Emerald princess

snoozy8

Booked a 51 night cruise sept emerald princess. How much clothes do I take as flying back only allowed 20 kg suitcase. Do I wash and wear. Taking 2 weeks clothes. Love to hear other people's views especially the ladies. On whT they are going to do.

Booked a 51 night cruise sept emerald princess. How much clothes do I take as flying back only allowed 20 kg suitcase. Do I wash and wear. Taking 2 weeks clothes. Love to hear other people's views especially the ladies. On what they are going to do.

There are self service laundries on board. I would start by planning 2 weeks worth of clothing, and lots of over the counter medicines. These may be difficult to get. Don't forget a light jacket and/or sweater. It can get chilly on board.

There are self service laundromats on board so you can do laundry as often as you want. I would probably pack about 10 days worth of outfits and just wash and re-wear the outfits. It's up to you and how often you want to do laundry. I also bring a baggie full of quarters and my own laundry detergent (dry, remeasured into baggies or those pods) and dryer sheets. It makes doing laundry a breeze.

My longest cruise was 32 days. I packed for 10 days in the checked suitcases and managed to get three days worth of clothing in our carry-on bags, plus the clothes you wear on the plane, so it's really two weeks worth of clothing.

Then, being elite, we send out the laundry. I can't stress enough to bring three days worth of clothing in your carry-on because I have met quite a few passengers who have had to board the ship without their luggage, due to the airlines losing it.

Also, take a picture or copy of your passport photo page with you. DH lost his passport and having the copy expedited the replacement.

I also bring a baggie full of quarters and my own laundry detergent (dry, remeasured into baggies or those pods) and dryer sheets. It makes doing laundry a breeze.

Off the Coral in December and washers, dryers, detergents, fabric softeners could only be used by swiping your cruise card......no use of quarters:D

There are self service laundromats on board so you can do laundry as often as you want. I would probably pack about 10 days worth of outfits and just wash and re-wear the outfits. It's up to you and how often you want to do laundry. I also bring a baggie full of quarters and my own laundry detergent (dry, remeasured into baggies or those pods) and dryer sheets. It makes doing laundry a breeze.

If the Emerald has changed to tokens, it would be better to not carry quarters. Actually, quarters are HEAVY...get your change from the machines or PAX services.:)

If the Emerald has changed to tokens, it would be better to not carry quarters. Actually, quarters are HEAVY...get your change from the machines or PAX services.:)

On the Coral they were not tokens. Items were charged to your shipboard account after swiping your cruise card.

On longer trips I typically pack for 9 days and do laundry regularly. Depending on your itinerary, you may need to pack layers for cooler days. If you enjoy getting dressed up on formal nights you might like to pack 3-4 outfits so you have variety.