Recommendations Barcelona Hotels

amberben

Hi This will be the first time in Barcelona precruise in Oct... Could I have some Hotels recommend other than the Jazz or any of those really expensive hotels. We are looking around £100 a night hotels...in a safe district.

Many thanks

Brenda

I stayed at the Hotel Continental near the top of La Ramblas. It is very pink - but the rooms were clean, beds were super comfortable, service was great and they have a 24 hour food and beverage bar with free wine and beer! Check the website - the pictures show the pink! We found it hilarious! Highly recommend. Super close to the Airport Buses and Hop On/Hop Off buses.

There are many choices.

The Ayre Gran Via can be an extremely good value at times. Some promotional rates can include the excellent 'Spanish style' breakfast buffet.

The hotel is at the first stop on the A1 or A2 busses from the airport, has easy metro access and even a bus straight to the port bus, the D20 for just 2 euro per person.

I stayed at the Hotel Continental near the top of La Ramblas. It is very pink - but the rooms were clean, beds were super comfortable, service was great and they have a 24 hour food and beverage bar with free wine and beer! Check the website - the pictures show the pink! We found it hilarious! Highly recommend. Super close to the Airport Buses and Hop On/Hop Off buses.

Glad to hear this one recommended. Staying there 4 nights pre-cruise in October.

Brenda,

100 euros night is my budget as well but I go in the summer so it is tough but I found the El Jardi ...rick steeves had recommended it and I liked it. I love the area (baric gothic) . It is clean, not fancy. I have stayed at Casa maercelo recommended above b & b. It was really good too. I have also stayed at some 250 euro night and I would pick the el Jardi or a B and B any day to save the money.

Brenda ( lol...great name)

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I booked a rooftop flat in La Ramblas for less than 100 euro per night. It was a 1 bedroom with a nice bathroom and small kitchenette. But the rooftop terrace gave sweeping views of the city. We used VRBO and had great results. I would say you definitely want to be in the La Ramblas area because its easy access to all of the cool places you need to see.

here's a link to the property we booked:

https://www.vrbo.com/157504?unitId=157504

Good luck!

Christina

I just booked with points, the Marriott Renaissance Barcelona for 2 nights pre cruise in May. I still have time to cancel so I would really appreciate it if anyone could share a review of this hotel. It seems to be in a good, central location but I have never been there before. Thanks

...or its sister hotel, the Continental Palacete, which is a couple of blocks north of Placa de Catalunya. Taxi rank right outside the door. Be aware both these hotels have steps, so not good if you have mobility issues, but brilliant otherwise.

Simon

...or its sister hotel, the Continental Palacete, which is a couple of blocks north of Placa de Catalunya. Taxi rank right outside the door. Be aware both these hotels have steps, so not good if you have mobility issues, but brilliant otherwise.

Simon

Are you referring to steps to get into the hotel? About how many?

So far as I know there's an elevator inside to room floors. Correct?

I just booked with points, the Marriott Renaissance Barcelona for 2 nights pre cruise in May. I still have time to cancel so I would really appreciate it if anyone could share a review of this hotel. It seems to be in a good, central location but I have never been there before. Thanks

I've also got this hotel booked for 2 night pre-cruise in September and I'm also curious if anyone has stayed her and liked it.

Hi This will be the first time in Barcelona precruise in Oct... Could I have some Hotels recommend other than the Jazz or any of those really expensive hotels. We are looking around £100 a night hotels...in a safe district.

Many thanks

Brenda

We like to stay at Salles Hotel Ciutat Del Prat. They offer both an airport and cruise port shuttle package along with breakfast. Hope this helps!

The Palacete from memory (dangerous, I know!!) has about 11 steps from road up to the lift ( elevator) level. I think the Continental is similar, but could do with someone who has been there confirming.

Simon

Is there a handrail?

Are these steps from street to lobby or interior steps?

Continuous? Or are you totaling two sets of steps?

Is there a handrail?

Are these steps from street to lobby or interior steps?

Continuous? Or are you totaling two sets of steps?

Here is a link to the Placete's webpage gallery

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/hotel-continental-palacete/gallery.html

It should open with the 'Exterior & Entrance' shots. Look at the right hand one and you can see road level far right, so looks like 6 & 3 up to the level with the glass elevator in the corner.

Simon

Here is a link to the Placete's webpage gallery

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/hotel-continental-palacete/gallery.html

It should open with the 'Exterior & Entrance' shots. Look at the right hand one and you can see road level far right, so looks like 6 & 3 up to the level with the glass elevator in the corner.

Simon

Thanks but we are staying at Hotel Continental, the "pink" one, not at the Palacete.

Thanks but we are staying at Hotel Continental, the "pink" one, not at the Palacete.

Had a look at the 'Continental' website http://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/hotel-continental-barcelona/gallery.html

and it doesn't have any photos of the entrance. You could try e mailing them. BTW, the Palacete is very pink too...looking at these photos I would say the Palacete is pinker...if thats important to you!:D

Simon

hotel Lloret la Rambla was 104 EUR last May. Right on la Rambla, 1 star but it was way better than that. Check tripadvisor, it has great reviews which I can agree.

Next fall we are trying Jazz for 3 nights.

I've stayed at both the Continental and Hotel Lloret. They are across from each other. I would recommend both and the location is great....