Changes to Crown & Anchor

Just curious as to why people think of it this way? I've been in both and see nothing different from one to the other. Each time they have offered the exact same service as far as I could tell, what am I missing that is different?
Totally agree. In fact Diamond Lounges on Freedom & Voyager class ships (most have the sign 'Diamond Club' btw) have far nicer views and are more comfortable IMHO. Even as a suite guest I was unimpressed by the Concierge lounge on a voyager class ship during a transatlantic (basically because it was overloaded by D+ and Pinnacle guests and suite guests were looked down upon). What difference to a D+ guest is there between a D Lounge and a Concierge Lounge? Both have a concierge, both offer cocktail hour, both offer snacks with cocktail hour, both have a coffee machine available 24 hours (when they work!), what am I missing?

Since freedom just came last year from dry dock do you think they will remove it now or they might wait until another dry dock?

I suspect they will wait, because I don't think would want to make the changes to turn the Viking Crown card/game rooms into a Suite Lounge during cruises.

The day I became Diamond was the announcement about Diamonds being excluded from the Concierge Lounge. March 2009

I become D+ at the end of October so if S*d's Law can strike twice then I'd expect some sort of change around then!!! [emoji848][emoji36]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, but September 1, 2009 was the effective date that Diamonds could no longer use the Concierge Lounge.

Sorry for cross-posting, but it doesn't seem to warrant a thread.

What are the top level lounges for? What do they give you that you don't get in the lower echelons?

The perks of the Diamond and Concierge lounge are the same.

I don't know the perks of the Suite lounge on Liberty, as it is still in the midst of it's first revenue cruise since the Suite Lounge was added, and I've not seen any reports yet.

The Suite Lounge on Oasis and Allure offers the same perks as the DL/CL, with the addition of compilmentary soda/beer/wine available from 11am to 11pm.

Totally agree. In fact Diamond Lounges on Freedom & Voyager class ships (most have the sign 'Diamond Club' btw) have far nicer views and are more comfortable IMHO. Even as a suite guest I was unimpressed by the Concierge lounge on a voyager class ship during a transatlantic (basically because it was overloaded by D+ and Pinnacle guests and suite guests were looked down upon). What difference to a D+ guest is there between a D Lounge and a Concierge Lounge? Both have a concierge, both offer cocktail hour, both offer snacks with cocktail hour, both have a coffee machine available 24 hours (when they work!), what am I missing?

Pete, I really don't understand the friction between Suite guests and C&A members. I do not feel your impression that suite guests are " looked down upon" is true. Personally I think people naturally gravitate towards people with common interests. Frequent cruisers relate to those with a similar interest. If you go into a sports bar you will seek out fans of you favorite team, human nature at work. One thing I do not understand is what is it about the Pinnacle Club pin that gets under the skin of so many folks. It's a symbol of recognition from the cruise line, why should Pinnacles avoid wearing it so they do not offend non C&A cruisers. I just do not get that?

Pete, I really don't understand the friction between Suite guests and C&A members. I do not feel your impression that suite guests are " looked down upon" is true. Personally I think people naturally gravitate towards people with common interests. Frequent cruisers relate to those with a similar interest. If you go into a sports bar you will seek out fans of you favorite team, human nature at work. One thing I do not understand is what is it about the Pinnacle Club pin that gets under the skin of so many folks. It's a symbol of recognition from the cruise line, why should Pinnacles avoid wearing it so they do not offend non C&A cruisers. I just do not get that?

Excellent points and a superb post.

I'm not at Pinnacle or Diamond level (yet), but must admit that some of the posts I see at this site create an "image" of cruisers at that level being "snobbish". That's not coming from me personally, rather, comments I've heard from fellow passengers.

Perks are great and likely well-deserved for loyalties...but...they should be enjoyed as provided in contrast to entitlement confrontations.

I suspect they will wait, because I don't think would want to make the changes to turn the Viking Crown card/game rooms into a Suite Lounge during cruises.

Thank you, I got the Ben n Jerry suite and I hope I still can get access to the lounge

Thank you, I got the Ben n Jerry suite and I hope I still can get access to the lounge

That's interesting, I had not thought of the Ben & Jerry's suite perks being affected. Please report back after your cruise.

I don't understand the friction either. However, I am speaking from personal experience as only a D member at the time, but as a suite guest. There were several instances of comments from Pinnacle guests who I'd been introduced to which leads me to my comments. Such as 'oh so you're only Diamond, so it's your fault why the concierge lounge is too busy for us Pinnacles' and 'you do realise that the concierge lounge is only for certain levels of C&A members?' even though the pinnacle member could see I was entering the lounge with my Gold SeaPass card. The best ever was some boor who would sit in the concierge lounge in tatty shorts and t shirt during cocktail hour (even on formal night) and loudly announce to his sycophants, 'check his card, he must have borrowed it'!

These maybe in the minority, but it is the actions of a few that can affect the perception by others of the majority of pinnacles.

Excellent points and a superb post.

I'm not at Pinnacle or Diamond level (yet), but must admit that some of the posts I see at this site create an "image" of cruisers at that level being "snobbish". That's not coming from me personally, rather, comments I've heard from fellow passengers.

Perks are great and likely well-deserved for loyalties...but...they should be enjoyed as provided in contrast to entitlement confrontations.

I agree, but that's not always my experience. That's why to be honest we like the addition of the vouchers on your SeaPass card to enable 3 complimentary beverages during cocktail hour at a bar of our choosing. We very rarely visit the lounges now because the attitudes of a few that we have experienced over the years.

I don't understand the friction either. However, I am speaking from personal experience as only a D member at the time, but as a suite guest. There were several instances of comments from Pinnacle guests who I'd been introduced to which leads me to my comments. Such as 'oh so you're only Diamond, so it's your fault why the concierge lounge is too busy for us Pinnacles' and 'you do realise that the concierge lounge is only for certain levels of C&A members?' even though the pinnacle member could see I was entering the lounge with my Gold SeaPass card. The best ever was some boor who would sit in the concierge lounge in tatty shorts and t shirt during cocktail hour (even on formal night) and loudly announce to his sycophants, 'check his card, he must have borrowed it'!

These maybe in the minority, but it is the actions of a few that can affect the perception by others of the majority of pinnacles.

I agree, but that's not always my experience. That's why to be honest we like the addition of the vouchers on your SeaPass card to enable 3 complimentary beverages during cocktail hour at a bar of our choosing. We very rarely visit the lounges now because the attitudes of a few that we have experienced over the years.

I can certainly understand your feelings, considering your experiences. However, there are always a few people in every walk of life who cast a dark shadow on their peers. It's like the suite guests who berate C&A members because they have access to the lounge, but paid less for their cabins. There are elitists and boors everywhere, just best to ignore them. As long as throwing them overboard is frowned upon, not much choice in the matter. LOL.

Just to clarify, but September 1, 2009 was the effective date that Diamonds could no longer use the Concierge Lounge.

We were on Jewel back to Harwich on that date and put out of the CL before the end of our cruise!!

Took some time money and cruises to get ourselves back into the CL.

It is the lack of seats that seem to cause the most angst. So many all trying to get a seat in one CL!! Suites, Pinnacles, D+

I am On Allure right now- there has been no over flow Dazzles for 3 cruises for DL. Someone at the door sends them to find a lounge to use their 3 drinks at. Most of the 3 cruises have had 500 members trying to use the DL.

DL is packed too with all the Ds and D+ trying to get a seat.

SL does not allow D+. The SL has been quite full for all of our 4consecutive cruises. Suites are full and 20+ Pinnacles.

DL is packed too with all the Ds and D+ trying to get a seat.

SL does not allow D+.

Yes, this is exactly the problem on Oasis and Allure.

When RCCL allowed Diamonds into what was previously the Concierge Lounge, it created a mass infusion of more people.

The real losers in all of this are those of us who are D+

While changing the CL to the diamond club on o/a and allowing d's in, they also introduced a new lounge,Sl, removing most all the people in full suites from the old CL. This amounts to 88 full suite cabins which a lot hold more than 2 passengers, so I would guess 200 passengers removed from the old CL making plenty of room to d members in the DC

Yes, this is exactly the problem on Oasis and Allure.

When RCCL allowed Diamonds into what was previously the Concierge Lounge, it created a mass infusion of more people.

The real losers in all of this are those of us who are D+

Yes! We were that group.

RCL closed the DL and put all Ds D+ into the old CL on Oasis Class.

We were D+ then- had the new DL on Deck 4 for our TA from Rotterdam. That was a different story with over 1000++ to use it!!! It is gone and now the old CL is used instead

We couldn't even think of getting seat when we were almost Pinnacle. Or a coffee on that TA.

Others are almost PC now and no seat at 4:30 in the DL. It is the crowding that is making people angry.

While changing the CL to the diamond club on o/a and allowing d's in, they also introduced a new lounge,Sl, removing most all the people in full suites from the old CL. This amounts to 88 full suite cabins which a lot hold more than 2 passengers, so I would guess 200 passengers removed from the old CL making plenty of room to d members in the DC

There have been 500 to use the DL on each of our 4 cruises on Allure. We are on board now. About 100 are D+ we have been told -- there is a severe lack of seats @about 4:30. No over flow lounge for last 3 cruises.

There piles more Diamonds🙀

There have been 500 to use the DL on each of our 4 cruises on Allure. We are on board now. About 100 are D+ we have been told -- there is a severe lack of seats @about 4:30. No over flow lounge for last 3 cruises.

There piles more Diamonds

There are 18 bars on board for overflow and loaded coupon use till the early seating crowd clears out

Edited by setsail

Traditionally the lounges have been a great way to connect with fellow cruise enthusiasts, so I understand why the difficulty in going is a problem. For some of us it's not about free drinks.

At any rate, the reason I enjoy freedom class is that we can usually hang out at the bar just outside the DL with the rest of the overflows and still go in for a snack. :)

Sadly, your math is off.

There are many more Diamonds onboard Oasis and Allure than there are suite guests. Removing the suite guests doesn't come close to making up for the additional Diamonds.

Sadly, your math is off.

There are many more Diamonds onboard Oasis and Allure than there are suite guests. Removing the suite guests doesn't come close to making up for the additional Diamonds.

It's my math/facts and I am sticking to it. The 18 bars should hold an additional 550 to 600 or more. ;)