Indonesian tourist visa to be scrapped?

It's been in the pipeline for a while. Apparently Indonesia have agreed to put Australia on the free visa list but as yet it hasn't happened.

It could happen tomorrow, or they could stall it for another six months. Who knows. :confused:

As reported by various media outlets, the Indonesian tourist visa fee is set to be scrapped for Australians. Would be great if the next to go were China, India and Vietnam.:)

The Chinese tourist visa is on the way out. It was supposed to be out from Feb 1 2016 , but so far it has not been officially released. Confusion abounds .

Especially with Princess whacking on a "handling fee" - the US $35 Indonesian visa costs US $60 through Princess for example.

That handling fee is outrageous. When it was only $25 , thats how much was charged to your account. It only took one line, in this case HAL , to start charging and the others soon got the idea and followed on.

When the coming recession starts to bite , it will be interesting to see what they choose to do , as at that stage they will have to entice passengers to cruise.

When we were there Nov last, they charged $47 and some cents Aus which equated to US$35.

I think they added the "handling fee" after your cruise, Gut. The Vietnam visa fee also has a "handling fee" added to it. US $40 or more extra for the two visas. :mad:

The Chinese tourist visa is on the way out. It was supposed to be out from Feb 1 2016 , but so far it has not been officially released. Confusion abounds .

I wish.

China have introduced some exceptions, and may loosen them, but the tourist visa will definitely remain. Just in some cases, at some places, you may not need it.

It probably will apply - but hasn't come into effect yet. Hence, cruise ships or anything else have needed it so far.

Wef 18 Sept 2015, 75 countries were added to the list.

It is my understanding that Australia may soon be added to that list.

HOWEVER

If you continue reading the announcement you see that cruise ship ports (eg Benoa) are NOT included as points of entry.

Therefore, I believe icat2000 is correct.

No change for Aussies on ships into places such as Bali.

http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/index.php/visa-service-kbri-canberra/visa/visa-free-for-short-visit

Does Celebrity have a similar system to Princess for Indonesia ?

IE: Do they do the visa on arrival for Benoa and then charge your onboard account ?

Thanks.

Yup - they issue you with the visa onboard and it is charged to your onboard account. This was what happened when we were on the Millie last Jan :)

Wef 18 Sept 2015, 75 countries were added to the list.

It is my understanding that Australia may soon be added to that list.

HOWEVER

If you continue reading the announcement you see that cruise ship ports (eg Benoa) are NOT included as points of entry.

Therefore, I believe icat2000 is correct.

No change for Aussies on ships into places such as Bali.

http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/index.php/visa-service-kbri-canberra/visa/visa-free-for-short-visit

Actually, it says that seaports ARE included - just not any of the ones currently that handle major cruise ships.

"Visitors on Visa-Free Short Visits must enter and exit from certain airports and seaports in Indonesia."

That is also assuming this is not changed further if/when Australia is added.

Would it be a money saver to get an Indonesian visa ourselves BEFORE leaving on the cruise? Or does the ship (Dawn) have to sort this for us?

I've been to Bali multiple times but only used VOA. Have no idea how to get one prior.