Bringing Gatorade on board

jamesnnb

I don't see why not. You can bring on water or sodas. After all, Gatorade is basically water with electrolytes etc, with coloring and flavor added.

Edited by Treven

You can bring any non-alcoholic beverages on Princess ships

Paul are you certain this is true currently? Can anyone confirm this as of 2016?

In the Cruise Answer Book it specifically says "Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted".

Are you saying they will allow Gatorade, but not water or soda?

Paul are you certain this is true currently? Can anyone confirm this as of 2016?

In the Cruise Answer Book it specifically says "Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted".

Are you saying they will allow Gatorade, but not water or soda?

MISPRINT>>>>>>

Yes its true. They have always allowed soda and water.

Carnival does not allow it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Don't know about any recent changes, but we brought a 24 pack of Gatorade on to our first cruise in 2014. It was packed in a suitcase along with a case of Ginger Ale. No Problem

And in September of 215 we brought several 6 packs of Gatorade on at various stops along the way on our cruise - never a question.

Don

Several cruiselines have prohibited bringing bottled soft drinks and water, but allow canned soda. Does anyone have a link to Princess's current policy?

I just went into the cruise answer book tied to my next sailing and was very surprised to read this:

Alcohol Policy

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree

not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in

your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective

of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Not sure why they placed the bottled water and canned or bottled soda line in with the alcohol policy.

MISPRINT>>>>>>

I just went into the cruise answer book tied to my next sailing and was very surprised to read this:

Alcohol Policy

not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in

your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective

of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Not sure why they placed the bottled water and canned or bottled soda line in with the alcohol policy.

As Colo Cruiser said: It is a misprint on Princesses part. There have been other threads about this topic. Earlier someone said that they contacted Princess and they were told that it was a mistake on their part.

So as some others have stated: you can bring any non-alcoholic beverage aboard.

Edited by TwoCruisers

Alcohol Policy

It has been reported on several threads on this board that the bottled water and soda restriction is a misprint. Yet to the best of my knowledge, they have not corrected it. I have never had a problem nor have I heard of anyone having a problem bringing soda or water on board a Princess ship. I have never brought Gatorade.

Several cruiselines have prohibited bringing bottled soft drinks and water, but allow canned soda. Does anyone have a link to Princess's current policy?

MISPRINT>>>>>>

The link/info is not correct!

Bring on as much soda or water as you want.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 4 weeks later...
It has been reported on several threads on this board that the bottled water and soda restriction is a misprint. Yet to the best of my knowledge, they have not corrected it. I have never had a problem nor have I heard of anyone having a problem bringing soda or water on board a Princess ship. I have never brought Gatorade.

I did contact Princess (not sure if it was via email or phone call). Can't remember my name from yesterday.

It was a misprint. Princess does not have this restriction.

Fantastic. I did initially think it was a little odd to be allowed a bottle of wine but not a bottle of water and was going to phone and inquire closer to our dates :)

Do people just carry it on or pack it away in luggage?