ms Oosterdam Sail-Away January 18, 2016

Boytjie

The Oosterdam is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Also departing: Emerald Princess, Silver Wind and Celebrity Constellation.

And in Key West (http://keywestharborwebcam.com/) the Veendam departs at 18:00/6:00 PM EDT.

The Oosterdam's 11-Day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer itinerary:

Jan 18 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 19 At Sea

Jan 20 At Sea

Jan 21 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Jan 22 Castries, Saint Lucia

Jan 22 Scenic Cruising Soufriere Bay

Jan 23 Bridgetown, Barbados

Jan 24 Fort-De-France, Martinique

Jan 24 Daylight passing Mount Pelee

Jan 25 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Jan 26 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Jan 27 At Sea

Jan 28 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 29 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6SW11.jpg

The Oosterdam's 21-Day Southern Caribbean Seafarer/Wayfarer itinerary:

Jan 18 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 19 At Sea

Jan 20 At Sea

Jan 21 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Jan 22 Castries, Saint Lucia

Jan 22 Scenic Cruising Soufriere Bay

Jan 23 Bridgetown, Barbados

Jan 24 Fort-De-France, Martinique

Jan 24 Daylight passing Mount Pelee

Jan 25 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Jan 26 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Jan 27 At Sea

Jan 28 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 29 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 30 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 31 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Feb 01 Cruising Bahia de Samana

Feb 01 Samana, Dominican Republic

Feb 02 At Sea

Feb 03 Kralendijk, Bonaire

Feb 04 Willemstad, Curacao

Feb 05 Oranjestad, Aruba

Feb 06 At Sea

Feb 07 At Sea

Feb 08 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6S2W1.jpg

Edited by Boytjie

If the Cruise Critic group is going to meet behind the Crow's Nest for the sailaway, I plan to be there. If not I'll be on my balcony on the starboard side away from the cameras. (We wouldn't want them to stop working again. :D)

Edited by Happily@Sea

If the Cruise Critic group is going to meet behind the Crow's Nest for the sailaway, I plan to be there. If not I'll be on my balcony on the starboard side away from the cameras. (We wouldn't want them to stop working again. :D)

Have a wonderful time on your 21 whole days aboard!

Have a great cruise.

I will be on board waving back. Bright green shirt just aft of the Crows Nest.

I'll try and spot you. I will try to do a screen snip of the ship and you......if the camera pans on you. We get on her on 2-19-16....looking forward to our cruise, see you then.

Looks like a late day for the Oosterdam , she is not even predicted for the sea buoy until 10 am, hope no one had early airplane reservations. With the possibility of not being berthed until almost 11, I don't see how we can leave before 6 pm. I wonder what kind of weather held her up - coming all the way from Aruba?

She's extremely late, they are now predicting a 10:30 arrival outside of port, tie-up should be somewhat later.

Who knows what time we passengers will be able to board and when we'll actually leave.

ETA: She's finally on the map, south of Miami and about even with Key Largo. Yaa! Sailing at 23.2 knots.

Edited by Happily@Sea

She's extremely late, they are now predicting a 10:30 arrival outside of port, tie-up should be somewhat later.

Who knows what time we passengers will be able to board and when we'll actually leave.

ETA: She's finally on the map, south of Miami and about even with Key Largo. Yaa! Sailing at 23.2 knots.

She is steaming back at over23 knots! I thought it looked strange that the Westerdam and Oosterdam were passing each other off the coast of Cuba around 6 PM ET; a bit far away from Port Everglades.

Looks like a late day for the Oosterdam , she is not even predicted for the sea buoy until 10 am, hope no one had early airplane reservations. With the possibility of not being berthed until almost 11, I don't see how we can leave before 6 pm. I wonder what kind of weather held her up - coming all the way from Aruba?

In 2010 we were boarding the Eurodam but it had anchor problems at Half Moon Cay and did not dock until 12:30 PM; boarding started at 3 PM and we left by 7 PM.

Sail7seas was on the cruise that came in late. HAL did an amazing job processing all the disembarking and embarking passengers as well as all the extra equipment brought onboard for our charter.

Edited by Boytjie

She is steaming back at over23 knots! I thought it looked strange that the Westerdam and Oosterdam were passing each other off the coast of Cuba around 6 PM ET; a bit far away from Port Everglades.

In 2010 we were boarding the Eurodam but it had anchor problems At Half Moo Cay and did not dock until 12:30 PM; boarding started at 3 PM and we left only about an hour or sol later than scheduled.

Is that why they use the azipods in tender ports instead of the anchors?

I was tracking her last night on Marinetraffic.com around 10:30pm PST and saw that she changed course 180 degrees to starboard and headed back south. She was off the west coast of Bahamas. Hard to gage how far she went south, but using a ruler on the map it appears to be over 30kms distance. Can't tell how much time she used for this "diversion"? Can't tell what she was doing but I was pretty sure that course change would make her late for Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe a possible rescue?