Enchantment aft JS cabins

PCWalton1

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search. :o

We have JS 8172 booked but I see the two corner aft JS on deck 7 are open (7166/7666). Soliciting opinions from those of you that have sailed with Enchantment, should I stay or move?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search. :o

We have JS 8172 booked but I see the two corner aft JS on deck 7 are open (7166/7666). Soliciting opinions from those of you that have sailed with Enchantment, should I stay or move?

We had 7166 once and liked the super large balcony and walk-in closet. However, we did hear the thumpa thumpa sounds from the lounge directly below. I believe others have posted that 7666 is farther from the lounge music and therefore quieter.

We had 7166 once and liked the super large balcony and walk-in closet. However, we did hear the thumpa thumpa sounds from the lounge directly below. I believe others have posted that 7666 is farther from the lounge music and therefore quieter.

Hmm. I like the center location of 8172 but Marie loves her walk in closet. Maybe 7666...

We had 7666 on our last Enchantment cruise, my sister just had it last month, and we are

booked in it again next month. Love that huge balcony! :D

Don't really remember a lot of noise from the lounge below, and I am a light sleeper, but we did feel vibration from the engines. Not sure I would want it on a long cruise, but very doable on a short cruise.

In reading reviews I read a lot of complaints about certain locations on deck 8 due to noise from the pool deck and moving chairs an stuff. I'd look at what's above your room on deck 8

I always check what is directly above me when I book also. Light sleeper. :(

We were in Enchantment, aft 8672 over MLK weekend. The balcony was fantastic. Yes, I heard some chairs scraping in the morning as well as some really great rock music playing the night we left Nassau, but only while on the balcony (not while in the room) and it did not affect my enjoyment of the balcony at all. In fact, the music enhanced my evening. More annoying was the rattling of the connecting divider in strong winds - which I "fixed" by moving one of the chairs up against the divider as you can see from the first photo.

I would sail in this cabin again in an instant.

24530180842_694fb333f5_z.jpg[/url]

24011831783_2faecd1d37_z.jpg

24010494054_e1b395dfe5_z.jpg

Just had cabin 7150, corner aft JS, on the Grandeur. Exactly like the previous video, of the Enchantment. You made the right decision switching. Loved, loved, did I say loved, this cabin and balcony. We got it for our 50th anniversary and had many people in the cabin for a celebration. You will not be disappointed. We had no problem with noise either. Have a great cruise and enjoy the walk-in closet!

Gwen [emoji3]

Bill, I'll be interested to hear about any music you notice from the lounge below.

Bob, we heard very little music from below us when we were in 7666. I think the band is on the port side in the lounge on deck six, so it may be louder above 7166. They really don't rock out like a disco, so perhaps that is why we did not notice it, and I am a light sleeper.

We have 7666 again the end of this month. Love it. :)

Edited by island lady

Bob, we heard very little music from below us when we were in 7666. I think the band is on the port side in the lounge on deck six, so it may be louder above 7166. They really don't rock out like a disco, so perhaps that is why we did not notice it, and I am a light sleeper.

We have 7666 again the end of this month. Love it. :)

Thanks, that's what I recall reading about 7666, not near as close to the music as 7166.

Thanks, that's what I recall reading about 7666, not near as close to the music as 7166.

Agree! :)

And the balcony of 7666 is even bigger! Great for sailway "bubbly on the balcony". ;)

Unfortunately it may be our last time on beloved Enchantment. :( We won't travel to Miami to board a

3/4 night cruise. Was just so nice to hop on last minute so close to our house.

Edited by island lady

Agree! :)

And the balcony of 7666 is even bigger! Great for sailway "bubbly on the balcony". ;)....

Are you saying the balcony on 7666 is larger than the balcony on 7166? I thought they were the exact mirror image of each other.

Edited by clarea

Are you saying the balcony on 7666 is larger than the balcony on 7166? I thought they were the exact mirror image of each other.

It looks really big in the video posted, but I seem to remember looking down at the aft of Enchantment when we were docked next door on another ship and thought 7666 had a bigger balcony. Now maybe the angle I saw it at just made it look that way. Time for the eye doctor??!! :eek: ;)

I have never stayed in 7166, only 7666. One of the main reasons for me to book 7666 is being starboard side and best to view sail away in PC.

Edited by island lady