Go Best? Please ?

cwbabe48

If you booked Go Best you should get the Premium beverage package, OBC, prepaid gratuities and unlimited internet. The beverage package is for both you & husband.

If you booked direct with Celebrity you should have received a Booking Confirmation- Guest Copy which shows what Celebrity has recorded as your perks. If you booked with a TA they should be able to send you a copy of the Celebrity Booking Confirmation. If the perks you booked aren't showing on the Celebrity Confirmation you or your TA need to get the discrepancy resolved sooner rather than later.

We got the GO BEST. My invoice states I have the classic drink package. I am reading conflicting posts. Please someone in the KNOW, tell me if its classic or premium and does it apply to both my hubby and I?

Thanks

Good Morning cwbabe48,

With the GO BEST option, you get the upgraded Premium Drink Package for both, $300 OBC per cabin, Prepaid Gratuities for both and unlimited internet. So both of you will be able to enjoy the drink package.

Have a great cruise :)

Edited by fninsn
typo and clarification

Did you book a suite or did you choose to pay the difference for Go best? If you paid the difference, would you mind explaining how you came to the decision? We're currently booked with the free classic beverage and the OBC. I'm questioning whether we should change to Go best. Did you book it to get the unlimited internet?

Hi,

At the time of the promo GoBig, Better, Best, I just wanted all they had to offer. It did say the classic beverage package but seeing posts that it should be the premium package I called Celebrity. Since I booked with our TA, X said to have them call X and ask for an upgrade. Bingo, it was confirmed and X waived the difference. We do not have a suite.

Hope this is not too confusing.

We got the GO BEST. My invoice states I have the classic drink package. I am reading conflicting posts. Please someone in the KNOW, tell me if its classic or premium and does it apply to both my hubby and I?

Thanks

I had the same problem with my invoice. Interestingly my mother and step-father are booked in a separate cabin and their invoice shows the premium package. Mine shows only the classic package. I called my TA and he confirmed that my husband and I had the premium package, but my daughter (the 3rd guest in our cabin) has the classic package and that is why the invoices looked different. By any chance, do you have 3 people in your room?

I still feel a little uneasy about it since I don't have anything in writing (except for my TA's email) that we actually have the premium package.

Edited by SerraG

• 10 months later...
Did you book a suite or did you choose to pay the difference for Go best? If you paid the difference, would you mind explaining how you came to the decision? We're currently booked with the free classic beverage and the OBC. I'm questioning whether we should change to Go best. Did you book it to get the unlimited internet?

We had originally booked with the Go Better package. Thanks to a combination of the Canadian dollar doing a nosedive and Celebrity not changing the cost to go from Go Better to Go Best yet, when I did the math, the cost works out to just a little less than what the gratuities and upgrading from the classic would have cost me next year when I would take a hit for the miserable exchange. The unlimited internet is nice but not a big deal since we go on vacation to unplug, not stream in real time. :)

The price for "go best" definitely changes, just like the cruise fares change. When I first began booking my cruise it was $410 pp to upgrade to "go best" for a 12 night cruise. Figured that would be a good deal because we wanted the premium package, which would have cost $141.60 (11.80*12), we already have to pay grats, which would have cost $162 (13.50*12); so $106.40 extra would have gotten us $150 OBC and free internet. We didn't however, because our TA got us a much better fare which wasn't combinable with the "go best" promotion.

Skip ahead to now, when the "go best" rate is currently an extra $540pp. So, much less of a worthwhile deal to pay an extra $236.40 to get $150 OBC and internet. Would def not upgrade at this rate.