Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Redtravel,

Here´s a link to some youtube videos about the cabins:

You can see, that the showers are still really small and they do have curtains, which I hate too.

I'm 6'5" and 200 pounds. The shower and curtain work fine for me. I'll never understand all the whining about them.

Thanks for the photos. I also liked the cruise critic photos that were featured today. They didn't include regular veranda or ocean view or inside cabin photos. Have there been any changes to the non-suite bathrooms? They had the smallest shower that I have ever experienced with the shower curtain that sticks to you. I hope that this has been reinvented. Please share photos of the standard bathrooms. Thanks.

I posted another video that I found online in the other Journey thread. Here's the link:

I have to say that I too have never had an issue with these bathrooms. They are small, but perfectly formed. There's no way they could enclose the shower with a solid screen because there just isn't the floor space. The cubicle would be too small.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I posted another video that I found online in the other Journey thread. Here's the link:

I have to say that I too have never had an issue with these bathrooms. They are small, but perfectly formed. There's no way they could enclose the shower with a solid screen because there just isn't the floor space. The cubicle would be too small.

Phil

Having showered in the reimagined shower in question and how shall I say not being of a petite frame I can say honestly I had far less interaction with the curtain cruise 1 than I did cruise 2 when we were back in an unimagined room on the same ship. I might be completely wrong but the shower curtain seemed to be on a different rail type in the new room and hung a little further away.

Hi Suite Traveler,

I think I took that photo :)

Alas, the shellfish platter (From Aqualina) is no longer on the menu. However, their lobster tail is outstanding. Also, we dined in Discoveries last night, and the Shrimp Cocktail was very nice. 3 huge shrimp and they tasted absolutely delicious.

I'm hearing rumors of a Lobster night, later in the sailing. Tonight is the "White Night", and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. Stay Tuned !

Andy thank you for taking the time to answer my question. If there is any other shellfish, I'd love to know and also caviar service? These are some of my favorites.

Andy thank you for taking the time to answer my question. If there is any other shellfish, I'd love to know and also caviar service? These are some of my favorites.

There is a caviar/champagne bar located in Aqualina for a cover charge. We have also been served it in Prime C when we asked.

Phil

Agreed! He certainly goes above and beyond...I hope he knows how much cc members appreciate it.

Thank you midwestchick. I truly appreciate your kind comments, along with the many awesome comments from our members on this thread. It's very heartwarming !

Thanks Andy for all your postings during your family vacation and taking time to post all the photos.

The chocolate dessert from the MDR looks wonderful.....

Hi Kathy9,

You know how so many desserts on Cruise ships (and elsewhere) LOOK great, and when you taste them... not so much ? Well, this one tasted every bit as good as it looked. To say it was AzAmazing does not do it enough justice.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only for all your work and personal time devoted to keeping us all informed, but for the personal encouragement to go for the cabin upgrade!

Your comments held so true on our Journey cruise, Feb 17-29. Unfortunately, I do not ever wish to return to a smaller cabin with no butler!!:D Even if I must, it was an awesome experience on the Journey that will remain with me/us for a very long time! Connie

Not only for all your work and personal time devoted to keeping us all informed, but for the personal encouragement to go for the cabin upgrade!

Your comments held so true on our Journey cruise, Feb 17-29. Unfortunately, I do not ever wish to return to a smaller cabin with no butler!!:D Even if I must, it was an awesome experience on the Journey that will remain with me/us for a very long time! Connie

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm so pleased to hear that my advice worked out well for you.

I know what you mean, in that we tend to get spoiled once we experience what I call "The Suite Life" on Azamara ships. It's an absolutely wonderful experience, and we will cherish the memories for a long time to come.

In 3 weeks, we're actually sailing in a smaller non-suite cabin on Celebrity Eclipse. It will be much different than the Azamara Suite.... but I'm not about to complain. We'll be on a cruise, and that's always a beautiful thing :)

Edited by Host Andy

Celebrity Eclipse is my favourite ship. The Aquaclass is wonderful. Have sailed in room 1503 so many times that it feels like going home! Going on my first Azamara Journey cruise in June, and it may well become my favourite after all I have read here. Thank you so much for all your information and views. Cant wait! You're bound to enjoy Eclipse too! Just love the Ice Bar!

In 3 weeks, we're actually sailing in a smaller non-suite cabin on Celebrity Eclipse. It will be much different than the Azamara Suite.... but I'm not about to complain. We'll be on a cruise, and that's always a beautiful thing :)

Andy, if that's April 3 I'm meeting up with friends on the 2nd in Miami who are on your cruise and before I get on Journey back to Europe on the 5th😎

Phil

Andy, if that's April 3 I'm meeting up with friends on the 2nd in Miami who are on your cruise and before I get on Journey back to Europe on the 5th😎

Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes, we are on the April 3rd Eclipse sailing. If there's any chance we can meet at the Port of Miami on the 3rd, or chat on the phone, please email me. It would be great to catch up !

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Surprised but No problem....will take my own. Glad I asked.

Olwen ;)

I'm surprised too. I have had a "mechanical" one for ages, but just bought a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker and having tried it at home wish I'd bought one ages ago. No cables or correct connector required.

Phil

Host Andy, are you still editing pictures, or did I miss the link to see them? Thanks.

Hi Pam,

There's more photos to come. Hopefully, they will be more posted as early as tonight, or over the weekend. Work is extremely busy. Sorry for the delay.

Hi Connie,

Hi Andy,

I understand! No complaints from me either! We booked another Azamara cruise for Oct,but, alas, it won't be a suite:-)It will be a very different cabin as it is an inside. Entirely different! But,like you said...not about to complain, it's a cruise:-) Enjoy your Celebrity cruise; I'm sure it will be fun. Connie