Best suite experience??

mamamzee

Even if it's not Celebrity, which company has the best suite experience? I'm not thinking the super expensive ships but the mid-range (HAL, NCL, etc.)

We were upgraded to a Neptune suite on HAL once, and while it was nice, it really wasn't worth what it would have cost without the lucky upgrade.

I'm thinking ambience, perks, specialness.

Ritz Carlton, San Juan in particular. If not that, Four Seasons in general.

If really, really, particular - Walt Disney World, Grand Floridian Resort, main building concierge.

Ritz Carlton, San Juan in particular. If not that, Four Seasons in general.

If really, really, particular - Walt Disney World, Grand Floridian Resort, main building concierge.

With all due respect, I think the OP is asking about suites on cruise ships and not hotels.

I had a Neptune suite on HAL, and wasn't at all impressed. The Haven Suites on NCL are fantastic. Been in suites on RCI and Princess and they didn't impress at all.

Continue to book royal suites when cruising with Celebrity and believe the perks justified the cost. We are also 4 star mariners with HA and always had a Neptune or Penthouse suite and have no gripes regarding costs; i.e., enjoyed the suite and Neptune lounge and other perks. When comparing Celebrity v HA suite perks, it is my opinion that the perks that come with the Royal Suite (Celebrity) exceed that of Neptune suite perks.

H1 GV Garden Villas 14000 or 14500 or both, on NCL Jade, Jewel, Pearl

Perfect for 2; 4 are still ok, but don't "ghettorize" it by putting more than 4 guests in it.

Royal Loft 1740 on Allure and Oasis.

Again, ideal for 2.

Wintergarden Suite, Seaborne Odyssey

Penthouse Suite 6147, 6148, Celebrity M Class (Millennium, Summit, infinity....)

Penthouse Suite 1611, 1616, Celebrity S class

Celebrity Reflection, Reflection Suite 4101 (balcony small, layout not conducive for parties, however, otherwise great suite)

Edited by Kinofdc

We have been in suites on both Princess and RCI (as well as Celebrity) and there is no doubt that the benefits and extras you get with Celebrity beat the rest hands down. The suite locations are great (other than the S2s under the Buffet).

In Princess the suites are in awkward places like the front of the ship in the corner. In RCI they are under the pool overhang. On Princess you get breakfast in Sabatinis and a mini bar set up (one for the whole cruise) and not much else. RCI had the concierge lounge which was better but the whole package on Celebrity is far superior, even before the new benefits came in.

We have been in suites on RCCL, NCL, Disney and Celebrity. The great thing about Celebrity, and really soon with RCCL, is that you get the butler and concierge lounge. We just came back from a cruise on the Oasis and being on a loft suite so close to the CL and Coastal Kitchen made a huge difference on our suite experience. :)

Even if it's not Celebrity, which company has the best suite experience? I'm not thinking the super expensive ships but the mid-range (HAL, NCL, etc.)

We were upgraded to a Neptune suite on HAL once, and while it was nice, it really wasn't worth what it would have cost without the lucky upgrade.

We like NCL suite experience.

W We just came back from a cruise on the Oasis and being on a loft suite so close to the CL and Coastal Kitchen made a huge difference on our suite experience. :)

We've been in a suite on Oasis as well and LOVED the Coastal Kitchen. Looking forward to trying Luminae in less than 10 days and hoping it's as good!

I have experienced a suite on Celebrity (pre-upgrade experience) and on NCL (Haven - ship-within-a-ship). I have future cruises booked on Celebrity booked in a suite (Reflection - NOV 2016) and on NCL (Epic - FEB/MAR 2016).

While I cannot comment on the "new and improved" suite experience on Celebrity, I have been overwhelmingly pleased with my experiences on NCL. For the cost/value/perks... hands down I would take NCL over Celebrity any day... and I say this before trying Celebrity later this year.

We've been in a suite on Oasis as well and LOVED the Coastal Kitchen. Looking forward to trying Luminae in less than 10 days and hoping it's as good!

Sailed in a CS on Eclipse Dec 2015 . I LOVED Luminae. The menu was very upscale and extremely accommodating . What did you like about Costal Kitchen?

I wil be sailing in the Haven on the Breakaway in Oct. I am anxious to compare the 2 suite experiences. I have a Grand suite booked on the Independence of the seas Jan 2017 and wondered how an older RCL ship would compare .

Edited by MoyCoy

Our recent Royal Suite experience on Summit was perhaps the best in the last 35 or so cruises! The space is wonderful, breakfast delivered by our butler every morning, a bar set-up with my favorite scotch and sweet vermouth, unlimited specialty dining (we ate in Normandy every night and they would prepare literally anything you asked for after the first couple of nights), great service throughout! We've spoiled ourselves with this accommodation for a couple of cruises and it would be hard to go back to Sky Suite or even Celebrity Suite. Everyone has to decide what they are looking for in a cruise and for us, this experience didn't disappoint us. Sorry that the Normandie is being changed to Tuscan Grill and will await updates on what kind of dining experience that will offer us next year.

We've been in suites on NCL twice now and I have to say I do think they do suites well. Private dining room for breakfast, butler, concierge. Room was aft and very well laid out; espresso machine in room that to this day, I want.... And money-wise, if you're in the suite money range, it's affordable.

We do love Celebrity especially the Celebrity suite- now you get great benefits even with a sky suite. However, if you can afford it, not cheap, on NCL's ships that have a Haven- wow. While we are Elite plus celebrity members, and Diamond Royal members, We truly loved the Haven on the Breakaway. We booked and got the all in package- which was great- unlimited specialty restaurants, plus a private pool and sun bathing deck and other perks. They also have a bar and restaurant in the Haven. It was a real treat. Loved the Lavazza coffee maker in the Haven Suites.

Since it was really expensive, I would stick with Royal's grandsuites and Celebrity's sky suites. You get nice perks and a private restaurant and lounge and less crowding at the public spaces.

Edited by Cruise a holic

It's really hard to beat the PH on M-class in general or the bathroom in the PH or Reflectiom Suite. They're pretty pricey but worth it in our opinion. Well, maybe not the reflection suite for 2.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It is the deck with the M PH that makes it so special....oh, and the bathroom, not forgetting the butlers pantry!

Snag is once you find something that suits you so well for special occasions you become reluctant to try anything else....

Celebrity needs to solve the "poolside" seating issue that Royal (somewhat) and NCL (and maybe some of the others) have solved. Create a space with nice padded chairs, towels, and bar service - does not need to be near the pool. Spending so much money for a Royal Suite and then not being able to find two lounge chairs doesn't make sense.

It's really hard to beat the PH on M-class in general or the bathroom in the PH or Reflectiom Suite. They're pretty pricey but worth it in our opinion. Well, maybe not the reflection suite for 2.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Does anyone, by chance, have pictures?

Celebrity needs to solve the "poolside" seating issue that Royal (somewhat) and NCL (and maybe some of the others) have solved. Create a space with nice padded chairs, towels, and bar service - does not need to be near the pool. Spending so much money for a Royal Suite and then not being able to find two lounge chairs doesn't make sense.

Makes since to me. Don't you have a lounge chair on your balcony?

Makes since to me. Don't you have a lounge chair on your balcony?

On the RS (S Class) you get a big rattan lounge chair, the back does not recline. We ask for, and get, a lounge chair like what is used at the pool. It makes for a very crowded balcony. On very hot days there could be no breeze on the balcony in such a confined space, and it can be miserable.

On the RS (S Class) you get a big rattan lounge chair, the back does not recline. We ask for, and get, a lounge chair like what is used at the pool. It makes for a very crowded balcony. On very hot days there could be no breeze on the balcony in such a confined space, and it can be miserable.

I see your point. I have never stayed in a RS, but I would expect a lounger on the balcony.