My cruise disappeared

... or possible 1 week dry dock.
Dry docks are scheduled years in advance and they don't start taking bookings for that time - unless it's an emergency dry dock, and in that case they wouldn't wait 9 months. Looks like a charter to me. Edited by catl331

My TA called HAL today and was told that it was a web page problem. We'll see. I hope that is correct information but I have an alternate date in mind if we need it.

Thanks

Marcia

when I called HAL - they told me it was chartered!!!

More stellar conflicting info from Hal. How hard is it to get correct info on this? Op, I hope you get a correct answer soon. So annoying.

So frustrating when a rep at headquarters either doesn't have correct information or isn't open and honest in their response.

Clearly one or the other of the two reps was mistaken...... or worse. :(

I could be wrong, but perhaps this is what's happened to your Westerdam Mexico October 29, 2016 cruise?

http://www.vegancruiseplanners.com/rw/view/5802

It's billed as a "Vegan Vacation at Sea", and there will be several celebrity vegan chefs onboard. I'm not sure if it's a group on the ship, or a full charter. Perhaps it started as a group, but now has enough bookings to qualify as a full ship charter. Just guessing.

I hope it is a full charter because I would rather not be on a cruise with a large group. I have concerns that the usual menus would be changed to reflect that style of eating. I have never changed a cruise after it was booked so I don't know what expenses are involved.

Cruise critic members are so helpful.. Thanks

Marcia

I hope it is a full charter because I would rather not be on a cruise with a large group. I have concerns that the usual menus would be changed to reflect that style of eating. I have never changed a cruise after it was booked so I don't know what expenses are involved.

Cruise critic members are so helpful.. Thanks

Marcia

If HAL has chartered the ship, you will not be financially responsible for any changes. You're well before final payment, so there shouldn't be any charges for changing your cruise.

Edited by middle-aged mom

We had this happen on Royal Caribbean. And they had it removed from royalcaribbean.com for a month or two before they let us know it had been cancelled. I hope Holland America does better, because w/ Royal Caribbean, they gave us two weeks to change the reservation for offer they presented, and the second week was Thanksgiving.

We ended up with about $400 OBC in addition to the OBC we already had from booking on the ship.

If HAL has chartered the ship, you will not be financially responsible for any changes. You're well before final payment, so there shouldn't be any charges for changing your cruise.

Not so...

You will be financially responsible for any flight changes you need to make if you did not make them through HAL.

If you selected a pre-paid hotel pre or post cruise you could be out that as well.

So far I have only paid the cruise deposit and cruise deposit. I know the deposit will be returned or transferred to another cruise but I don't know about the insurance -- which was not purchased from HAL.

Not so...

You will be financially responsible for any flight changes you need to make if you did not make them through HAL.

If you selected a pre-paid hotel pre or post cruise you could be out that as well.

You are correct; I was thinking only of the actual cruise fare itself, and not the additional travel costs such as airfare and hotel.

So far I have only paid the cruise deposit and cruise deposit. I know the deposit will be returned or transferred to another cruise but I don't know about the insurance -- which was not purchased from HAL.

I work with a travel agent who handles such things as travel insurance for me. She has been able to have my insurance policies rolled over to cover another cruise when I have to make a change. As "Traveling Dot" mentioned above, ask either your travel agent or travel insurance provider what your options are. Good luck with your travel plans.

Not so...

Every cruise line we have been on pays airline change fees and non refundable hotel charges when they charter a cruise. So I don't think what you are saying is true.

However, some make if conditional that you rebook with them and then take the amount off of the new cruise fare.

Edited by Jade13

Every cruise line we have been on pays airline change fees and non refundable hotel charges when they charter a cruise. So I don't think what you are saying is true.

However, some make if conditional that you rebook with them and then take the amount off of the new cruise fare.

Good to know. Hope I never have to trust the cruise line will do so.