Cabin GTY - Can they change it after assignment?

Amy5000

Hi all. I recently upgraded my "Interior Connected Stateroom with Virtual Balcony" to an "Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee". Today I noticed I was assigned a stateroom on Deck 11 and I'm pretty happy with it. My Dad and brother are still in an interior connected stateroom on Deck 7.

I was going to call up and see how much it would cost to move them closer to our newly assigned cabin. (I know my dad won't pay to move...but I will). I'm only hesitant b/c I don't know what the rules are about changing Guarantee rooms after they've been assigned. I would hate to upgrade my Dad just to find I've been moved. FWIW, the cabin does not appear to be a handicapped accessible room.

Does anyone have any clue about RCI's rules or policies on changing staterooms once assigned. I did consider calling RCI (and I still might) but I'm finding the hardcore RCI - CC posters to be more knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance. Amy

Since you are in North America, RC lets you:

Look at the EXACT category of cabin that you want to change.

If there is another available cabin in that EXACT category, call and ask for the switch.

And although they "can" change your assignment, they very very very very rarely do.

You have my email addy already. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks all. It appears it's not an issue as there is not another cabin close to us which is cost effective. Maybe when we board I'll see if moving is a possibility.

You can check on board but it is doubtful that there will be any cabins left.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks all. It appears it's not an issue as there is not another cabin close to us which is cost effective. Maybe when we board I'll see if moving is a possibility.

The chances of you moving after you board are probably even less than being moved before boarding.

not going to be an option at all. you either switch now, or it doesn't happen.