Scenic Enters Ocean Cruising With New Luxury Cruise Ship

Host Jazzbeau

After listening to some of the problems Viking Oceans travelers experienced early on (perhaps continuing) with their cruises, I think it best to wait a couple of years and allow Scenic to get a bit of experience under their belts, before I consider putting out that kind of money on them! 2019 or 2020 sounds about right!

I'm with you pinotlover! Never will we ever do a maiden anything ever again! But 2019/20 sounds about right - assuming we're still able to travel that is.

I have always marveled at people who rush to book maiden voyages (or the first post-major drydock voyage). When I was working, we never paid to be Beta testers!

I'm with you pinotlover! Never will we ever do a maiden anything ever again! But 2019/20 sounds about right - assuming we're still able to travel that is.

Agree! It took Scenic several years to get their river cruise act together.

No rush on our part to try them as long as the other lines we love keep up their quality.

Jazz;

It should at least not allow O to slip. From reports of those being on both lines (I've never done Scenic) Scenic food is not Oceania food. So if you're a foodie like me, plus the wino part :D, I doubt Scenic will get there without a lot of slippage on O's part!

the promotional material looks amazing for small ship cruising. there is a market for travelling to beautiful unspoilt places in style and comfort. some small ships already travel to those places but not always with that degree of luxury. for many the destination and experience makes up for that, thinking of the trips to the arctic and Antarctic areas.

prices are always higher on small ships economy of scale, with less than 250 people. exciting to see new products in the market of small ship cruising.

consistency of quality to match the price can be difficult to achieve so time will tell how this pans out.

Still believe that 2019 to 2020 looks about right to consider the new line.

One big consideration for me is that I've been on a small ship in a big storm before, and this is an even smaller ship. Some of their locales will take them into waters where anything can go! Not sure if I have any desire to pay for that much fun ever again. I'm sill adventuresome but not self punishing anymore , especially when paying the big bucks! ;)

Hi Everyone,

I received a brochure from Scenic about the Eclipse. We are going to an information session about the Eclipse at the end of Feb. Will be interested in the cost, length of trips etc.

It should be interesting!

we are already booked to do the Romantic Rhine and Mosselle with Switzerland with Scenic in late June.

Michelle and Bob

• 4 weeks later...