Coffee Cards/Drink packages

kingsgirl

This is not true. We did 3 cruises B2B2B recently, and the waitress tried to tell us initially would suffice for all 3 legs, but then checked with her supervisor who advised the free brewed coffees would only be good for the leg which the card was purchased. You'll notice on the card it shows the ship name and a voyage #. (So we had 3 different numbers for the 3 voyages. They do not indicate dates on the card only the voyage #. Note any punches left can be used on any other cruise.

It was true for us.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Obviously you had someone that approved. I'm just stating what we were told. , and I could not really contest because it plainly states ship and voyage # on the back of each card ??

I understand that but you proclaimed it to be untrue.

It should be honored for the entire cruise b2b2b included.

Yes it has a space for ship/voyage # which should be for individual cruises.

Sometimes ill informed staff, supervisors included give incorrect information.

We have never been questioned using the purchased card for the entire b2b2b cruise.

Thanks! Well good to know that it may be "possible", (still wouldn't want to count on it) but if so, Princess lost money because I definitely seen no point in purchasing one for 3 or 4 days. I do puchase for the unlimited brewed coffee. 😏

I just got off the Ruby and had purchased the card while onboard for $31 plus 15% gratuity. I didn't realize hot chocolate was part of the "free" with coffee card benefit until towards the end of the cruise. I was able to get free brewed coffee, speciality tea (more variety of higher quality teas) and hot chocolate using the coffee card. But it was limit 1 free beverage each time. I didn't see hot chocolate packets available at the buffets but never asked for it so am not sure if it's still free for everyone. The hot chocolate price was roughly $1.50 for a regular or $3 for a large....not sure why such a large markup for the large. They have really good insulated to go cups so no sleeve is needed and the lids are pretty decent with pop up openings.

Can I pay cash in dollars for the beverage packages to avoid conversion charges of exchange rates.If so where can I do this.I am from the UK.

Assuming you are sailing on a princess ship where the onboard currency

is dollars...

Simply purchase the package once onboard, and it will be charged to

your onboard account.

At anytime, you can visit the purser's desk, and apply cash to pay down

your onboard account.

So, you can do what you suggest, it just takes 2 steps.

Reused my coffee card.....Just off the Crown Princess today. I was able to reuse my coffee card that I purchased on a previous cruise. On the first cruise, they punched the card with a regular 'circle' hole punch, but on this cruise they used a 'martini glass' shaped hole punch.

So, it was obvious that my card had been on a previous sailing. Not sure if all cards on this sailing got the same hole punch or if mine was considered 'special'? Was unable to get free brewed coffee at IC (international Cafe). I usually ordered a cold blended tiramisu frappe anyway. Lol.

My husband purchased the soda & more card again on this cruise. He was only able to get Hot Chocolate at IC, but not fresh brewed coffee either. Could get soda everywhere. Didn't know he could have asked for a milkshake. He will be bummed when he finds out that he missed out!! :(

I just got off the Ruby and had purchased the card while onboard for $31 plus 15% gratuity. I didn't realize hot chocolate was part of the "free" with coffee card benefit until towards the end of the cruise. I was able to get free brewed coffee, speciality tea (more variety of higher quality teas) and hot chocolate using the coffee card. But it was limit 1 free beverage each time. I didn't see hot chocolate packets available at the buffets but never asked for it so am not sure if it's still free for everyone. The hot chocolate price was roughly $1.50 for a regular or $3 for a large....not sure why such a large markup for the large. They have really good insulated to go cups so no sleeve is needed and the lids are pretty decent with pop up openings.

Thank you for your coffee experience. We always purchase a coffee card and LOVE getting IC brewed coffee every morning with a yogurt parfait. Best breakfast for us.

We are boarding the Emerald for the 7 day Feb 27th then staying on for the 5 day March 5. We understand we will need 2 coffee cards, one for each cruise.

Here is my question. You mentioned above that you purchased the coffee card for $31 plus gratuity. We preordered a coffee card for $35. Did we pay too much or is the gratuity really $4.00 ??

Thank you for your coffee experience. We always purchase a coffee card and LOVE getting IC brewed coffee every morning with a yogurt parfait. Best breakfast for us.

We are boarding the Emerald for the 7 day Feb 27th then staying on for the 5 day March 5. We understand we will need 2 coffee cards, one for each cruise.

Here is my question. You mentioned above that you purchased the coffee card for $31 plus gratuity. We preordered a coffee card for $35. Did we pay too much or is the gratuity really $4.00 ??

We bought our card with a Princess traveler coffee mug on board and the total was $40.25. We didn't get an itemized receipt but the guy had told us the mug was around $5 (mug didn't have price tag sticker) and the coffee card was advertised as $31 plus gratuity (which is a bit over $35) so I think you were charged appropriately. Maybe since you preordered and are on a b2b, one card might work for the whole trip. Worth a shot and if not, just get your second one onboard. There's been mixed comments about validity of the card on b2bs. I would be interested in hearing about your experience after!

Can I pay cash in dollars for the beverage packages to avoid conversion charges of exchange rates.If so where can I do this.I am from the UK.

As previously said, you could just add $'s to your onboard account to cover it.

However, if you look on the cruise personaliser, you can pre purchase a coffee card for £24.17, and pay on a Uk bank card for no fee.

I checked the details for my cruise and Princess are currently working on a great exchange rate (it may differ depending on sailing date) as reflected in the cost of the coffee card.

The are offering an exchange rate of $1.538, so I am gifting myself OBC, to cut down on bank conversion fees for my onboard account.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this very informative thread, we haven't sailed with Princess for a few years.

It's good to know that you can get free filter coffee by showing your card.

Presumably the coffee card is for a regular size and not a large?

On Cunard and P&O you can share a coffee card, is this possible on Princess or do you have to present it with your cruise card?

Edited by Glenndale

You can share a coffee card..one punch for each coffee orders no matter who orders it. Oh a side note, write you name on the card, that way if you happen to lose it and an honest person turns it in you will be able to get it back. If a dishonest person <on a Princess cruise heaven forbid>finds it, they will use it.

Thanks for this very informative thread, we haven't sailed with Princess for a few years.

It's good to know that you can get free filter coffee by showing your card.

Presumably the coffee card is for a regular size and not a large?

On Cunard and P&O you can share a coffee card, is this possible on Princess or do you have to present it with your cruise card?

On our last cruise I generally just ordered a large, fresh-brewed coffee. Until they ran out of large cups it was fine. After that I didn't really have an option since, as I said, they were out of large cups.

I’ve got 2 of the “Café Select” Premium Coffee Cards, one of them is signed from our last cruise and the other is new, unsigned. I see that Princess has a new Coffee card, “New Grounds” Crafted Coffee card. Will my old “Café Select” Coffee Cards still be good for my hot chocolate and brewed coffee? I also wonder if I can trade in my unused “Café Select” Premium Coffee Card for a new “New Grounds” Crafted Coffee card?

I’ve got 2 of the “Café Select” Premium Coffee Cards, one of them is signed from our last cruise and the other is new, unsigned. I see that Princess has a new Coffee card, “New Grounds” Crafted Coffee card. Will my old “Café Select” Coffee Cards still be good for my hot chocolate and brewed coffee? I also wonder if I can trade in my unused “Café Select” Premium Coffee Card for a new “New Grounds” Crafted Coffee card?

The old cards are still good but will get a punch for brewed coffee since they know it's not a card you bought on your current voyage. I think they changed the cards to flush out the abuse from using the old cards over and over again.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

$35.65 it states for the coffee card. I agree with the poster who bought theirs on ebay.

I don't mind getting a new card each trip for the brewed coffee 24/7. I do use up older cards for the lattes each time though.

My concern right now is on page 1 OP states no longer soda only now it is soda & more? My husband doesn't want the more only his diet coke morning noon & night. Taking soda isn't an option in May due to sailing from Denmark not a US port so is this true. No Soda Only Stickers?

Thanks as always, Laura

I don't mind getting a new card each trip for the brewed coffee 24/7. I do use up older cards for the lattes each time though.

My concern right now is on page 1 OP states no longer soda only now it is soda & more? My husband doesn't want the more only his diet coke morning noon & night. Taking soda isn't an option in May due to sailing from Denmark not a US port so is this true. No Soda Only Stickers?

Thanks as always, Laura

Lots of threads on this, here is a recent one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289868&highlight=soda+only