Besides clothes, I'm packing...

serena_17

I've got a list of extra things to pack for the cruise. I'm travelling with my husband, parents, DD (12) and DS (11).

* Power board

* Behind the door organiser (to hold sunscreen, glasses, sea pass cards, etc)

* Corkscrew/bottle opener

* Small sewing kit with safety pins

* Small first aid kit (band aids, aspirin/panadol, dettol cream, etc)

* Commander hooks (for totes, hats - these hooks are easily removable and won’t

mark the walls)

* Rid

* Sunscreen

* Binoculars (small pair)

* Coin purse/small wallet for day trip rather than taking the whole handbag

* Small over shoulder bag

* Fold up umbrella

* Large zip loc bags (only a few)

* Soap in dispenser for bathroom

* Small LED torch

* Highlighters (to highlight activities that you want to do)

* Wipes / hand sanitizer

Is there anything I've forgotten, or something you've taken along that has made life a little easier on board?

Thanks,

I would take either a small white board or a notebook that stays in one place in the cabin to leave notes to each other (or the cabin steward).... "I'm at the aft pool", "Meet you at 4:30 at the pool bar" or "Can you please leave us a bucket of ice" (for the stewards..). We found it worked well but the key is to always have it in the same place :-)

Rid is an insect repellent in Australia. If you can't get "Bushman's Friend", it's the next best brand on the market for mosquitos and flies.

Got it. Thanks! Yes, insect repellant is a good thing to have, especially for your feet and lower legs for the noseeums. :D

Just so you know, they probably won't allow the power board as they're a fire risk. My uncle tried to take one on radiance from Sydney last summer and it was confiscated.

Oh, ok - thanks for that. We took one last time, but that was so long ago that it seems a lot of things have changed. I'll take one just in case and if they confiscate it, it's not the end of the world.

Looking at your countdown, we're on the same cruise! :)

I have "heard" that people might have been able to board with Belkins: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453000112&sr=8-2&keywords=belkin+surge+protectors

But it is for US power plugs. Perhaps they have something similar for AU plugs?

;)

Edited by Coralc

We take magnets - useful to put invitations, etc. up on the wall. We also take a bit of duct tape - have never had to use it, but it will fix almost anything that breaks.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by MarKay525

I take extra batteries & eyeglasses. There's nothing worse than losing your glasses or breaking them & no where to get new ones or batteries running down. I also take about 2 extra days of pills in case of delays. Someone here suggested taking a cloth grocery bag to use as a carry all. It can be folded up & takes little space in your luggage.

This cruise I will take my National Park Discount card as we are going to San Juan & we can get into the forts for free.

I have used the duct tape for fixing hems & taping together long walking sticks DH bought which made it easier to carry them.

I agree with a white board, magic marker, lanyard, magnetic hooks, softsoap for the bathroom, body wash & shampoo.

I also bring an extension cord for our CPAP's. RC will supply the distilled water & I've always an extension cord from them but I go prepared.

Donna

Edited by PTAngel

The kind with a small hook thats you can hang from the cabin lights. Unless you want to pay for small laundry items that may not come back until much later.

For soap, I use BLUE DAWN dish washing soap for every thing, takes lots of stains out if needed.(traveled the world with Dawn) I doubt that it is Ship approved but the little I use cannot hurt much. I have seen some detergent that will work that is more environmentally friendly and may give them a try.

Our group all use white boards. We put them on the outside of our cabin doors and leave each other notes. By the end of the cruise, other passengers leave us notes as well - it gets to be quite fun trying to figure out who people are!

We also take big magnetic clips for the walls, since they're all metal, to hold all the paperwork you're going to get during the cruise. That way it doesn't clutter up what little desk top space you have.

I'm also going to take my own pillow. The pillows tend to be very flat.

... is an over the door hanging shoe bag with clear compartments. Goes immediately over the bathroom door (on the inside of the bathroom) and holds ANYthing and Everything! It's my "I won't leave home without it" for cruise.

Happy Sailing! :)

In the US, go to Harbor Freight, they have a huge selection of magnets, I take dozens to put things on the wall such as exclusion tickets and such. We have some with hooks to hang jackets, swimsuits and such to dry. We pick a wall and put up several magnetic hooks to make a coat rack of sorts.Outside the US check your local hardware stores.

I have a magnetic white board 8x12 inches from Disney that has a magnetic pen and eraser, we use it to leave a note where we are, or the the Steward that we'll be off the ship till noon or whatever, I think it helps them know when to do the room.

I take hand soap as you said, liquid foam in a pump bottle, we leave it when we go.

I also take one or two rolls of toilet paper depending on how long the cruise it. If you have any issues, good toilet paper is a must. We leave what ever is left.

We pack a small roll on bag inside a larger bag as we go, so if we buy souvenirs we have room to get things home (we almost always drive to port).

I know you said except clothes, but here's a thought. Take two or three bathing suits, because nothing is worse than getting up in the morning on a sea day and putting on a cold wet bathing suit. Take gym clothes, even if you don't plan on going to the gym. For me I take a pair of bicycle shorts to ride, and several t-shirts.