Eclipse: Accessible C3 on deck 10 or 2B on deck 7?

spanner14

Afternoon all, please can you help me choose? First time on Eclipse for 8 night Norwegian Fjords next August (2017). Options are:

1. Accessible C3 on Deck 10 for husband and I, plus Inside opposite for daughter and niece.

Or

2. Accessible 2B on Deck 7 plus Inside opposite.

Both sets of cabins are in roughly the same place (near Forward elevators).

Pros for Deck 7 are that it's around £380 cheaper, and nearer to Al Bacio.

Cons are that we may get some spray on sea days making balcony unuseable.

Also some reports of theatre noise in forward deck 7 cabins.

Pros for Deck 10 are that we would be in Concierge Class and we would probably be too high for spray.

Possible Cons on Deck 10 - and I don't know how this would work - is that while we'd be in Concierge, the girls wouldn't, so how would that work with priority check in, dining together etc?

Despite the £380 difference I am thinking Deck 10 would be nice but if it's going to cause problems with half of us being in Concierge and the girls having to check in etc. later than us then that would be a problem. We've only ever shared a cabin before hence my confusion.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

PS Yes, I am disabled, hence husband and I needing an accessible room. ;)

Spray on Deck 7 is not likely.

Check in times are not an issue. They are only a suggestion. Simply have everyone go to the check in together. Dining is also not an issue as Concierge has no special time or place for dining. You can all dine together - just request the same time and link the reservations together. Your TSA or Celebrity should be able to do this for you.

Personally I find no real benefit to me in C class rooms and book verandas. Some I am sure would disagree. But there is no issue whatsoever with you being in a Concierge room and the rest of your party in an inside one.

Another con for the 2B cabin on deck 7 would be that smoking is allowed on deck 6 port side, and that might possibly affect your enjoyment of your verandah.

I see no cons for the C3, and would be the better choice, IMHO. :)

If you are getting spray on deck 7, you are not going to want to be outside at all due to the rough seas. I wouldn't let that influence my choice of cabins. The C3 and 2B cabins are identical in size on the Eclipse....and IMHO, there is little in the concierge class benefits that are worth very many $'s. I'd select the cabins based solely on location/view/etc....and cost.

Another con for the 2B cabin on deck 7 would be that smoking is allowed on deck 6 port side, and that might possibly affect your enjoyment of your verandah.

I see no cons for the C3, and would be the better choice, IMHO. :)

Deck 6 is all cabins. Smoking is on deck 5. EM

All good points so far, thank you very much! :)

It's great to know that being in two different categories won't make that much difference. Booking so far ahead means we can all select flexible dining and eat together so that's fine.

Is there much difference in movement/swell up on 10? We were on 7 in Connie but it's a smaller ship and the Med/Adriatic were like millponds!

All good points so far, thank you very much! :)

It's great to know that being in two different categories won't make that much difference. Booking so far ahead means we can all select flexible dining and eat together so that's fine.

Is there much difference in movement/swell up on 10? We were on 7 in Connie but it's a smaller ship and the Med/Adriatic were like millponds!

We have sailed in a stateroom on deck 14 forward on the Reflection and didn't notice any movement. We have had more movement in staterooms on the Resort deck aft of the S-class ships.

Edited by C-Dragons

We did the Norwegian fjords this past August. I am also ban iCal and require an accessible cabin. We were in 1026, concierge deck 10. Perfect cabin, location etc. we like being up higher and limited accessible cabins. It was an awesome trip..enjoy

Yes, you are correct, typo, my bad.

But smoke can still rise up and affect the lower cabins on the port side.

Since the smoking area is mid ship and the veranda cabin being considered is forward smoke wouldn't be a problem.

We did the Norwegian fjords this past August. I am also ban iCal and require an accessible cabin. We were in 1026, concierge deck 10. Perfect cabin, location etc. we like being up higher and limited accessible cabins. It was an awesome trip..enjoy

Fantastic :) Thank you! Were there good scenic views from Starboard?

Edited by spanner14

Since the smoking area is mid ship and the veranda cabin being considered is forward smoke wouldn't be a problem.

Oh that's good to know.

I realised today that with only one exception, all our previous cabins have been Port. Might be a nice change to be on Starboard for a change. :)