet and free apps included.

When I need that much comfort I'll go back to the ship.

When I need that much comfort I'll go back to the ship.

They sell out every time, Capitalism at work. If they can sell at 500, they'll sell them at 500. All of them were sold out on my cruise as well as every table in the promenade for NYE. Alot of people wouldn't pay that either, $500, but, a lot would as they have seen.

Edited by Moltar

They sell out every time, Capitalism at work. If they can sell at 500, they'll sell them at 500. All of them were sold out on my cruise as well as every table in the promenade for NYE. Alot of people wouldn't pay that either, $500, but, a lot would as they have seen.

I completely get it. I just happen to be in the second group. Maybe it was all my years in the Boy Scouts that left me with minimalistic needs.:p

And therein lies the truth. Cabanas aren't for the average cruiser. They aren't for even the above average cruiser. They're for the elite level cruiser who can easily afford a high dollar suite where plopping $500 for a shady afternoon isn't a big deal. Setting the price point this high ensures they're reserved for the elite few, which is their goal.

And therein lies the truth. Cabanas aren't for the average cruiser. They aren't for even the above average cruiser. They're for the elite level cruiser who can easily afford a high dollar suite where plopping $500 for a shady afternoon isn't a big deal. Setting the price point this high ensures they're reserved for the elite few, which is their goal.

It's basic capitalism really IMO but I can see how you view it that way.

I take the blame for the price increase. I had $250 OBC and I used it for my wife and I to have the cabana to ourselves for the 5 hours. I probably wouldn't have spent $250 cash, but Royal can find 6 people who would pay the $500 they are making more people happy. I wonder if they sell out as easy when smaller ships are in port.

It's basic capitalism really IMO but I can see how you view it that way.

2 ways to say the same thing. They're setting the price at a level where they know they'll sell them out for a given day with as little demand left over for that price point. By maximizing profits, they set it at a point where only the elites can really utilize.

AS much as I don't like the price increase, anyone here would have likely done the same thing once you clued into how wildly popular and in demand the cabanas were at the $250 level.

They used to be sold out in a matter of days/weeks once they became available online. They tried to address this by allowing only for booking onboard, and then the changed it back. According to the response a lot of us got from Royal - a lot of people were upset because it was one of those excursions that was not easily available - always sold out. So their fix is to up the price until most of us decide NOT to book, but will still rent enough of these to hit their cashflow targets.

Or as I say folks with more money then brains!:eek:

We didnt have suites, were not millionaires or anywhere close. If you think I'm "elite" that 's cool :) Or Folks with brains who realize you can't take it with ya when ya die :) 55 dollars a head for my party I found to be cheap. Whatever makes your cruise more enjoyable.

Edited by Moltar

On our last cruise to Labadee on the Grandeur in December. We were able to rent OW 1 on Barefoot Beach. Walking around Barefoot Beach, I would only say about quarter of the cabana's were assigned. We got ours for $250.

I am assuming that when the Oasis class and Quantum class are in Labadee or when two ships are docked the cabanas are probably all gone.

If these prices are true and still place when I am back at Labadee, I will enjoy just the lounger on Barefoot Beach.

I take the blame for the price increase. I had $250 OBC and I used it for my wife and I to have the cabana to ourselves for the 5 hours. I probably wouldn't have spent $250 cash, but Royal can find 6 people who would pay the $500 they are making more people happy. I wonder if they sell out as easy when smaller ships are in port.

I can see the price changing depending on the ship. Makes sense

Just booked an NCL cruise over NYE and the pricing was $450 for a small cabana and $500 for a larger cabana. There was some note about variable pricing on them so as stated they will keep upping the prices as long as people keep buying them. Last time we booked on it was $250 a few years ago.

We were just off the Anthem for NYE and we were shocked at Royal selling "limited" tables in the various venues for their parties. People are already paying a high premium for a NYE cruise and we felt it is gouging to charge for tables in their "free" parties. We went in one venue and easily 2/3 of the tables had reserved signs. We had a good laugh when one of the staff members said sit wherever there isn't a reserved sign. We didn't bother staying to find one of those few free tables.

Obviously their "limited" pay tables were limited to how many people would pay which unfortunately was many. We have been on other cruise lines for NYE and never have seen tables sold. Our survey noted how greedy we felt this was and wouldn't sail with Royal again over NYE, but as stated they won't stop it until people stop paying.