Reflection- Lawn Club

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could help me!

I sailed on the Eclipse a couple of years ago, and thought the lawn on the upper deck was a lovely touch, but i felt i never utilised it.

We are booked on the Reflection next summer, and i have seen pictures of people sat on the grass at night with little tables drinking wine. Is there a fee for this or do they provide the cushions/tables and you get a drink from the Sunset bar? Or is it only for those who dine at the Lawn Club Grill? It looks like the perfect way to spend an evening sailing the Mediterranean Sea!

Thanks!

No fee and open to all! Wait staff pass through offering sangria or bar drinks (for a fee - covered if you have a drink package). You can also get cheeses, crackers, and basic fruit. Tables and blankets are provided. They put electric tea lights on the small tables and it can be almost magical with a guitarist playing as you leave port.

I truly love the lawn on Celebrity!

Edited by flyingv4me

We were on the Reflection in October - never saw any tables on the Lawn. We were not up there every evening but did have an Alcove one day and stayed there till about 8 - no people or tables on the lawn. Went to the sunset bar a few nights and again nothing on the lawn. Ate at the LCG and again no one on the lawn.

Sound like a great idea, wish they had done it on our sailing.

We did this on the Reflection once and it was on a set night outside on the lawn with cheese and crackers served, we had the drink package for the wine and there was no fee. However, we were saddened that it was not offered last March when we sailed on the Reflection again and we looked for it on the dailies. We assumed it was one of the cutbacks.

We had it on two of our Reflection sailings. There was cheese and crackers along with a live guitarist. Beverages were available and they passed out pillows and blankets. Fun evening on the lawn. It was held right outside of then Lawn Club Grill in the evening. FREE.

Edited by keesar

I just checked the dailies from our December 12 Reflection sailing - this is how it was listed on the "Celebrity Life Activities Highlights" on the front page (for Tuesday December 15, 2015 St Thomas)::

Society Presents Glastonbury

10:00pm Lawn Club Deck 15

Imagine Glastonbury or a modern day Woodstock with live music, camping tents and beer on tap. Glastonbury Festival is the only greenfield music and performing arts festival at sea, featuring the music of Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Alanis Morissette & more. This evening, Celebrity law still applies, but the rules of society are a bit different. Wine & beer, flip flops & bare feet.

Edited by SeaHunt

Two years ago we sailed on Reflection, and there was an really nice concert on the lawn as we sailed out of one of the Greek ports. There were mini tables, blankets, and waitstaff with wine as well as cheese platters. It was one of my favorite nights on the cruise.

We were on the Reflection in October - never saw any tables on the Lawn. We were not up there every evening but did have an Alcove one day and stayed there till about 8 - no people or tables on the lawn. Went to the sunset bar a few nights and again nothing on the lawn. Ate at the LCG and again no one on the lawn.

Sound like a great idea, wish they had done it on our sailing.

I've been looking at booking an Alcove, but the website is confusing. It says 9 am to 9 pm in one place but duration 2 hours in another. And when I choose a date it comes up as 3 am.

$149 is fine for the whole day but not for two hours...

I've been looking at booking an Alcove, but the website is confusing. It says 9 am to 9 pm in one place but duration 2 hours in another. And when I choose a date it comes up as 3 am.

Phone the Specialty Dining # to book your Alcove. They are very helpful:)

I just checked the dailies from our December 12 Reflection sailing - this is how it was listed on the "Celebrity Life Activities Highlights" on the front page (for Tuesday December 15, 2015 St Thomas)::

Society Presents Glastonbury

10:00pm Lawn Club Deck 15

Imagine Glastonbury or a modern day Woodstock with live music, camping tents and beer on tap. Glastonbury Festival is the only greenfield music and performing arts festival at sea, featuring the music of Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Alanis Morissette & more. This evening, Celebrity law still applies, but the rules of society are a bit different. Wine & beer, flip flops & bare feet.

THAT sounds awesome!! I hope they have it next Presidents' Week when I'm aboard!! (If only my friend who is a musician and does some of Bruce's songs better than him could get booked to do it that would be AMAZING!!!)

Cindy, I was on the Silhouette 3 weeks ago and the Alcoves extn 7000 when on board are for the 12 hours from 9 am to 9 pm. A fruit plate is waiting to start your day then at 3 pm a cheese plate arrives. Pick up the Alcove phone to order drinks. They hold more than 2 people- 4 would fit.

We saw two lawn concerts in the evening -cushions and tiny tables laid out and waiters serving sangria and tapas on one. People were loving it. Singer guitarist playing laid back tunes, electric candles, stars, funnel smoke wafting into the night air. Magical.

We moved over to Lawn Club Grill at 9 pm when our time was up (but no one was kicking us out)

Hope this helps!

Norris