need feedback on insurance quote

bubba83

Hi everyone, I have never purchased travel insurance before so I have no idea what to include, whats good, whats bad, etc....

Anyway, my travel agent (who has known me since I was a little girl) quoted my family of 4 (DH32, me32, DD5, and DD3) for our 10 day cruise this coming april.....

Can you guys take a look and let me know if its one that is reasonable and I should take it....We will not need to fly at all as we are driving to Baltimore since we only live 3hrs away.

Benefits provided per person

Trip Cancellation

Up to Amount Purchased (max. $20,000)

Trip Interruption

Up to 150% of Amount Purchased (max. $30,000)

Emergency Medical

$50,000

Emergency Medical Transportation

$1,000,000

Baggage Loss/Damage

$2,500

Travel Delay

$1,000

Missed Connection

$500

Concierge

Included

Existing Medical Conditions Coverage

Yes, up to final payment

BizPack Coverage

-

Cancel Anytime Coverage

-

Cancellation Benefits

100% for covered reasons

Baggage Delay

$200

The cost of the proposed coverage is:

$167.92

is the $167 per person or for all 4. If for all 4, this seems very reasonable. What is the travel insurance company she had used to quote?

the $167 is the total price for my family of 4. The quote is through Allianz/Worldwide Travel

price seems reasonable. one suggestion, make sure the coverage starts from the time you leave your home and ends the day you arrive. another CC member on here didn't do that and was injured the day before the cruise started and ended up having to pay more than they would have if the travel insurance picked up the tab.

Seems very reasonable and coverage looks good. Just make sure it includes cancelation for "any reason" most important death of family member. We had our 41 YO DIL die just three days before DW and I left on a cruise and there was a question if they would cover cancelation for death of DIL, which they did.

We just booked Oasis and RCCL is charging us $59 PP for insurance.

Edited by jamesr3939

The cost is reasonable. Though the OP stated the it covers pre-existing conditions he/she must understand that Allianz has specific requirements that have to be met in order to have pre-existing conditions covered. The requirements to have the Pre-existing waiver apply are :

*You purchased your plan within 14 days of making your first trip payment or first trip deposit;

*You purchased Trip Cancellation coverage that covers the full cost of all your non-refundable trip arrangements

*You were a U.S. resident and medically able to travel on the day your purchased the plan

*The total cost of your trip does not exceed the maximum cost specified by your plan.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Although we (two of us) are flying from KC to San Juan (yes I know your driving), our insurance coverage for flight and cruise through Travel Guard was almost $350.00. We got this through the TA too. I thought it was expensive, but I think your price doesn't sound bad at all.

Who is this through? I have NEVER seen rates this low. Personally I'd be nervous but that is just me.

We paid $280 total for two people for our most recent 12-night cruise. That was about 6% of the cruise cost (did not include air into that figure as we did not insure that part).

Who is this through? I have NEVER seen rates this low. Personally I'd be nervous but that is just me.

We paid $280 total for two people for our most recent 12-night cruise. That was about 6% of the cruise cost (did not include air into that figure as we did not insure that part).

Sascol, your premium sounds right, as typical trip insurance costs 4-8% of the trip cost. I agree, the Allianz cost is seemingly low. bubba83, just for comparison, you may want to obtain a quote for a Travel Guard (Gold) policy. Ages 17 and under that are traveling with you, are covered at no additional cost. The policy is very comprehensive, and offers an option for Cancel for Any Reason coverage.