Missing cozumel today

Mrs.Gosse

Looks like we might miss a port today do to ship issues? What does princess do about that for us? Anything. I'm bummed, I love cozumel.

You will get your port charges returned. The CD and staff will scramble to fill your day with activities (most likely issuing a new Patter). What are the ship issues?

Looks like we might miss a port today do to ship issues? What does princess do about that for us? Anything. I'm bummed, I love cozumel.

I wonder if the side thrusters are still not working and unable to dock. We were on a RCI ship year before last, that did not have side thrusters. When we got almost to Cozumel, the captain said she could not dock as the seas were too rough, and no thrusters. We could see several other ships already sitting at the dock that made. Maybe they don't use tug boats there, so have to navigate all the way to the docks themselves.

Try to enjoy your sea day, although know you were looking forward to getting of the ship.

We are SUPPOSEDLY fixed and on the way . We will be in cozumel in 2 hours and spend the night. Skipping Roatan which bums me out! We love Honduras!

Definitely water issues. My shower is warm enough but there is a leak in my closet. Lots of public bathrooms closed.

We are SUPPOSEDLY fixed and on the way . We will be in cozumel in 2 hours and spend the night. Skipping Roatan which bums me out! We love Honduras!

Definitely water issues. My shower is warm enough but there is a leak in my closet. Lots of public bathrooms closed.

Seem strange that when a ship first comes out of dry dock there are still many problems to be worked out the first few cruises.

Seem strange that when a ship first comes out of dry dock there are still many problems to be worked out the first few cruises.

It seems that the dry docks need to be scheduled for longer periods to take care of everything.

This sounds like a frequent, and annoying, problem when using floating drydocks like at GBSY and many places around the world. Because the dock is a ship itself, if the ship being lifted and its blocks are not in the exact position both with respect to the ship and the dock, the ship can "bend" a little while being supported in the dock. Then, given the Coral's age, I suspect they opened the shaft bearings for inspection and load testing, and reshimmed the bearing based on the load found with the ship in the ever so slightly bent condition. Then, because the cruise ships have such a tight schedule, the "sea trials" after docking are abbreviated, and you won't know there is a bearing overload and overheating until it has run at full speed for many hours. As I said, it happens frequently, and is one reason I prefer "graving" docks over floating docks.

This post from a former cruise ship chief engineer explains just one of the potential post drydock problems. In another post he explains issues with water systems & other things about a drydock.

It would be great to come out "shipshape" but apparently that's not always the situation.

It seems that the dry docks need to be scheduled for longer periods to take care of everything.

Airline captains prefer to fly a plane about to go for a major service than one that just came out. A plane about to go in for service is a known quantity. Who knows what has been done (accidentally) to one coming back out from a major service.

Well, the same with ships, except ships don't fall out of the sky if the engine stops working (several thousand passengers on the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Triumph can verify that for you).

Who knows what wire got pulled out accidentally when someone stepped on it. Or who knows what bolt someone forgot to reinstall. Just because a qualified mechanic worked on it and a qualified inspector inspected the work does not mean everything is as it should be.

Everything is working today. Although we just tried to watch the movie in the universe lounge and it won't work. That's likely not really a princess issue. The food has been great. Some staff have been great. 3 dsys to fix our leaky closet that now dmells very bad though. We now have hot water in every faucet. They have a blower on our hallway that was so soaked puddles formed around your feet.

Cozumel wss great. We did ATV adventure. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it! Great deals in duty free. Ship is moving fast.

Hate to miss Roatan...

I was trying not to bother them. Just thought i would conversate her as it is my right to do so. Just wondering...

Wow

Why do you think they are there? And who is going to have better information, the ship's staff or a bunch of land based people hundreds of miles away?