True or False No Dancing Waitstaff in MDR

uirie

Curious as to why you got cold food, I have only seen it done around the desert service, not near the appetizers or entrees.

It can effect your dinner if you have Anytime Dining. With that, I basically avoid the dining room altogether on Carnival anymore. The service is already slow enough, and dancing waiters don't register high on my personal entertainment scale.

Plus, I have spoken with a few of the waitstaff in the past and not all of them are too keen on the dancing. I always thought it to be similar to see the dancing bears in a circus, forced to do something they'd rather not do.

It can effect your dinner if you have Anytime Dining. With that, I basically avoid the dining room altogether on Carnival anymore. The service is already slow enough, and dancing waiters don't register high on my personal entertainment scale.

Plus, I have spoken with a few of the waitstaff in the past and not all of them are too keen on the dancing. I always thought it to be similar to see the dancing bears in a circus, forced to do something they'd rather not do.

It's a bit difficult to read into your post whether you like it or not....

Dining rooms are set up for fixed dining times, not anytime dining. If you opt for anytime dining that is just one of the things you need to deal with.

On the Glory, at least in the Platinum Dining Room, they didn't all actively dance. There were about 7 or 8 that were in costume and up on the pedestals dancing while the rest gathered around the outside of the center section of the dining room clapping.

About to go on the Glory. I have heard that the waitstaff only dances and sings on formal nights and the last evening of the cruise. Tell me please this is false. It's my favorite part of the cruise!

We were on the Glory (love that ship) last April and they still did it. Always entertaining and bless them for doing it and serving:)

Curious as to why you got cold food, I have only seen it done around the desert service, not near the appetizers or entrees.

I agree with this. I think if you have anytime dining then you may have a problem. We always get the early seating and love the dancing. Our servers on the last 2 cruises really enjoyed dancing. I have a video of them and I love looking at it- great memories. If you don't like it, go at a later time or leave before it starts.

It usually happens just as I am waiting for my food. LOL

I don't know how many times I have sat there watching them jump around while my food gets cold or my desert ice cream melts. It would be interestibg to get a crew member's opinion - my guess is that it is just one more thing that they have to pretend to enjoy.

Why do think that? On my cruise this past fall, the waiters were clearly having a ball doing it. Shouldn't they be allowed to have a little fun on the job?

HuH? If you read my comment, I said I like it. Think it is lots of fun!!

Pat

On the Glory, at least in the Platinum Dining Room, they didn't all actively dance. There were about 7 or 8 that were in costume and up on the pedestals dancing while the rest gathered around the outside of the center section of the dining room clapping.

I suspect the dancers on the pedestals before too long will be cabin stewards who are no longer needed for evening turn down service of the cabins. Their presence should help to ease the work load for the understaffed dining room team so we can all be served our entrees piping hot and manage to get a cup of coffee with our dessert. ;)

I suspect the dancers on the pedestals before too long will be cabin stewards who are no longer needed for evening turn down service of the cabins. Their presence should help to ease the work load for the understaffed dining room team so we can all be served our entrees piping hot and manage to get a cup of coffee with our dessert. ;)

like:)

According to posts in JH blog when asked, you would be wrong, and not by a slim margin.

It was cute the first few times but as they keep adding workload to the servers and service is not as good as in the past, it does slow down the service.

Wish they would do it say 2-3 times during a 7 day cruise.