Changes to Crown & Anchor

I'm surprised we even have a lounge to go to. When they started offering the 3 drinks on our cards I figured that was there way of slowly getting rid of the lounges. We usually only go to the diamond lounge or over flow room because that's where we have the most fun.

The best fun in the D lounge was on Inde when the Pyramid Lounge was used as the D lounge and 'ROCK THE BOAT' would come in and play. Live music, free drinks and nibbles before dinner.

Best band we've ever heard on a cruise ship.:)

I'm sorry you took offense. In the same way, I took offense at your "know it all" comment.

Look back and you will see you originally stated no source for the numbers you gave. Without a source, there was no verification. On your next response, you quoted the source, namely the concierge. That gives credence to your comment and was all that was necessary.

In any case, the past is the past and I hope we can both enter into positive

dialogue in the future.:)

OK, thanks ....so from now on if I should have any dialog with you I will make sure I quote a source, since anything I might offer as information (which was posted as simple general information to all) "has no credence or verification" unless I do so. Hmmm...interesting. ;)

Also you may want to take note of several others on this thread that took your statement "your numbers do not add up" the same way as I did. I am sorry if I was "snarky" but I felt insulted by your comment and was not sure why I had to provide proof of offered information on a cruise that I was personally on.

Have a great cruising life. ;)

I was referring to the terminology OP used. There has not been and there is not currently anything called Diamond Plus lounge. On ships where the Concierge Lounge exists, yes, it is in essence, as you say, a D Plus lounge (and suites).

But just trying to clarify terminology to latest versions, which recently with large ship revitalizations and new mega-ships is a phase out of Concierge Lounge in favor of Suites Lounge.

Actually it is a suite lounge that is extended as a courtesy to CA D+. It is not unheard of for D+ to move out if the Concierge Lounge cannot accommodate suite guests wishing to use its services.

I don't understand how someone knows how many pinnacles or D+ are in the suite/CL. If anyone was wearing a pin I never noticed. Surely I've talked with both in the lounges but I've in 5 years I've not met anyone who was snooty.

Well, if I was facing down three parrots and didn't have some nuts to give them, I wouldn't be snooty either. :)

• 1 month later...

There isn't supposed to be any difference between how Pinnacle and Suite guests are treated but that isn't the case. We have been in suites and seen other suite guests come into the CL in bathing suits while Pinnacles in shorts are turned away. It's a shame, to me, though, when Diamond guests get the same wine/ hors d'oeuvres at 80 days as a P gets with 1000 days. Just my opinion.

There isn't supposed to be any difference between how Pinnacle and Suite guests are treated but that isn't the case. We have been in suites and seen other suite guests come into the CL in bathing suits while Pinnacles in shorts are turned away. It's a shame, to me, though, when Diamond guests get the same wine/ hors d'oeuvres at 80 days as a P gets with 1000 days. Just my opinion.

If you are saying that it takes 80 points to hit Diamond, yes, it's 80.

If you are saying that it takes 1,000 points to hit Pinnacle, no, it's 700.

:)

If you are saying that it takes 80 points to hit Diamond, yes, it's 80.

If you are saying that it takes 1,000 points to hit Pinnacle, no, it's 700.

:)

How many points does it take to get treated like a valued customer? :confused:

It is not unheard of for D+ to move out if the Concierge Lounge cannot accommodate suite guests wishing to use its services.
No D+ had the grace to leave the CL when we couldn't get a seat in the CL as suite guests. We were the ones to go elsewhere.

Royal is rolling out dedicated Suite class perks on Oasis class and Quantum class ships this season. For the price of those suites, I think it is well warranted.

The most valuable perks come with Diamond (IMO); the nightly cocktail receptions, 3 free drinks per person outside of the lounge, and the larger balcony discount. After that diminishing returns kick in pretty fast. Seems your beef isn't that Diamonds get perks, it is that Pinnacles don't get more perks.

What is it you suggest that Pinnacles get that they are not getting now?

Royal is rolling out dedicated Suite class perks on Oasis class and Quantum class ships this season. For the price of those suites, I think it is well warranted.

The most valuable perks come with Diamond (IMO); the nightly cocktail receptions, 3 free drinks per person outside of the lounge, and the larger balcony discount. After that diminishing returns kick in pretty fast. Seems your beef isn't that Diamonds get perks, it is that Pinnacles don't get more perks.

What is it you suggest that Pinnacles get that they are not getting now?

Bigger balcony discount comes up a lot

No D+ had the grace to leave the CL when we couldn't get a seat in the CL as suite guests. We were the ones to go elsewhere.

Your statement makes me curious as to how this was handled. Did the Concierge check his list and approach D+ individually and ask them to leave? If everyone in the Lounge happened to be Suite guests, would you still want someone to give up a seat for you? Perhaps first-come, first-served is the concept here. IMO, anyone with a key to the door of that lounge has equal access to it.

Your statement makes me curious as to how this was handled. Did the Concierge check his list and approach D+ individually and ask them to leave? If everyone in the Lounge happened to be Suite guests, would you still want someone to give up a seat for you? Perhaps first-come, first-served is the concept here. IMO, anyone with a key to the door of that lounge has equal access to it.

Apparently there could be 170 suite guests on a Freedom class ship. :eek:

Slow day at work. ;)

Like%20button%20stamp_zpszu5gskcb.jpg