Empty Roll Call 3-9-16 cruise!

Bonnie J.

We recently booked Carnival's Ecstasy for March 9th, this year. I went to the Roll Call and one person started the roll call last November. I am the only other person there! Isn't anyone else going? Ship now leaves from Charleston, SC!

Cruise on Sunshine, also from Charleston next November, has 100+++ people on the roll call all ready.

Never seen a roll call with only 2 people! Sign up if you're going with us! Ships in Charleston are usually full and this one seems to be.

Roll calls are a funny thing. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why one roll call will have a lot of people joining and participating, while another has zero or next to zero activity. The roll call I'm on for our upcoming cruise has sixteen people that have joined, but only three of us have remained consistently active. Not everyone that joins Cruise Critic wants to join a roll call. Also, keep in mind that not everyone that cruises is a member if Cruise Critic. There are a few other cruise forums besides C.C. that people can join. C.C. just happens to have the largest number of members. Want to meet lots of people and make new friends on your cruise? Stand in front of one of the bars and yell "Free beer, on me!":D

This is just a partial demonstration of the science of probabilities. Every conceivable arrangement of happenings in a situation must be considered a possibility - simply because it is conceivable. True, OP's situation is rare, but not impossible. OP should consider himself fortunate in that he was not entirely alone on the roll call.

A further demonstration - extremely less likely, but probably even less to OP's liking - is the possibility that absolutely no one else booked the cruise. While that situation must be considered a possibility (however slim), the virtual certain end result would be that the line would cancel the cruise rather than give OP full run of the ship - with an overwhelming staff/passenger ratio.

Bottom line: OP might be curious, but has no grounds for cursing the gods of probability.

Short cruises and cruise with a regular itin rarely have tons of posts.

On the West Coast most short cruises don't even have a roll call. When they do there's only 10 posts. The 7 dayers rarely hit 100 posts. Only the odd itins (9, 13, HI) seem to generate huge groups and posts.