Norwegian Jade Review Western Carribean Cruise

dramatech

Hello all,

I just got back from a cruise on the Norwegian Jade. We were in room 11152 and that was the aft mini suite. Great room the only thing is the long walk that you had to take to get there. It was especially difficult after a show having to walk from the front all the way to the back. There are a lot of reviews that I read before taking this cruise and I will say only pieces of it were true. For example, people complained about the food at the buffet. Well it wasn't great but to be honest what do you expect from a buffet that is having to give 2000 people food almost round the clock. In that retrospect it was good for me but not perfect. People also complained about the staff. I never once had a problem. I treated them with respect and they did the same with me. They were all great. I was at the customer service desk and one guy complained that his expectations were higher about his room and his service. If I could give some advice to people stop setting your expectations so high. Be happy with what you can get and enjoy your vacation. We had a great time the food in the complimentary dining and the specialty dining was great. Service was excellent. They even welcomed us back to a restaurant we had not been to in 4 days. They just new us right away.

Now I will not say that the cruise was perfect. There were some flaws. For example, having to speak to some of the crew members regarding finances or even to carry on a conversation was sometimes hard. Some of the spoke very little English. That is something the cruise line needs to work on. When they come on the PA system I couldn't understand what they were saying. Luckily, I could piece it together. The other thing is the entertainment shows were well outdated on this cruise. We had a great comedian by the name of David Naster. He was AMAZING!!! The other shows was some washed up Vegas act guy named cripton and renata. The show was pretty crap to be honest. He was super cocky and full of himself. Demanded that we all stand and applaud him. He had 3 shows during the cruise we skipped the other two except for elements we were stuck with him. Besides him the rest of the elements show was great.

Last thing that wasn't perfect that fit with all the complaints was the belize city tendering. It was super slow and long. They only had 3 boats helping us tender. They need to work that problem out. If we didn't go get a ticket to get off like we did that day we would have been able to get off the boat at around 1 and have to be back by 3. We got off and didn't return for about 4 hours. So we're lucky.

Long story short we did not let any of this stuff ruin the vacation. The excursions were great. The crew was helpful and fun. We had the drinking package and dining packages. They were great. Saved us a ton on drink money. This crews line was great as long as your there to just have fun and be worry free. The crew takes care of everything and all you need to do is go along for the ride. If you do go on the cruise I would highly recommend going to Cagney's. Great place to eat. Went there twice it was so good.

Any questions I'd be happy to answers. I'd post pictures but the site doesn't like my nice pictures. I'll include a link later to some of the pictures I took after their all up on the web. I took to many (over 1,000 photos) :P.

We went to 3 of them as we did cagneys twice and we also did tepanyaki twice due to the one guy that did our show didn't do any of a shower and the manager came up to us all after our dinner and said he'd like to make up for the awful show we had and set up our group with two others and made it a huge party with two of their very best cooks. He also complimented us with a free bottle of wine of our choice. It was amazing. We had so much fun. The other was the Le Bistro. That was an amazing place to eat as well. If you can go there. They have escargo that I have never had before but it was excellent. The best part of the entire cruise I'd be honest is some of the small events you can do on the cruise ship. You can get a drink watch a shot or go play deal or no deal. Even bingo was fun although we didn't play cause we didn't want to spend money at that time since we had one more excursion left and wanted to make sure we saved money for any trinkets we wanted. We watched though :D. Also the other best thing was the dining packages and drinking packages. I was able to get my drinks for free. I was a bit tipsy during the cruise :P

I will preface these photos with this is my brand new camera. I have not had a real chance to mess with it. I just uploaded them all. It has a huge zoom so I was taking photos of other ships and people so I can work on my editing afterwards. So there are a lot of close up photos. Enjoy all the photos :D.

http://s11.photobucket.com/user/dramatech/library/Cruise

Will be sailing the Jade next month. Our room will be right above yours. My DW was wondering if you noticed any ship movement being in aft? I also was wondering if had any copies of the daily activities? Thanks for the info.

Will be sailing the Jade next month. Our room will be right above yours. My DW was wondering if you noticed any ship movement being in aft? I also was wondering if had any copies of the daily activities? Thanks for the info.

There was quite a bit of side to side and back and forth depending on the seas. We had two days of moderate seas. So it rocked you to sleep. The day before we docked in Houston OMG. That was bumpy you'd feel the back hit the water. It woke me up maybe 2 times but other than that it again rocked me to sleep. I do have most if not all my daily activities sheets. I'll take some pics and post them for you all. Mind you they won't be the same on the cruise.

Thanks for the info, guess I don't know difference between above and below. Our cabin is BELOW the cabin you were in. Normally cruise in the middle of ship and thought it would be a nice view from the aft. We too went with the drink & dinner package, should we make early reservations if we eat early?

We got there 10 min after they started but we were still far back. I don't know if the time will be the same but when they say what time they will give out tender tickets get there early. We got group 5. Mind you if you have an excursion booked you'll have a ticket already that will serve as your tender ticket.

We got there 10 min after they started but we were still far back. I don't know if the time will be the same but when they say what time they will give out tender tickets get there early. We got group 5. Mind you if you have an excursion booked you'll have a ticket already that will serve as your tender ticket.

Thanks, I'm doing an independent excursion with the .bz tubing company. Looks like I'll have to camp out overnight like it was a Star Wars premier.

While looking at nights to eat at Cagney's we were wondering if there is a formal night in the main dining. Is there and what night/nights?

NCL does not ascribe to "Formal Nights" on any of it's cruise ships, however, there will a couple of "dress up or not nights" or " night out night" usually on sea days.

Cruise casual or resort casual (nice shirts for guys, nice tops and slacks for the ladies) is top dress code. There are some who prefer to dress to the nines... it's freestyle, wear what ysou want to wear. We usually dress resort casual or better but that's just us.

Enjoy your cruise and relax your dress code... bringing a smaller suitcase is good.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

NCL does not ascribe to "Formal Nights" on any of it's cruise ships, however, there will a couple of "dress up or not nights" or " night out night" usually on sea days.

Cruise casual or resort casual (nice shirts for guys, nice tops and slacks for the ladies) is top dress code. There are some who prefer to dress to the nines... it's freestyle, wear what ysou want to wear. We usually dress resort casual or better but that's just us.

Enjoy your cruise and relax your dress code... bringing a smaller suitcase is good.

I spent most of my time in shorts. The only time I changed it was when I did cagneys or some other special restaurant. I put on pants. That was about it. They didn't say a word. NCL is very relaxed with dress code.

I thought the magic show was very entertaining. To each their own.

I ran into him a few times as his cabin was 2 down from ours on deck 5. I laughed big time when they introduced him but he was pretty good and the I want my standing O stick was funny. I thought the Elements show was really good.

The comedian from Texas was funny but I really expected more out of the adults only comedy. Carnival Magic excels here where NCL Jade excels in shows.

The Belize tindering was a joke. I was really irritated when they called 6, 7 and 8 all at the same time. Still we had enough time to do our private excursion to Goffs island.

We didn't do the garde café buffet much. Mostly ate in the Grand Pacific where the dress code was more casual then indicated. Got a little tired of the food (especially the breakfast) but never went hungry.

Until next time.... washy washy, happy happy.