BYO wine (Princess) is there a limit?

My DH was laughing to himself while on his laptop this morning so, of course, I had to ask him what was so funny. Well........

have to say I lost it, totally, when it came to comparing bringing on steaks with bringing on wine, lololol. Shades of S/KM.

(Oh, I'm a cheapskate - take on a bottle then use my mini-bar. Thank you, Princess. ;) :rolleyes: :D

How're you doing, Uncle Les?

Going good Sandy, how about yourself? Good to see a few vintage names on CC.

Happy cruising in 2016.

Having just done a cruise on Princess, you will need to carry on your wine with you as it cannot be checked in. Given the lines, I would suggest you pack the bottles in a roll on suitcase or have it on one on those luggage trolley things (those old stay foldable trolleys we used before we got roll on suitcases) or check in later when the lines are not as long so you don't kill your arms carrying the carton of wine. :):)

Having just done a cruise on Princess, you will need to carry on your wine with you as it cannot be checked in. Given the lines, I would suggest you pack the bottles in a roll on suitcase or have it on one on those luggage trolley things (those old stay foldable trolleys we used before we got roll on suitcases) or check in later when the lines are not as long so you don't kill your arms carrying the carton of wine. :):)

Good tips, I suppose the bag would be best so no one sees you taking it all on board ad wanting to share your stash.:p

We recently did two Diamond cruises and took about 6 bottles on the first cruise and 11 on the second cruise. We are more than happy to pay the corkage on the extra bottles so that we can drink the wine we like over dinner. I wish Royal Caribbean would adopt the same policy.

Cheers

Di

Don't forget you can drink the wine in your cabin without the corkage charge and you can also bring more wine on at each port as long as it isn't duty free.

Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

That is not quite correct, although enforcement of the policies can be erratic.

From Princess's website.

As outlined in our Passage Contract, on the day of embarkation, guests are permitted to bring one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted. .

Any alcoholic beverages purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at any port of call, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with the shipboard alcoholic purchases.

Edited by MicCanberra

Don't forget you can drink the wine in your cabin without the corkage charge and you can also bring more wine on at each port as long as it isn't duty free.

As Mic pointed out, this only applies to two bottles of wine. Acording to the rules, passengers cannot bring more wine on at other ports during the cruise, but this rule seems to be applied inconsistently. :)

Re the comment about duty free wine - I do not know where this could be purchased and I don't think Princess cares whether something has been purchased duty free or not.

As Mic pointed out, this only applies to two bottles of wine. Acording to the rules, passengers cannot bring more wine on at other ports during the cruise, but this rule seems to be applied inconsistently. :)

Re the comment about duty free wine - I do not know where this could be purchased and I don't think Princess cares whether something has been purchased duty free or not.

We buy Duty Free Wine in Vila in the bottle shop next door to Mr Kwans. They sell Penfolds 389 and St Henri duty free and package it in duty free bags as normal.

Cheers

Di

We buy Duty Free Wine in Vila in the bottle shop next door to Mr Kwans. They sell Penfolds 389 and St Henri duty free and package it in duty free bags as normal.

Cheers

Di

OK. I wouldn't have thought about buying wine duty free. If you bring that into Australia this would be part of your alcohol allowance that is calculated on the volume.

I still do not believe the cruiseline would care if it is duty free or not. If they allowed you to take wine on board at the port, you would not have to hand it in.:)