Regal Ultimate Balcony Dinner

arb18

I'm going on the regal staying in e425 which is a larger balcony than others by the pictures I have seen. Do you think it would work on Regal Balcony?

Any suggestions on which day to do it. We are on the 7 day Eastern with 2 sea days first, then St. Martin and St. Thomas then sea day and then Princess Cay. We want to go to formal nights so that is out.

I am very picky and I have read that the menu can be changed. I would love to get the fettuccine alfredo along with the lobster tail has anyone done that?

Thanks everyone!

We had the UBD on a standard size Regal balcony sailing from Barcelona & enjoyed it as much as our 3 other UBDs.

At about 9'x4' it had about 1' less depth than our 9'x5' balcony on the Island. We've also had it on a 9'x9' balcony & even inside our balcony cabin due to inclement weather...all of them were great.

It shouldn't be any problem getting anything from that night's MDR menu or even something else you request. We've exchanged the half bottle of champagne for a similarly priced full bottle of red wine. We rarely request any other changes but they've always been eager to provide us with a great experience.

We've never had the UBD in the Caribbean so cannot recommend where to have it. However ours have been either during a late evening in port or during sailaway to hopefully have the best weather conditions possible.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We just had the UBD on the regal last month. We had it on a sea day in room E107 a large forward balcony, the weather was great that evening with no wind. We did have menu changes as I am also picky. We got cheese and cracker plate instead of the canapés. I also had a fruit plate instead of the crab cakes. They truly will switch out whatever you want. Our waiters Ariel and Zypher were amazing. We have had the UBD on 4 or 5 cruises and it is always the best.

May I ask, are you expected to tip on top of the service charge?? Thanks.

A tip is not required & it's a personal decision whether to give a tip or not.

We've always given a tip for the great service & if you decide to give a tip I'd recommend doing it in cash. If you keep the automatic gratuities on your shipboard account then your servers get to keep the money. If you remove the automatic gratuities or write a tip on the bill then the money goes into the tip pool shared by many crewmembers & not directly to your servers.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are newbies to Princess (have a cruise on the Regal scheduled for 3/17), and I am unfamiliar with the UBD. Can someone explain it to me (cost, what's included, etc.)? We are in a premium deluxe aft balcony. Thanks!

From Princess....

Enjoy an intimate, romantic dining experience with breathtaking views and a special meal served by your own dedicated waitstaff on your stateroom balcony. Ultimate Balcony Dining features a hosted cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe four-course meal featuring delicate sweet lobster tail or juicy steak among many available delicacies.

• 1 month later...
If I forget remind me in April please.

The balcony is great. Very large. Plenty of space for the UBD. Wish it had a foot rest for the chairs...maybe you would have better luck asking your steward, ours wasn't that great. The missing midship stairs does suck.