Fort Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami

meme121078

Hello everyone. I am new cruiser. After reading some posts I am a little confused. The cheapest shuttle I could find for my party of 4 was SuperShuttle. However, after reading some posts, people were stating that SuperShuttle is not allowed at Fort Lauderdale Airport. If that is the case then how can SuperShuttle give me a quote? I just dont want to be left there stranded.

My other concern is, we are flying in the same day our cruise is leaving. Our flight arrives at 9:24 am and our cruise leaves at 4pm. How early can we board the cruise? I figure we will arrive at the ship around 11-11:30.

I dont really want to rent a car either because I dont want to pay for the car rental and pay $20 for parking for the car not to be used. LOL.

My other option is to do a different cruise that leaves out of FLL a day after our flight arrives but the ship is Harmony of the Seas and its SOOOO MUCH MORE MONEY. LOL.

Hello everyone. I am new cruiser. After reading some posts I am a little confused. The cheapest shuttle I could find for my party of 4 was SuperShuttle. However, after reading some posts, people were stating that SuperShuttle is not allowed at Fort Lauderdale Airport. If that is the case then how can SuperShuttle give me a quote? I just dont want to be left there stranded.

My other concern is, we are flying in the same day our cruise is leaving. Our flight arrives at 9:24 am and our cruise leaves at 4pm. How early can we board the cruise? I figure we will arrive at the ship around 11-11:30.

I dont really want to rent a car either because I dont want to pay for the car rental and pay $20 for parking for the car not to be used. LOL.

My other option is to do a different cruise that leaves out of FLL a day after our flight arrives but the ship is Harmony of the Seas and its SOOOO MUCH MORE MONEY. LOL.

Welcome to cruise critic!

Go to the Fort Lauderdale Airport page about shuttles to Port of Miami: http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/ToMIA.aspx. They discuss Go Airport Shuttle.

For more responses to any of your Florida departure questions, check out the Florida Departures Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495. Lots of helpful locals and frequent cruisers give some good advice.

Be prepared for many to recommend coming in a day early given the state of air travel these days (not to mention weather :)). A 9:30 arrival, assuming you have checked luggage, means you will not be leaving FLL before 10 - 10:15. The trip to Port of Miami under optimum traffic conditions (which doesn't happen often) is 45 minutes. If all goes well, you won't even have a long wait to board your ship. If you get delayed arriving in FLL, that drive will seem awfully long even if it is just 45 minutes. Check your cruise documents - they probably require you to be on board 60 to 90 minutes before departure.

If SuperShuttle doesn't work out for you try MJS transportation who we are using in April.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

has anyone ever used the train or whatever to get there?

It is called Tri-Rail. Do a search on the Florida Departures Board - it is discussed there frequently. (To search just click on the search icon at the top right of the home page of the Florida Departures Board. Enter 'tri-rail' and click 'Go'.)

If you are arriving on a weekend I wouldn't trust making it to the ship on time since the train doesn't run as frequently as it does during the work week and you will need to change to a shuttle or other rail system at the airport in Miami to get to the Port of Miami.

Edited by capriccio

Have you called Super Shuttle directly to ask your question?

DON